PDA

View Full Version : Game used Joe Crede glove

lowell25
03-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I was hoping someone could help me out with a question about Joe Crede. Does anyone know if Joe uses a Ventura RV23 type glove? Joe Crede's name is embroider on the glove. Second, can you buy a type of glove like this is a store. Thanks:D

5kRunner
03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Have you searched for any pics for a style match? Getty has several.

There should be a four letter date code on the glove. I don't know how to read it, but others here do. That should help you pin point when he may have used the glove.

grenda12
03-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Definitely look on http://www.gettyimages.com/ Search for Joe Crede. Many pics there.

camarokids
03-06-2009, 02:36 PM
looks very similar....

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Sox-Joe-Crede-Game-Used-Glove_W0QQitemZ250383436881QQihZ015QQcategoryZ5011 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

camarokids
03-06-2009, 02:52 PM
I should glove looks similar, but the basket bar is thicker on the one listed on ebay....

5kRunner
03-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Same glove from December.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-White-Sox-Joe-Crede-Game-Used-Fielders-Glove_W0QQitemZ110325792986QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item110325792986&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2

thomecollector
03-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Have you searched for any pics for a style match? Getty has several.

There should be a four letter date code on the glove. I don't know how to read it, but others here do. That should help you pin point when he may have used the glove.
The date code for the Rawlings Gloves are as follows:

B-1 H-6
L-2 O-7
A-3 R-8
C-4 S-9
K-5 E-0

FENWAY
03-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Problem is those pictures on ebay are mine and the glove is still here in Connecticut with me. Flood the scammer with questions!

chicagoglen
03-06-2009, 07:10 PM
All,

The pictures are of a nice issued glove. (Not sure who has possesion of it now) Crede never used a glove with Black piping. (At least for al the photos I looked through) I have seen this glove before it is a legit Crede issued glove just never used.

Glen

thomecollector
03-07-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm starting to think that the guy is just hijacking peoples pics of stuff . Then putting it up on ebay. He has a Thome nameplate on ebay that I am winning. But the pic(s) could be that one from grenda12 . Help ??:(

grenda12
03-07-2009, 05:51 PM
The date code for the Rawlings Gloves are as follows:

B-1 H-6
L-2 O-7
A-3 R-8
C-4 S-9
K-5 E-0

How do you read the date codes? Im interested in this.

thomecollector
03-07-2009, 06:13 PM
How do you read the date codes? Im interested in this.
Each letter has a number. There is a usually a 3 or 4 letter code near the wrist of the glove . For example, I have a Thome glove from Wilson. The letters are ANH. That translates to Dec. 2005. I am not sure how Rawlings gloves are coded. But, the code for them is as I stated. Help anyone else??? Grenda, Could you contact me ? I have soething i want to show you. Thanks,Roger:D

FENWAY
03-08-2009, 06:06 AM
The creep ended the auction for the Crede. I asked him if the pictures were the actual glove for sale and he said, 'Sure are'. Low life :mad:

thomecollector
03-08-2009, 08:30 AM
The creep ended the auction for the Crede. I asked him if the pictures were the actual glove for sale and he said, 'Sure are'. Low life :mad:
I noticed that he pulled the Peirzynski bat as well. He actually took peoples pictures, and cropped them to remove everything else in the picture. I had questions about the nameplate I was bidding on.
Turns out I was right. He got the pics from a Grenda12 post . I noticed the bat had some carpet I recognized in the background. I had remembered seeing it in some pics that a guy I know sent me of some Thome stuff. So I contacted him about it . Turns out it was his pics.And he still has the bat. Just like FENWAY has the glove. I then emailed the seller with the info. I stated that I wasn't paying one dime until he could prove to me that he had the nameplate I won. No word from him yet......I am disappointed though. I really wanted the nameplate though...:(

chakes89
03-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Was the plate that you are talking about the one that I emailed you about?

That sucks

suicide_squeeze
03-08-2009, 02:25 PM

Did you notify ebay of the fraud?

suicide_squeeze
03-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Each letter has a number. There is a usually a 3 or 4 letter code near the wrist of the glove . For example, I have a Thome glove from Wilson. The letters are ANH. That translates to Dec. 2005. I am not sure how Rawlings gloves are coded. But, the code for them is as I stated. Help anyone else??? Grenda, Could you contact me ? I have soething i want to show you. Thanks,Roger:D

Roger, I sent you two emails. Did you receive them? I'd really like to talk.

If you would, please email me at suicide_squeeze@roadrunner.com

Thank you,

Steve

thomecollector
03-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I shut him down. After him not being able to provide me with the proof I requested, I told him I was contacting ebay. He pulled the glove, Pierzynski bat. I called ebay, and told them the whole story of him hijacking pics. The said they would look into it. Well, he is gone daddy gone. Yes, Chakes. That is the one. Sorry , I didn't respond.:D

skyking26
03-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I am disappointed though. I really wanted the nameplate though...:( [/B]

We all get disappointed.

chakes89
03-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Yes, Chakes. That is the one. Sorry , I didn't respond.:D
No Problem

Sucks that you didn't get what you wanted

At least you got rid of a scammer

thomecollector
03-08-2009, 07:55 PM
We all get disappointed.
So says "Capt. Disappiontment ":rolleyes: .......

thomecollector
03-08-2009, 07:56 PM
No Problem

Sucks that you didn't get what you wanted

At least you got rid of a scammer
Yeah, Maybe Liz will unload that one she has one day.;)

skyking26
03-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Just call me Captain.

suicide_squeeze
03-08-2009, 09:29 PM

Hey thomecollector.........

What's up? Is there a reason you are ignoring my requests to contact me?

Was it something I said?:confused:

Would you please email me at suicide_squeeze@roadrunner.com at your convenience?

Thanks, I would really appreciate it.

Steve

grenda12
03-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, Maybe Liz will unload that one she has one day.;)

Youll be the first to know Roger. I sent you an email never got a reply.

Liz

thomecollector
03-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Hey thomecollector.........

What's up? Is there a reason you are ignoring my requests to contact me?

Was it something I said?:confused:

Would you please email me at suicide_squeeze@roadrunner.com at your convenience?

Thanks, I would really appreciate it.

Steve
Steve,
No, you didn't. As a matter of fact. I never recieved any emails. My email has been a bit awkword lately. Sorry.
Roger

suicide_squeeze
03-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Steve,
No, you didn't. As a matter of fact. I never recieved any emails. My email has been a bit awkword lately. Sorry.
Roger

Ahhhhh, O.K., that explains it. Looks like others were having trouble reaching you too.

All I was wondering (as I step all over this thread in a completely different direction......sorry!) is if you have any home run balls of Jim Thome?

If you do, one with great provenance, I'd be interested in talking about a purchase. We could pick this up in a thread on "wanted Items". Let me know, please!

Thanks,

Steve

thomecollector
03-09-2009, 03:25 PM
SORRY, I DON'T. ALL I HAVE IS A FEW BP HOMERUN BALLS .:o

suicide_squeeze
03-09-2009, 05:37 PM
SORRY, I DON'T. ALL I HAVE IS A FEW BP HOMERUN BALLS .:o

That's more than I have!

Thanks very much for the responce. Good luck with your collection!

Regards,

Steve