PDA

View Full Version : Photos of Willie McGee game used jerseys?

MikeM
03-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Anyone have any Willie McGee game used jerseys photos to share?
I only have an Oakland Willie McGee gamer from 1990.

He's my all time favorite player and I'd love to see if anyone has some McGee jerseys in their collection. Thanks.

KittyJoseph
03-04-2009, 01:40 AM
i have but don't want to share with anyone.. sorry:)

MikeM
03-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Thanks for taking the time to post that. :rolleyes:

Birdbats
03-04-2009, 11:00 AM
1985 Pregame jersey

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/Jerseys/McGeefront.jpghttp://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/Jerseys/McGeeback.jpg

MikeM
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Very cool, thanks Jeff!

MikeM
03-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Here are some pics of the 1990 Oakland A's Willie McGee gamer I have.
Lots of game use there. :)

I'd love to see other McGee jersey examples if anyone has them.
Cheers.

yankees159
03-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi Mike:

I have a 84 home cardinals. I'd be willing to trade it, if interested email tjwinnie@aol.com

All the best,

TJ

joelsabi
03-04-2009, 09:09 PM

i don't have but want to share this with kitty. cheers :rolleyes:

ndevlin
03-04-2009, 09:25 PM

What a waste of a post.

G1X
03-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Here is my Willie McGee collection. My favorites are the Giants "Turn Back the Clock" jersey worn at Philadelphia in 1992, the 1994 road Giants with the MLB 125th patch and Chub Feeney memorial patch, the 1996 Cardinals home jersey with the Busch Stadium 30th Anniversary patch, and the 1990 World Series bat.

I included several tagging photos - Cardinals jersey and pants from 1996, and Cards 1997 red BP top. Also note the elaborate embroidered strip tag in the tail of the TBTC jersey. If you are wondering about the royal blue BP helmet, it was worn on July 4, 1997.

None of these items are for sale or trade, so please do not ask.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons and WFL jerseys

Billyu40
03-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Very Nice collection Mark very imressive. I guess Ill check a game used Willie Mcgee jersey off my want list. :)

G1X
03-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks, Billy.

One correction - I should have said royal blue batting helmet, not BP helmet. My apologies for the confusion.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

bigtruck260
03-05-2009, 01:08 PM
I know - not a jersey, but apparently Mark has them all!
Here's a 1996 Rawlings Gamer:

MikeM
03-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Here is my Willie McGee collection. My favorites are the Giants "Turn Back the Clock" jersey worn at Philadelphia in 1992, the 1994 road Giants with the MLB 125th patch and Chub Feeney memorial patch, the 1996 Cardinals home jersey with the Busch Stadium 30th Anniversary patch, and the 1990 World Series bat.

I included several tagging photos - Cardinals jersey and pants from 1996, and Cards 1997 red BP top. Also note the elaborate embroidered strip tag in the tail of the TBTC jersey. If you are wondering about the royal blue BP helmet, it was worn on July 4, 1997.

None of these items are for sale or trade, so please do not ask.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Gentlemen, I believe we have found what I like to call "the mother load" :D

WOW, completely impressive collection you have there, Mark!
Amazing pics!

I seem to remember a similar 1992 McGee Turn Back the Clock jersey from eBay about a year or so back.

With a name like "McGee", it's interesting to see how it's written differently from year to year. Sometimes with a full sized "C", some small "c" flush bottom, sometimes small "c" flush top, with a space after, without, etc.

That's a killer collection and I really want to thank you for posting.
Incredible!

dcgreg25
03-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Mark, great looking McGee collection!!!! How long did it take you to track down all of those jerseys?

G1X
03-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Thanks Greg and Mike. I started the collection about 15 years ago. McGee and Darren Lewis are two of my all-time favorite baseball players, and when both ended up in the early 1990s playing for my favorite team (Giants), I started collecting their items. With the help of the late-Dick Dobbins (I can never say enough good things about the man) who obtained the Giants equipment at the end of each season back in those days, I was able to slowly accumulate items of both players.

The frustrating part is that I haven't been able to obtain anything from McGee's first stint with the Cardinals other than a few bats, and I have missed out on some nice items over the years by trying to be too cheap. Needless to say, Darren Lewis items are much easier to find and more affordable to collect.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

harpt
03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
I don't have any pics of Willie McGee jerseys, but I do have this great shot of my friend Drew with Willie McGee's twin sister.

bigtruck260
03-06-2009, 01:20 PM
I'd like to see that E.T. throw a 300 foot strike to home - or better yet, hit a triple off of a bounce.

Willie is the only person I have ever seen get a staning ovation in STL for striking out. If you non-St. Louisans only knew Willie's place in Cards history...

I am serious about this one (ask Jeff) - Willie's only rivals in popularity are Albert and Stan - and honestly, he might even be more popular than those two. When he comes back to Busch, he always gets the loudest and longest ovation. In his second stint with STL, every time he came to bat, the bathrooms and food lines emptied - and it was like the playoffs for a few minutes.

I think it was the humility and the effort. Not to mention, he was funny looking (thus the ET moniker) but funny looking in a human caricature sort of way. There will only be one Willie McGee....

harpt
03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah but he beat the Brewers in the World Series as a rookie in '82!!

I am just kidding...I totally see the appeal. Great guy...great player.

5kRunner
03-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Plus he has to be the only player who won a Batting Title while then playing in the other league.

I always thought that was an interesting fact.