PDA

View Full Version : David Wright Game Used Value!!!

suave1477
04-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I am putting this out there bcuz there was a thread recently discussing David Wright and the value of his items.

Some members here were not familiar with who he is and didn't think he was worth anything for his Game Used items!!!!

So I put this here this is an Ebay Auction that just ended Game Used item of his.
This might give those an idea of how his items do you have premum value to collectors.

Take a look
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8795462311&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

worldchamps
04-19-2006, 03:11 PM
I am going to respond since I was one of the people questioning the value. Which I still question. I know exactly who he is, and I do think he could become a nice ballplayer, the point I was making is you could pay the same kind of $ and get an established player. Like anything else, people always over pay for young talent. If he ends up being the next Jeter or Pujols, you got an unbelivable deal. If he ends up being the next Hank Blalock, you might have over paid.

More importantly, doesn't that helmet seem to have no wear on it??? One with a lot of wear probably would have even gone higher.

suave1477
04-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Worldchamps i wasnt looking to point you out or anything i was just making the furm aware as a whole. I agree with what your saying but i would say David Wright looks like he is going o b one of those players that does make it big. I also agree with what your saying if the helmet showed a lot more wear i definitely think i would have went for higer also remember it was sold on ebay which most not all but mos of the time you dont get the highest market value as you would at an aucion house.

worldchamps
04-19-2006, 03:48 PM
That brings out a really good question.....I was going to post this early. And I open this to all.....what is the best way to get your ultimate top dollar on your item. I was looking at American Memorabilia and i think they charge 15%, but there is a claim about not being resposnible for any charges to help market your item. Not sure if that means if they have their guy authenticate it, you have to pay the cost on that??

Case in example...I have a Travis Hafner bat I want to sell. Do I put a post on here for say $450. Do I put it on ebay, maybe get a little more. Or you put in a auction house and get $600, but then pay $90 in fees.

I am sure every item has a different approach, just wanted to get your feedback or experiences.

suave1477
04-19-2006, 04:02 PM
That is a Great Question? and here is your answer as simple it it is - IT DEPENDS.

The reason I say that is cuz the wind can blow either way with all those selling options.

Auction houses can make you more but you have to find out what has been there specialty is it vintage items, mid era items or recent era items. Then you should find what out what kind of following the auction house has is it vintage collectors or new era collectors.

Then check if the auction house has sold a similar item to yours before and how it did and comapare to other auction houses.

As far as lisiting it here I would definitely do it bcuz you keep the money 100% yourself with out paing a commission and you build good repore with your member brothers here.

As far as Ebay, I woulf first look for items similar to yours and see how they do, the funny part about ebay is the wind really blows either way there bcuz you might have a $200 value item one day will sell for $800 and another day it might sell for 25 cents.
So Ebay is a chance but always bear in mind buyers go to ebay looking for a better deal!!!

trsent
04-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Is your bat cracked, repaired or intact?

R. C. Walker
04-19-2006, 04:27 PM
If you check Ball Park Heroes site, they've had a David Wright helmet and bat at comparable pricing for months. If he’s that hot you would think those items would be gone long ago.

Not saying Wright is or isn't going to be a superstar, but most of us probably believe his items are overpriced. As a comparison, is this Buddy Bell jersey really worth over $800.00?:eek: It was to the buyer . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Buddy-Bell-Texas-Rangers-Game-Used-Jersey-MLB_W0QQitemZ8794436717QQcategoryZ60597QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/Buddy-Bell-Texas-Rangers-Game-Used-Jersey-MLB_W0QQitemZ8794436717QQcategoryZ60597QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

worldchamps
04-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I guess it is obvious that deals can be made on ebay when you end up seeing a lot of the items in Auction Houses.

To me there is something to be said about how easy Ebay is. But I have never gone through an auction house.

Do you or anyone else have one they recommend over the others?

hblakewolf
04-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Although you indicate that American Memorabila will take 15%, please consider the other issues surrounding consigning with them.

I consigned quite a few items with them over the years. I negotiated a 10% consignment rate, and suggest you ask for the same IF you decide to consign with them.

The other issue you must consider is payment. Although Vic at American Memorabila promised me my $$$ in 45 days, I constantly had to follow with several phone calls AFTER the 45 days. Likewise, the consignment rate was incorrectly calculated at 15%, not 10%, creating additional time spent correcting this issue.

Also, make sure that Vic includes your bat in the next available auction. Several times, I sent him items that he agreed would be in the next auction, only to learn once the catalog was printed that he did not include it and randomly decided to hold it for the following auction. That means waiting another 45 days until the next auction, and then another 45-60 days for your $$$$!

Personally, I suggest contacting Mastro or Vintage Authentics if you are considering consigning your bat. Both auction houses are quite professional, bring top $$$ and will send you your check within the agreed upon time.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

That brings out a really good question.....I was going to post this early. And I open this to all.....what is the best way to get your ultimate top dollar on your item. I was looking at American Memorabilia and i think they charge 15%, but there is a claim about not being resposnible for any charges to help market your item. Not sure if that means if they have their guy authenticate it, you have to pay the cost on that??

Case in example...I have a Travis Hafner bat I want to sell. Do I put a post on here for say $450. Do I put it on ebay, maybe get a little more. Or you put in a auction house and get $600, but then pay $90 in fees.

I am sure every item has a different approach, just wanted to get your feedback or experiences.

trsent
04-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Just a current FYI - I received my check earlier this week for the last AMI auction. It arrived around 15 days prior to the 45 day deadline. My last check from the auction before that was around the same turn around time.

Maybe they are working on being more prompt? I sure appreciated the prices they realized for my merchandise.