PDA

View Full Version : Arod out at least 10 weeks.

Yankwood
03-05-2009, 02:40 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2009/03/report_arod_out.html, as the steroid paper tigers start to crumble.

3arod13
03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2009/03/report_arod_out.html, as the steroid paper tigers start to crumble.

Don't understand. What does "as the steroid paper tigers start to crumble" mean?

Yankwood
03-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Don't understand. What does "as the steroid paper tigers start to crumble" mean?It means all aboard the McGwire/ JuanGone Express and watch the wheels come off. Injuries mount, bodies break down, y'know we've seen this act before.

mwbosoxfan
03-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Just heard a report by Jason Stark on ESPN radio that the MRI on A-Rod's hip revealed a torn labrum. Not known at this time if it will be surgically repaired. Early speculation is that this type of injury could be significantly more serious than the cyst removal surgery.

gameused
03-05-2009, 06:38 PM
One of the many side effects of Steroids are cysts near the injection site which would be the hip/glute area!

3arod13
03-05-2009, 06:40 PM
It means all aboard the McGwire/ JuanGone Express and watch the wheels come off. Injuries mount, bodies break down, y'know we've seen this act before.

I get the many who hate Arod and bash him alot. But in this case, I do't think this is a laughing matter.

ESPN medical doctors reported on sports center tonight that steriods use would have nothing to do with Arod's current medical condition.

I think your comments lack class.

Regards, Tony

3arod13
03-05-2009, 06:47 PM
For those who would like to educate themselves before they speak:

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/blogs/jamesherndonmd/anterior-hip-painl-16051

Yankwood
03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
I get the many who hate Arod and bash him alot. But in this case, I do't think this is a laughing matter.

ESPN medical doctors reported on sports center tonight that steriods use would have nothing to do with Arod's current medical condition.

I think your comments lack class.

Regards, TonyBaloney, the guy's a bum and a liar and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

kellsox
03-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Not very scientific, but can you say Karma? He took PED's for at least 3 years to enhance his game- he will have no sympathy from most fans if he's out 10 days/10 weeks or 10 months.
k

trsent
03-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Does the obsession of drug use by people other than our family start to ever annoy anyone but me?

Get over it everyone, there is so much more going on in the world than what Alex Rodriguez did to his body a few years ago.

cjclong
03-06-2009, 08:48 AM
The latest report today is that ARod may be able to play this season without the surgery.

Yankwood
03-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Does the obsession of drug use by people other than our family start to ever annoy anyone but me?

Get over it everyone, there is so much more going on in the world than what Alex Rodriguez did to his body a few years ago.Of course, apathy is always the best attitude. Why does anything matter?

eisenreich8
03-06-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm not even going to touch on 'roids or lying or cysts or any of that.

What should be realized is that if the current diagnosis is correct, and Arod does have a torn labrum in his hip, well, that is precisely what Mike Lowell is STILL recovering from due to his off-season surgery. Lowell MAY be ready for Opening Day, but how ready?

Don't know the severity of Arod's injury vs. Lowell's, but ya don't want to preclude the possibility of surgery for him either. Does "torn" heal on its own, with rest and therapy, or does it need to be sutured or whatever?