PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Question??

ryanhoward#6
04-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi. I'm interested in getting a piece of Game Used memorabilia from my favorite player, but do not know what I should go for. If anybody could give me their input, that would be great.

Thanks everyone!

flaco1801
04-20-2006, 08:58 PM
:confused:

icollectDCsports
04-20-2006, 09:26 PM
A game used bat of a favorite player is a great item to get because it will have his name on it, most likely his uniform number on the knob, will have other personalizing aspects to it (how he tapes it or applies pine tar), and of course evidence of his using it in a game (such as ball, seam, and cleat marks).

Helmets are cool, but hard to obtain and can be hard to confirm in terms of authenticity and game use.

But don't let anyone else tell you what to collect. Just be careful to confirm authenticity and get what you like and can afford.

astros*bats
04-20-2006, 09:57 PM
I would agree with DC and go with the bat. It all depends on what you like best and what is in your price range. Some items such as hats, batting gloves, and cleats are sometimes cheaper than bats, but are also sometimes harder to authenticate. Go with what you like best.

suave1477
04-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I personally like to get bats, but it depends on where your interests are for items, becuz i think helmets are pretty cool bcuz they are more rare then anyhing else, players can go hrough tons of bats, gloves and cleats hough a season but a helmet there is usually one a season or sometimes it can be used for more then one season. But i still like a bat!!!

ham1963
04-21-2006, 11:43 AM
I like the good old game worn jersey:D