PDA

View Full Version : Sports Memorabilia Prices?, anybody have a website to see the value of certain things?

davidhp
03-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm moving in with my girlfriend to a smaller apartment and I have loads of memorabilia, some really good stuff like Rookie Cards as well as signed helmets and a couple of buddies of mine are offering to buy some off of me. I don't really have a lot of space in the new apartment and with getting situated I guess some extra cash couldn't hurt me. Anybody know a website where I can judge prices?

TNTtoys
03-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm moving in with my girlfriend to a smaller apartment and I have loads of memorabilia, some really good stuff like Rookie Cards as well as signed helmets and a couple of buddies of mine are offering to buy some off of me. I don't really have a lot of space in the new apartment and with getting situated I guess some extra cash couldn't hurt me. Anybody know a website where I can judge prices?

Try scdauctions.com -- it has a very comprehensive database of items that have sold in auction the past few years. Keep in mind that this is just a starting point, as it is all subjective based on use, condition, etc. You will not get down to the bare bones detail on this site.

davidhp
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Thanks. I'll take some time to look for those matched stuff.
Yeah I'm actually keeping most of the Rookie Cards. I started collecting when I was very little.. I have some good stuff that I'll never get rid of like my Barry Sanders rookie card, Troy Aikman, Deion Sanders... I have pretty much real good stuff. Emmith Smith signed helmet, Lawrence Taylor signed helmet, Roger Staubach signed helmet. I have all the slips of auth as well. I was a real big hobbyist at a young age. The helmets, footballs and stuff probably have to go but most of my card collection will be staying with me. My father used to take me to all the signing when I was little, really got me going into football. Lawrence Taylor was really cool.. I think I'll remember that one for the rest of my life. He let me sit next to him and chatted with me for a good 20 min after he signed my Helmet and Jersey... I was about 6 at the time

suicide_squeeze
03-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Also try Heritage Auctions.....they have an archive database. Punch in what you want to know about, and if they've sold one like it in the past several years, it should pop up. You can review the item, condition, etc., and final auction sale price......however, I believe you must register with them and become a "member" to view the prices.

The upside is, it doesn't cost anything to register. The data base is a helpful reference guide.