PDA

View Full Version : Ebay seller thebbckid

CardinalsFan
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Has anyone bought anything from thebbckid? Thoughts on the seller and his/her items? Thanks.

scottanservitz
03-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I bought my Griffey Jr. batting gloves from him years ago. The LOA is signed by Junior along with each glove. I also got an 8X10 autographed photo from him. He has been dealing in cards for quite awhile and has or had connections to Junior and Arod from what I can remember. He had a warehouse or something that had lots of his unopened sportscards burn down a few years back. I had a good transaction with him.

Scott

kingjammy24
03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
mark murphy (bbckid) probably knows a lot about baseball cards but i think he got burned on some of his griffey items. i think he got most of the stuff from coast to coast / millcreek. the provenance is there but the jerseys themselves don't hold up. i remember one griffey was missing a nameplate. his current '93 road griffey is devoid of any customizations which is atypical for a '93 griffey. murphy had a stack of griffey-sourced shirts and to me they just looked like stock shirts that griffey ordered for the sake of reselling them. i think griffey was pumping it out like a madman in the 90s and i think some folks got burned from some of his garbage.

"Ken Griffey Jr. got into it to help out his buddies, the guys he went to school with. He gave them the stuff and they sold it. It was a way to allow his friends and family to share his wealth," says Josh Evans, chairman of Lelands.com, an auction house. "The first wave of stuff was great. It was obvious he had that stuff for a long time. But then stuff started coming out that really didn't look game-used."

rudy.

suicide_squeeze
03-10-2009, 12:59 PM
He had a warehouse or something that had lots of his unopened sportscards burn down a few years back. I had a good transaction with him.

Scott

Ouch. It's my understanding that NO ONE in the insurance industry will insure baseball cards.

That had to hurt.

David
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't know about his experience with game used, but he is a well known and respectable hobby guy, formerly one of the top dealers in unopened trading card packs, boxes, cases. He used to be the head unopened pack authenticator for GAI, and has been in business for years. I've heard his name many times in baseball card circles, and never heard anyone call him dishonest.