PDA

View Full Version : How Many Practice Jerseys Do Players Use Each Year In The NFL?

RKO18
03-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Hey Guys,

I own a 2004 Peyton Manning Blue Practice Jersey. I have photomatched it to a picture of Peyton from a 2004 article and purchased it from a reliable source so I have no worries about it's authenticity.

It got me wondering...how many of these practice jerseys are used every year?

I know quarterbacks might use a few different colors. For instance, I know sometimes Peyton wears blue jerseys and other times they're white. I was curious to know how many of these jerseys a player like Peyton might go through in a year?

Essentially, I'm trying to figure out of my 2004 practice jersey was the only blue one he wore that season, or if there may have been multiples.

Thoughts?
Thanks

TriplexXxSports
03-09-2009, 10:27 AM
This is an educated guess but, I would think that because practices are limited contact, and more repetition & drills, practice jerseys don't take that harsh of a beating so 1 jersey would be able to be used a lot longer by a player.

On field, athletes need to look 'professional', so extra gamers are there just in case. But who really cares if a player wipes a bloody finger on a practice jersey. They're not in the eyes of the world at practice so there's really no need to change or replace the jerseys all the time. I know when I played ball, we only got 2 practice jersey for all 4 years, the QB got 3 including the red.

To answer your question, I would think that as long as the practice jersey isn't destroyed, or the team decided to switch styles, NFL players will use the same practice jersey(s) throughout most of their career.

Whether its because of the limited number made, or the fact that there just isn't really a big market for practice jerseys, I'd say you a sweet a** addition to your collection. No doubt they are hard to come by.

TriplexXxSports
03-09-2009, 10:32 AM
...... I would think that as long as the practice jersey isn't destroyed, or the team decided to switch styles, NFL players will use the same practice jersey(s) throughout most of their career.

I should have stated that MOST NFL players will use the same practice jersey(s).

mdbeal
03-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi:
I have been collecting Carolina Panthers game and practice jerseys since the team came into being in 1995. The Panthers now sell their common players game and practice jerseys in the team store. I have noticed that for most years, players are assigned two white practice jerseys and two blue practice jerseys. Most of the time, one white and one blue jersey shows much more wear that the others. So, at least for the Panthers, most guys are assigned a couple of new practice jerseys each year. I have seen the Panthers use the red quarterback jerseys for several years until they become so faded that they are "retired".

Hope this helps.