PDA

View Full Version : Need Experts Help On Farnsworth Hat

jobathenut
03-03-2009, 05:58 AM
hi There-theres A Game Used Hat Of Kyle Farnsworth On Ebay Right Now,and Would Like To Know What The Experts Of Game Used Items Think Of It,im Very New To This Hobby And Dont Know What To Look For Etc.......i Know, "Wheres The Link To It?",im VERY COMPUTER STUBID And Dont Know How To Do That...i Can Give You The Number-#370118134248....im Currently Trying To Sell Off My Collection But I Saw This And I Always Wanted Something game Used Of His And Might Have To Get It,but I Wanted To See What You Guys Think Of It....thanks:)

thrush29
03-03-2009, 04:23 PM
For what its worth,

That hats been up for auction for several weeks now, so if there are any Farnsworth collectors out there, they are steering clear of it or feel the price is too high. Also I emailed the seller when it first popped up and asked if there were any numbers or writting on the bill or anywhere else on the hat and to the best of my recollection there wern't any.

I'm definately not a hat expert and am not stating that the hat is not a G'U'd Farnsworth. Maybe some other Farnsworth or Yankee collectors will chime in, I would definately at least find out if its the correct hat size for Farnsworth. It would also help to find out what his past habits have been as far as how he bends the bill or if he writes anything inside, etc...

Good Luck

markize
03-03-2009, 06:27 PM
hi There-theres A Game Used Hat Of Kyle Farnsworth On Ebay Right Now,and Would Like To Know What The Experts Of Game Used Items Think Of It,im Very New To This Hobby And Dont Know What To Look For Etc.......i Know, "Wheres The Link To It?",im VERY COMPUTER STUBID And Dont Know How To Do That...i Can Give You The Number-#370118134248....im Currently Trying To Sell Off My Collection But I Saw This And I Always Wanted Something game Used Of His And Might Have To Get It,but I Wanted To See What You Guys Think Of It....thanks:)

joba,

you should check Rob Steinmetz's website (authenticgamers.com). he has a farnsworth hat that is signed, and inscribed. here is a link:

http://www.authenticgamers.com/cubs.caps.html

mark

mbrieve
03-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm not an expert on Farnsworth, but the photo of the hat looks like a stock photo of a hat that is not even a New Era on the field authentic hat. This just seems weird to me and I would stay far away.

TFig27
03-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I collect Farns and have some hats and a helmet.

I saw this auction a while back and asked for actual pics of the hat. Received a reply that they would send, but nothing sent.

Actually the size he has listed is correct for Farns which had me interested.

But, I do not personally trust this seller and hats are really easy to fake.

jobathenut
03-04-2009, 02:19 AM
thanks to all of you who have replied to my thread....i was thinking the same thing that it looks like a stock photo of the hat......and i was going to email the seller and ask about more photos of it....cause the one thing i have learned about buying game used items,ask alot of questions/do your homework.....when i bought my luke walton shoes,i told the guy i was sorry about all the questions and he told me,"thats what youre suppose to do,make sure"......"if someone is selling something authentic they will have no problem anserwing questions and sending pictures".....i just have a gut feeling about this,and thought i would see if i was right to question this.ive always wanted something game used of his as a yankee and have never seen anything other than stiener had a warm up jacket and i wanted something like a jersey but not to pay alot for it....oh,well,i cant afford it anyway.....thanks you guys!!!!!:)

jobathenut
03-04-2009, 02:24 AM
thanks markize-i wanted something of his as a yankee but the price on the hat is in my ballpark and sounds like a cool inscription,i'll have to email them and see if they can send me pictures of it,as the hats they show are not even signed....have you delt with them????-thanks:)
joba,

you should check Rob Steinmetz's website (authenticgamers.com). he has a farnsworth hat that is signed, and inscribed. here is a link:

http://www.authenticgamers.com/cubs.caps.html

mark

jobathenut
03-04-2009, 02:28 AM
hi there mbrieve-my thoughts exactly....that is what made me ask this on this thread.....thanks for the advice,i think i will take it:)
I'm not an expert on Farnsworth, but the photo of the hat looks like a stock photo of a hat that is not even a New Era on the field authentic hat. This just seems weird to me and I would stay far away.

markize
03-04-2009, 08:15 AM
thanks markize-i wanted something of his as a yankee but the price on the hat is in my ballpark and sounds like a cool inscription,i'll have to email them and see if they can send me pictures of it,as the hats they show are not even signed....have you delt with them????-thanks:)

Joba,

As a Yankee fan, I can identify with wanting those items first. As far as Authenticgamers is concerned, I have dealt with Rob on many occasions. He is OUTSTANDING from a customer service standpoint, plus he has, or can track down most anything. I can give you his email address if you want it. Just email me at: sirfuzzy@comcast.net. Otherwise, I believe he has a contact link on his site.

Mark

jobathenut
03-05-2009, 03:39 AM
thanks mark/markize-i love hearing from other yankees fans.....yeah,ive always wanted something game used from my favorite team the evil empire and couldnt afford and for sure cant now afford stiener prices,i do have a butch wynegar game used when he played for them(as he is my favorite player,even though not too many people know who im talking about when i mention him),but i always wanted something of a current player or almost current player.......anyway,i did email rob from gamers and got a response fast by him...unfortunately,he didnt seem interested in making a trade for the hat,as i would have rather done that...as he said he had no interest in my few game used items.........oh well, as im selling off my collection or trying to,(finding it tough without doing it on garagesalebay/greedbay-aka-ebay)it doesnt make much sense to add to it.........well thanks for the advice and go yankees!!!!!!:)
Joba,

As a Yankee fan, I can identify with wanting those items first. As far as Authenticgamers is concerned, I have dealt with Rob on many occasions. He is OUTSTANDING from a customer service standpoint, plus he has, or can track down most anything. I can give you his email address if you want it. Just email me at: sirfuzzy@comcast.net. Otherwise, I believe he has a contact link on his site.

Mark