PDA

View Full Version : Kazuhiro Sasaki Autographed 2001 All-Star Baseball

MarinersFan34
03-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Kazuhiro Sasaki 2001 All Star Autographed Baseball

Here are the pictures of the ball from the currently running auction as well as a direct Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330307274064)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/2a68_1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/29d0_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/2a1c_1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/298f_1.jpg

This auction here states that the ball, shown in the pictures above was not only signed by Kazuhiro Sasaki but also game used. The inscription on the side panels of the ball suggests this is game used and a 1/1 baseball. This is simply not the case and is the crude practice of someone altering the ball in order to try and fetch more money from said item.

Here are some pictures of an auction that was ended at the beginning of February as well as the direct Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170298532916)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/aaed_1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/abbe_1.jpg

Below you can see my comparison markings of the ball in the photos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/Comparison1.jpg

There is a mark on the side panel above the signature.
There is a mark/defect on the ball right above the “K” in the autograph.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/Comparison2.jpg

The “R” in Rawlings is blemished a bit and can also be seen in the photo with the “G.U. 2001” inscription.
Very light blemish on the ball under the 2 in 2001
The letter “A” in Official is blemished
The Star along with the bottom of the “G” and top left of “M” are blemished.

The 2 Photos of the autograph for comparison
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/2a68_1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/aaed_1.jpg

This next photo is an overlay of one photo on the other. I set the transparency of the new auction photo at 50% so you can see both images. The size of the original auction photo was also reduced to roughly the same scale.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Sasaki/overlay1.jpg

While it’s not right on because of the different angles at which the photos were taken, most of the auto matches up perfectly.

I am not in any way disputing the Kazuhiro signature, as I believe it is real and clearly PSA/DNA agrees. I have never used PSA/DNA so I’m not aware of whether they authenticate the signature only or consider them as one and authenticate the signature/inscription. Clearly 2 different pens were used on this ball which should have been a red flag with them.

I have contacted the current seller of the baseball who is also a forum member here (Josh099). My question to Josh on weds. Feb 25th was simply.

“Can you give me any history on the ball, when it was signed, when/where, etc? Or any provenance aside from the psa/dna which hasn't come back yet. Thanks”

Below is his response that was received on Feb. 26th.

“This ball was used for warm up tosses/pitches before the ninth inning of the actual game. It was tossed in the stands and I was able to get Kaz to sign it (at the All Star Game). It's a very rare piece. A true 1/1, game used auto.”

Now that is quite interesting to say the least. This ball, which in my opinion is the exact same ball from the auction that was ended early sans inscriptions, was actually obtained from Kaz himself during the actual game?

I contacted the first seller of the ball and even gave them a link to the new auction. That seller stated right away, that’s the same ball I had. I asked about the inscriptions and they said that there were NO other pen markings on the ball other than the autograph. They would not disclose the name of the buyer but did say that they sold the ball to a person in Renton, WA. And they know it’s the same ball and person selling it now.

josh099
03-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I am going to clear this up for everyone. This ball is a game used ball from the 2001 All Star game. I have done a lot of business with a local seller who has asked me not to use his name in any resale business I do b/c of the prices I get compared to those of his retail customers. In my response to the question asked of me via ebay - I respected that request by saying "I got the autograph" and used the description I was given for the ball. Originally, I bought the auto to keep in my collection. I have been chasing this ball for 7 plus years; since its original sale. I missed my opportunity to purchase the ball back in 2001 and have kicked myself ever since. I'm unsure if the ball was sold since its original purchase - which I'm actually pretty sure it had been due to the price I got the ball for, but I know it's the exact ball I have been looking for. I kept a photo of the ball, waiting for the very opportunity that I received back in Jan/Feb this year. I was able to purchase this piece from a local seller. I NEVER said that this ball was inscribed by Kaz himself. I wrote that Kaz inscribed the ball #22 - which he has. This has been certified through PSA/DNA as an inscribed baseball. I made sure that the separate inscriptions were done in bold pen so it looked nothing like the original signature. I did it for the sake of noting the significance - not to mislead anyone! I have a VERY good reputation on ebay and off. I AM SORRY TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE THAT FEELS MISLEAD BY THIS ITEM. I have changed the verbage on the auction so it's VERY clear what you're looking at and/or purchasing. If it can ever be proven in writing from any of the major authenticators that this piece is not, in fact - a game used ball from the 2001 All Star game - I will/would refund the full purchase price immediately. I don't feel I was in the wrong when I posted the auction. I can now understand why this was taken the way that it was and again, I am very sorry. I thought I was very clear, but obviously wasn't.

