PDA

View Full Version : What's a Joe D auto'd ball going for these days?

Vintagedeputy
02-27-2009, 08:12 PM
I got an email from my old high school about a charity auction....got a chuckle out of the $500 starting bid for a Joe D. auto'd ball...I remember sitting with Joe in the 80's in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ while he signed more balls than I could count. Is an auto'd ball $500 these days?

Take me out to the ball game

The _______of _______ Auction is back with another great online Auction Item.

It’s Springtime! Think Baseball, Think one of baseball's all time greatest players,

That’s Right! Joe Di Maggio.

We are so excited to offer an Autographed, Joe DiMaggio baseball, signed in the presence of our own ____________________________.

This carefully preserved baseball was signed on July 11, 1997 in Lakewood, NJ at a Baseball Card and Memorabilia Collectible Show. It comes with a

Letter of Authenticity and a Photograph of Joe DiMaggio signing it.

*Bidding will begin on Monday, March 2nd at 9am and will conclude on Friday, March 6th at 3 pm. Bidding is open to all members __________, past and present. The highest bid that comes into mailbox _____________ at 3pm Friday, March 6th will be the
“LUCKY WINNER” of this fabulous collectible item.

*Bidding will start at $500. Bidding will increase in increments of $50. Highest bids each day will be posted on the ____ home page.

This rare baseball is worth so much more. Don't you owe it to yourselves to own a piece of Baseball History? Isn't there someone in your life who would just be thrilled to receive such a priceless gift? Mother's Day, Father's Day and Graduations are just right around the corner. How about that special birthday present you have been looking for?

The baseball will be shipped free of charge and totally insured if the recipient is located outside of the _________ area. All proceeds from the sale will benefit the boys of _____________________________________

Do not miss out on the bidding. Remember, "It’s one, two, three strikes you're out at the ole' ballgame!"

ironmanfan
02-27-2009, 11:26 PM
This appears to be charitable auction where items usually tend to go for more than they are "worth." The SMR for a Joe D ball is $375

skyking26
02-27-2009, 11:50 PM
I paid $350 for mine in the mid 90's.

metsbats
02-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I remember in the mid 90's when Joe D did National pastime shows he started limiting the baseballs he signed. It was some outragous low number like 40 baseballs per show and you have to buy a flat ticket to get the ball ticket.

metsbats
02-28-2009, 11:17 AM
This thread got me looking at my baseball collection. So I found my 500 home run ball and just thinking I'm so glad I never got Arod, Bonds, McGwire, Palmiero, or Sosa to sign it. The only new members I'd consider have added to it would be Murray, Thome, Ramirez, Thomas, or Griffey Jr.

trsent
02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
This thread got me looking at my baseball collection. So I found my 500 home run ball and just thinking I'm so glad I never got Arod, Bonds, McGwire, Palmiero, or Sosa to sign it. The only new members I'd consider have added to it would be Murray, Thome, Ramirez, Thomas, or Griffey Jr.

I am so confused, are Alex Rodriguez, Mark McGwire, Ralphiero Palmiero and Sammy Sosa not members of the 500 Home Run Club?

While we are on the subject, how can we be sure the other players in the club didn't take drugs to make their bodies larger? Some of those names went from scarecrows to giants in their career?

I am just so confused by the MLB - Congress Witch Hunt where people get caught are treated like criminals but many, many criminals are walking the streets and they never will get caught.

metsbats
02-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I am so confused, are Alex Rodriguez, Mark McGwire, Ralphiero Palmiero and Sammy Sosa not members of the 500 Home Run Club?

While we are on the subject, how can we be sure the other players in the club didn't take drugs to make their bodies larger? Some of those names went from scarecrows to giants in their career?

I am just so confused by the MLB - Congress Witch Hunt where people get caught are treated like criminals but many, many criminals are walking the streets and they never will get caught.

Joel,

They are all certainly members of the 500 home run club. It would be my preference not to put those signatures on my original 500 home run ball (with the 11 original members) because of all the suspicion surrounding some the modern day players and the admission by Arod. In fact I would go so far to only add Murray if I got the chance as like you say the jury may be still out on the other players (only 1 name of the 103 has been singled out and unfairly I may add)

Just my preference.