PDA

View Full Version : Todays Hunt Auction

dirtyla2000
03-08-2009, 12:49 AM
I got a great Mike Jorgenson 1972 Expo gamer from Hunts today ,700.00 cheap , anyone else get in on the auction!

Dewey2007
03-08-2009, 12:54 AM
I got a great Mike Jorgenson 1972 Expo gamer from Hunts today ,700.00 cheap , anyone else get in on the auction!

Congrats on winning the Jorgenson gamer! I got outbid on a Stargell game used bat so I'm happy to hear that somebody won something in today's auction.

dirtyla2000
03-08-2009, 01:05 AM
Did anyone notice below avg prices and a lot of DNS like the Carter Expos 82 jersey!

Metsfan808
03-08-2009, 07:06 AM
I won the 2002 Piazza jersey.

suicide_squeeze
03-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I am one who believes the hobby is definately being hit by the recession.... the recession, borderlining depression.

Did you guys see the fabulous "Best Wishes, Roberto Clemente" ONL Feeney ball?

In a good market, this one goes for 18K. To get a blazer like this, on the most desired median you can (a proper league game day ball).....and it ends up a DNS......that speaks volumns.

suicide_squeeze
03-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Althought this doesn't fall into "game used"......it's definately all encompassing in our interests......I saw this and decided early on I just had to have it somewhere in my house. Now all I have to do if figure out a way to pay for it.:o

This was my wonderful little acquisition from the Hunt auction....a 27" high solid Bronze statue replica (only 100 made..many believed to be in Balitomore Orioles officials, MLB dignitaries, and museums (including the Babe Ruth Museum in Baltimore) with only a limited few reaching the public) of the statue that stands at the Eutaw Street (Gate H) entrance of Camden Yards, where the majority of fans enter the ballpark.....only two blocks from Babe's birthplace.

It's of a young Babe Ruth during his days at St. Mary's Industrial School for boys. It's called "Babe's dream". Artist who did the original sculpture at Camden Yards was Susan Luery.

dirtyla2000
03-08-2009, 02:48 PM
that Babe statue also caught my eye,sweeeeeeet!

suicide_squeeze
03-08-2009, 02:50 PM
that Babe statue also caught my eye,sweeeeeeet!

Were you one of the several in the bidding frenzy??

David
03-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Don't collect statues, but have to agree the Ruth bronze is great.

Of side note, I went to the Seattle Art Museum last week and, with the Picassos and Rembrants and Jackson Pollacks, they had one of the 1800s Douglas Tilden baseball pitcher bronzes, which is the most famous and desirable baseball state (see below). Anyone in Seattle can stop by and see it. Beside the piece, its a nice art museum worth a visit anyway.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/images_items/Item_4241_1.jpg

suicide_squeeze
03-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Don't collect statues, but have to agree the Ruth bronze is great.

Of side note, I went to the Seattle Art Museum last week and, with the Picassos and Rembrants and Jackson Pollacks, they had one of the 1800s Douglas Tilden baseball pitcher bronzes, which is the most famous and desirable baseball state (see below). Anyone in Seattle can stop by and see it. Beside the piece, its a nice art museum worth a visit anyway.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/images_items/Item_4241_1.jpg

That's absolutely breathtaking.......Thanks for posting a pic of it.

Kinda looks like the great great grandfather of Dennis Eckersley...:D

Ripken
03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Looks to me like the Clemente sold for $10K plus BP?

suicide_squeeze
03-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Looks to me like the Clemente sold for $10K plus BP?

How funny, I just came back here to post the same thing, and I see your post!

When I checked it on late Saturday, it had a $0 under the sale amount.....so they must have undated it after I looked, say Sunday morning. Strange.....

Yes, it did sell for $10,000.

I still think that's super low for that ball.....the winner must be real happy.