Vintagedeputy
03-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Nice!

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0314/mlb_a_percival_400.jpg

gingi79
03-08-2009, 10:01 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha

That's funny.

3 first ballot Hall of Fame pitchers are less than 3 guys who are mildly effective.

Not funny. I know humor. I get jokes. :p

1986&2004Bosox
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
if Steve Avery makes the hall of fame I will be shocked. Think that should of been Maddux in there. Avery????????????

camarokids
03-08-2009, 10:23 PM
They are dreaming or smoking something funky down there in Florida, if they those three Devil Rays pitchers compare to the three Braves pitchers.

Not even close.

I like the Rays, but if they start to get too cocky, that could change......

They are acting like it easy to repeat things such as making it to the World Series two years in row or even twice in a career.....

They better get their heads out of the clouds...

bigtime59
03-09-2009, 08:55 AM
I don't have a problem with this. First, it's nice to see somebody wearing a BP jersey that doesn't appear to be five sizes too big, and second, I don't think the intent is to say "our guys are better than these guys", but instead that "these guys are our equivalent to those guys".
And if the Rays want to repeat, they'll need to stay loose.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

ahuff
03-09-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't have a problem with this. First, it's nice to see somebody wearing a BP jersey that doesn't appear to be five sizes too big, and second, I don't think the intent is to say "our guys are better than these guys", but instead that "these guys are our equivalent to those guys".
And if the Rays want to repeat, they'll need to stay loose.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

I agree. To add to that, I think they are also saying "these guys are equivalent to those guys at this stage of their career". That is why Maddux is not in there, because he came along later.