gnishiyama
03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I think you noting that you wrote the GU inscription in your own hand
will help clear things up. Good to see you made the necessary changes
to avoid any confusion and potential problems.

jppopma
03-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Josh, I am not going to get into anything about the ball itself, but the burden of proof is on the seller. I don't understand where you say that the seller would need written proof to show that it is not game used. If you get some more concrete proof of game use, it may help you out.

josh099
03-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I don't know where you can get that w/o having an MLB hologram on the ball. Any advise would help. Anyone can print up a certificate saying a ball is this or that, but as far as game used goes - there are only a couple avenues you can go for certification and none of them are for baseballs - as far as I know. I'm just saying that I would honor my word of a 100% money back guarantee at any time if proof was ever presented to me after the sale of the baseball. That's how I wanted that read. Thanks for your input.

tym
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Josh,
That’s a great point so how can you say its game used when you didn’t get the ball at the game but seven years later and it has no MLBA authentication. That sure hasn’t stopped you from asking $750.00 for it which I assume is your perceived value add for a game used ball in that game.

Would love to see this image you have had on your computer for the last 7+ years that leads you to believe it’s the same ball.

Shame on anyone that alters a collectible for their benefit after the fact…especially 7 years after the fact! The story gets lost.
Ty

Capital-Sports
03-05-2009, 10:59 PM
I have to agree with Ty on this one, if you have been chasing this ball down for 7 years, and the auction which you obtained it had no mention of it being game used, how can you apply your markings on it as being such?

MarinersFan34
03-05-2009, 11:47 PM
How does your business with a local seller have anything to do with this auction? Is that you trying to give a hobby reference that you deal 100% legit items?

I guess I'm one of the few here that are not so naive to think that you just happily decided to add some notations to a ball for the greater sake of the hobby. I might understand this if you were say 10 years old and just got the ball and wanted to make note on it, kids do things like that. You've been in this hobby long enough to know that collectors do NOT like other collecters custom alterations. Esp. those alterations that are NOT disclosed until AFTER you are questioned about it. You made changes to the auction listing before this thread was made to include the PSA info, which was later removed. Not to my surprise, right after this thread was posted you made another edit and only then did you state, oh I added that stuff to it on the sides.

Collectors everywhere who do their homework on items and have some common sense would want full disclosure on an item. Need further proof, look at the thread that was talking about folks who wear their game issued/worn jerseys around town. People were very adamant about full disclosure if the item is ever sold. Are you seriously trying to tell me, that a hobby veteran such as yourself would assume other buyers of this ball wouldn't care to know you altered the ball but care if you wore a jersey around the house?

Another thing, can you please show me one legit authenticator that authenticates baseballs as game used or not, not the autos or inscriptions but will certify a ball as game used or not? I can't think of one as it's too difficult and really not worth anyones time, so your money back guarentee.. garbage, imo. Also, I understand when folks will try to give the history on an item as it's passed along, but even if you were told it was used in the game, how can you yourself know for sure? It certainly doesn't look used much if at all, maybe from handling it while waiting for an auto. Then again, I don't have it in hand to examine, but from the photos it appears to be in very nice shape and color for a game used ball, aside from the obvious blemishes.

You also said YOU got Kaz to sign it at the game.. really?

So the signed jerseys I have, it's ok to say I had them signed myself even if I bought them with the signature on them already? I'm just assuming the main role in the history of the jersey right?

You ruined a very nice baseball because you possibly thought you could make even more by adding your own inscriptions. I would have paid good money for it.. before you altered it and then lied about it. You hid the true facts until it was brought to an open forum. Now you claim it was for the better of the hobby, because now it's properly labeled. You've had issues with questionable memorabilia in the past and now this ball comes up, the paper trail is growing.

If you want to dispute the auction changes, I can and will provide screen shots of the changes for anyone interested.

KittyJoseph
03-06-2009, 07:24 AM
thank you for this information, this will help me to select or to find baseballs, but i also have found one information for online baseball tickets, if any one wants to purchase online tickets then they can contact here.

Lokee
03-07-2009, 12:40 PM
If I recall was it not this guy who was selling a bogus Ichiro jersey ? Trying to pass it off as a gamer ? If I am wrong please ignore this but iam almost certain it was this guy. (josh)

Lokee
03-07-2009, 12:43 PM
DUDE YOU NEVER QUIT !!!

Josh just listed a Ichiro Jersey Signed and put AUTO PSA/DNA in the auction title.

THEN he says it is guarenteed to pass PSA/DNA ????

