PDA

View Full Version : Any idea for discussion?

JasonBanz
03-05-2009, 11:38 PM
I need some idea for a discussion. Working overtime on the midnight shift at a county jail doesn't give you much to do :o . Any ideas?

Vintagedeputy
03-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I need some idea for a discussion. Working overtime on the midnight shift at a county jail doesn't give you much to do :o . Any ideas?

Oh man have I spent some midnights working at a county jail! Sooooooo glad that I got out of that business! 12 years was enough.

We could spend the evening talking about jail slang...flying a kite, beating the deuce, fifi...oh the good old days.

So.....how 'bout those Nationals! :)

JasonBanz
03-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Oh man have I spent some midnights working at a county jail! Sooooooo glad that I got out of that business! 12 years was enough.

We could spend the evening talking about jail slang...flying a kite, beating the deuce, fifi...oh the good old days.

So.....how 'bout those Nationals! :)

Ah! You have been where I am. I enjoy it......for now. Been here for nearly 2 years. Where did you used to work? Love the jail slang! Did they used to make "hooch" then too?

Nationals? Hhmm! Don't they wear the navy and red uniforms and normally end up near the bottom of the NL East :p . Can't say much, i'm an Orioles fan :o .

Vintagedeputy
03-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Ah! You have been where I am. I enjoy it......for now. Been here for nearly 2 years. Where did you used to work? Love the jail slang! Did they used to make "hooch" then too?

Nationals? Hhmm! Don't they wear the navy and red uniforms and normally end up near the bottom of the NL East :p . Can't say much, i'm an Orioles fan :o .

I worked 2 years in Jersey and the rest of the time in Va. Yes, they made hooch. Up north, it was called hooch. Down south, they call it mash. Same rotting fruit with suger in a container under someone's bunk....same nasty smell. Start looking for it in June. They usually let it ferment for 6 months before Xmas.

and the Nats? They will be alot better this year....well, at least better than the NO's ! :)

JasonBanz
03-06-2009, 12:08 AM
I worked 2 years in Jersey and the rest of the time in Va. Yes, they made hooch. Up north, it was called hooch. Down south, they call it mash. Same rotting fruit with suger in a container under someone's bunk....same nasty smell. Start looking for it in June. They usually let it ferment for 6 months before Xmas.

and the Nats? They will be alot better this year....well, at least better than the NO's ! :)

Ok, I work in Maryland. Hagerstown, MD to be exact. Since you lived or live in Virginia, didn't know if you knew where that was at. Yeah the hooch is a disgusting choice of beverage. Found plenty myself. Yet to run across any weapons yet. But minus the mental aspect of corrections, its not a hard job.

As for the O's, maybe once Angelos bites the dust, the team get get some decent players. I'm more of a football guy anyway. Bleed aqua and orange. Although if I root for any NFC team its the Giants! ;)

Vintagedeputy
03-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Ok, I work in Maryland. Hagerstown, MD to be exact. Since you lived or live in Virginia, didn't know if you knew where that was at. Yeah the hooch is a disgusting choice of beverage. Found plenty myself. Yet to run across any weapons yet. But minus the mental aspect of corrections, its not a hard job.

I found a few shanks over the years. My thing was drugs. I used to search the inmate mail and I nailed everything. I once got a felony conviction 16 months after the delivery. I got some DNA off the envelope where the guy licked it. Oh those were the days!

JasonBanz
03-06-2009, 12:30 AM
I found a few shanks over the years. My thing was drugs. I used to search the inmate mail and I nailed everything. I once got a felony conviction 16 months after the delivery. I got some DNA off the envelope where the guy licked it. Oh those were the days!

Good stuff! I go through mail roughly once a week, plus when it gets sent back I go through the inmates mail who are on my crap list just to see if I can find anything to nail them on. Our biggest problem now is gangs. One of the largest gang sects was started in our jail. We are right at an intersection of I-70 and I-81. We get trash from Baltimore, D.C., and New York City. A New York City detective once said most of the trash he comes across in NYC gives him a Hagerstown address. How far outside of D.C. were you?

Vintagedeputy
03-06-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm in Richmond, 2 hours south of DC

JasonBanz
03-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Ok, I've been there before, not really sure what the crime rate is likedown there though

earlywynnfan
03-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Have you thought about discussing politics? There really isn't much talk about politics on the internet; you can fill the void.

Other great, fun-filled discussion topics:
why my friends are losing their jobs
religion
Yankees Suck!
the best diet plan
Cheez Whiz

Glad to be of help!
Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

camarokids
03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Hey guys,since you two brought all this slang talk. Do you care to fill us in on what it all means in English???

ie: flying a kite, beating the deuce, fifi

any others???

encinorick
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Jason: Sounds like you have a pretty dangerous job. I think you need a LA Rams Game Used 1980's helmet for protection. Also, it's pretty cool to look at on a long cold night at the office. What say you?:D

JasonBanz
03-06-2009, 11:57 AM
I think if we told you what the slang meant, we would get kicked off the forum. I bet if you googled them you would find the answers. Just a hint though, they are ways to be pleasured.

Encinorick, just saw that you responded to my post, not interested in a Rams helmet right now. Thanks anyway!

Vintagedeputy
03-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey guys,since you two brought all this slang talk. Do you care to fill us in on what it all means in English???

ie: flying a kite, beating the deuce, fifi

any others???

Terms vary slightly by region, but in Va. they mean this..

flying a kite - passing a note throughout a jail to someone. Communication amongst certain inmates (male/female, etc) is generally prohibited. If you give a note to a fellow inmate working in, the laundry for example and he puts the note in another person's laundry bag, you are "flying a kite"

beating the duece refers to scamming an extra food tray at meals. You eat most of everything quickly and then "drop" your tray and ask for a replacement....or you say that something was missing like the fruit that you are using to make mash.

A "fifi' is a wash rag tied in a knot. You fill it with shampoo and then take it to the shower to...well, you can figure it out from there. Fifi is your girlfriend while you are in jail.

Blitzmaster
03-06-2009, 01:05 PM
I have worked for The California Dept. of Corrections (and rehabilitation {LOL}), for over ten years and we call inmate manufactured alcohol, "Pruno". Our inmates don't fly kites, they drop 'em. If they drop their tray once it hits the cell, that is on them and they learn a hard lesson(they also like to say that there was a hair in the food after they eat the good stuff).

At least inside the walls you know what you are dealing with, EVERY one of them is less then 5 minutes away from being the worst inmate you would ever want to meet! Stay safe.

bigtruck260
03-06-2009, 01:08 PM
A "fifi' is a wash rag tied in a knot. You fill it with shampoo and then take it to the shower to...well, you can figure it out from there. Fifi is your girlfriend while you are in jail.

I think I just got in trouble at work for laughing out loud. I would never make it in prison...

JasonBanz
03-06-2009, 02:55 PM
See, I heard of another way you can "fly a kite". Not pretty!!

Vintagedeputy
03-06-2009, 03:40 PM
See, I heard of another way you can "fly a kite". Not pretty!!

anything has to be better than "tossin' salad" LMAO :)

JasonBanz
03-07-2009, 12:17 AM
anything has to be better than "tossin' salad" LMAO :)

EWW! I read an inmate to inmate letter one day that mentioned something to that effect, but I believe the exact words were eat you like a birthday cake......:eek: :confused: :(

jppopma
03-08-2009, 09:53 PM
So glad I just drop them off and are done with them..well for a few months at least. Stay safe.