WTF ?

brianborsch
03-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Josh sold me a legitimate Ichiro game issued bat. Just wanted to add a positive experience here.

BB

bigtruck260
03-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Adding the 1/1 is criminal. You purposely put a misleading inscription on the ball for re-sale. I have NEVER heard of a collector numbering his items 1/1 or any number for that matter.

There is no excuse for it.

tym
03-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Adding the 1/1 is criminal. You purposely put a misleading inscription on the ball for re-sale. I have NEVER heard of a collector numbering his items 1/1 or any number for that matter.

There is no excuse for it.

I agree along with dumping bad autographs into a charity auctions.

Josh is also using my site as a reference for his eBay auctions and I do not endorse these items he is selling and have asked him to remove the reference. I do not want the good name of CFF or my deceased brother associated with him......

For those that have bought from him in the past you need to look very closely at your items, everything from basic form to use patterns and if its good, lucky you.

Regards,
Ty

josh099
03-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Ty,

You are nothing but a piece of garbage. I gave CFF countless items to use in their auctions. COUNTLESS! You are upset about one bad ball. Had I known it was bad - I wouldn't have purchased it, nor sent it in. Don't EVEN try to turn that on my reputation. I have an amazing reputation - outside of one fraudulant buyer who decided to ruin my perfect feedback. I gave to CFF and asked for nothing in return. It's you people should be watching out for! It's you that gets deals on items to use for CFF and turns them over for self profit. You are filth! You know nothing about me, yet talk trash about me non-stop. YOU are not CFF. I reference CFF in two of my auctions - not TY. Get off my back. You are a nobody! Give it up!

josh099
03-12-2009, 06:21 PM
To EVERYONE on here that keeps talking about the Kaz ball - if you don't like it - don't look at it. I know what's behind this ball. You don't. You use this thread to talk trash. There are VERY FEW true people on here using this site for what it's suppost to be used for. I OFFER A 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE TO ANYONE WHO PURCHASES ANYTHING FROM ME THAT COMES BACK AS NOT GENUINE. You can't get a better guarantee than that. Just wait until I start posting everything else I have. It can/will have Ichiro's custom hologram and someone on here (ie. Ty) will talk trash about it. This will be my last visit to this site. It's rediculous to think that retailers don't personally number their items. For those of you who say that that is not true - it shows just how much you know about the hobby. It's not my fault that the person I bought this ball from didn't know what he had. It's not my place to tell him. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT I MARKED THE BALL - DON'T BID ON IT!

bigtruck260
03-13-2009, 12:13 PM
It's rediculous to think that retailers don't personally number their items. For those of you who say that that is not true - it shows just how much you know about the hobby. It's not my fault that the person I bought this ball from didn't know what he had. It's not my place to tell him. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT I MARKED THE BALL - DON'T BID ON IT!

This statement alone clears everything up for me. Man, sorry that this whole thing was started, you are obviously a class act.

tym
03-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Nice post Josh….I am going to post this response not to justify my actions or who I am but confirm who and what you are!

Let me address each of your points one by one:

Josh said - You are nothing but a piece of garbage. I gave CFF countless items to use in their auctions. COUNTLESS! You are upset about one bad ball. Had I known it was bad - I wouldn't have purchased it, nor sent it in.

Ty’s Response - No, not true. You also started using me as your references to other collectors via email as my "buddy" that you were looking to sell Mariner items to. That’s when I identified you as the source to the bad items in the auctions. Those collectors are also part of this community. My first response was directly to you, I emailed and informed you I am in Kirkland, gave you my phone number to either help you as you were either a victim or deal with you as a source of known bad items. You choose to hide behind your computer, flame mails and lies.

Josh said - Don't EVEN try to turn that on my reputation. I have an amazing reputation - outside of one fraudulent buyer who decided to ruin my perfect feedback. I gave to CFF and asked for nothing in return.

Ty’s Response -No not true, you used CFF and Children’s Hospital brands to promote your products on EBay. CFF never gave you permission to use their name in your auctions and I have confirmed CFF never received any funds. It was also in violation of EBay policy which requires a letter of permission from the charity or NPO on their letter head saying you are truly doing what you claim and you are required to post that letter in the auction.

Josh said - It's you people should be watching out for! It's you that gets deals on items to use for CFF and turns them over for self profit. You are filth! You know nothing about me, yet talk trash about me non-stop.

Ty’s Response –No, not true again, I sit on the board of many NPO’s and donate everything from cash, sports collectibles and software to help them move forward. In 1999 I took a year off from my day job and automated CFF by getting the software and consulting resources they needed to computerize and have email communications between offices and corporate. (Ps- Thanks Microsoft for your help here). I know this Kaz ball proves you are not a victim of bad purchases, but a manufacturer of fraudulent items and I hope the FBI is truly watching this board.

I very rarely buy items that are sports related at these auctions, and if I do they are almost always personalized to me by the player. View my site and you will see some fine examples. On another note I very clearly will tell someone when I sell a item out of my collection if it’s to benefit CFF or I am just moving a piece of mine to enhance my collection.

Josh said - YOU are not CFF. I reference CFF in two of my auctions - not TY. Get off my back. You are a nobody! Give it up!

Ty’s Response -Yes and no…..partially correct. I am not CFF, (CFF=Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I am CF its in my genes, I am FRIENDS OF CFF “FOCFF” and founded this efffort to combat CF)- It killed my brother and many other family members as it is genetic. My son has the gene, but it is not killing him thank god. I don’t know about my grandkids, don’t have any yet and that is what I am fighting for, them and all the other kids that die every year from CF. Does everyone realize 1 in 30 Americans have this gene? There is a test if you didn’t know. Get it done before you have kids if you have a history of child heart and lung failure (pneumonia and chronic bronchitis). In summary - I am not CFF, I am CF, its in my genes and not by choice!

You did reference “Friends OF CFF” in your jersey auctions, that’s my site, I asked you in email first to remove those references. CFF and the M’s have a 23 year old relationship and the only M’s Golf tournament. I am the only site on the web that ties CFF and the Mariners together that you could have referenced…. it takes 2 seconds to look at my site and find me. You also noted in your EBay Auction that if someone bought those jerseys and they could prove they are not what you claim you would refund their money. I will post the email you sent me yesterday were you stated you didn’t know anyone but Lou L. that could provide that but you knew it would not be worth the paper printed on…..and your so called apology….

All this typing, to the other members of GUU that suffered through this post I hope you have more insight to what is transpiring here.

To GUU Admins and Mods, I would request that you leave the Kaz Ball discussion unchanged, with no deletions or send me a email confirming it is at least achieved.

Part of me is happy that you say you are done with posting on GUU, I know that you may not post but feel unhappy that you will continue your ways and your items will continue to make the forum.

Just know there are more people than I watching you and capturing data….and lawyers are getting the output. Have a great weekend.
Regards,
Ty Moore

tym
03-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Josh,
How can you send me an email asking me for a source to authenticate your 2 Ichiro”game” jerseys when you know there is no credible source? You state that below in the email, which means if someone gives you the thousands of dollars for the jerseys you are asking….you won’t refund it.

To: tymoore122@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: please remove refrences of my site from your ebay sales....
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:55:08 -0700

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}It's obsurd that you try attacking me the way you do. Had you respectfully asked me to remove the refrences from my ebay auctions, I would have. I wish there was another place that had a 2001 jersey up so I could use that instead. If you happen to know where you can get came issued jerseys certified - I'd love to get papers for these two jerseys. I don't dare go to Lou Lampson b/c it's obvious that the guy is a fraud. That 2004 jersey was purchased from a major auction house (Historic Auctions) right before I posted it on Ebay. I never meant to hurt anyone and I'm really sorry that "our relationship" cannot be better than it is. I never meant to send you a bad item (or items as you've mentioned in the past). I would NEVER do that. I have only tried to help CFF. I wish that you would understand that. I will not use game used universe ever again. I can assure you that everything I've said on there is truthful. This will be the last time I contact you as well. I just wanted to say sorry for wronging you in any way. Again, I never meant to do wrong to anyone.

To: buybye05@hotmail.com
Subject: please remove refrences of my site from your ebay sales....
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 16:54:02 -0700

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}I do not want the good name of CFF or my dead brother associated with you.
Ty Moore

TriplexXxSports
03-14-2009, 07:57 AM
wow!

tym
03-14-2009, 11:02 PM
wow!

WOW, is right.....

Lokee
03-15-2009, 12:40 PM
plus read his newest negative.

Who would send a blank ball to someone.

I would not trust this seller just based on the comments here and on his ebay page.:rolleyes:

tym
03-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Bump for those who missed it.
Regards,
Ty

bigtruck260
03-20-2009, 11:21 PM
The guy who left him the negative about the blank ball is probably the biggest Pujols collector in the state of Missouri. I have personally sold him at least 3 Pujols sigs in the last year...

That being said, he's spent thousands upon thousands of dollars only to LIE about getting a blank baseball? RIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHT.

I'm gonna believe the buyer on this one.