PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here or does anyone know the Ebay seller megmuffins?

jrd
02-26-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm interested in seeing a few of the bats he/she has for sale.

thanks

nationals2k9
02-26-2009, 10:40 AM
I've never been a fan personally. If I recall (no Ebay at work) the photos are all outdoors on concrete and the bats are oftentimes Diablos and "direct from an MLB source." I apologize if I'm wrong, but seems like one of those too good to be true situations. Just my opinion having initially been interested in a few bats myself.

nationals2k9
02-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Others don't seem to think so...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=107385

I'm just personally slow to trust a seller, esp on Ebay, that continually has something I'm interested in... b/c I'm not interested in much all things considered.

xpress34
02-26-2009, 11:23 AM
I bought some Holliday GU Batting Gloves from her awhile back... she was quick to ship...

godwulf
02-26-2009, 02:49 PM
I've actually been to his house. :D

The Seller is a guy, though I think he told me he uses his girlfriend's or wife's (not implying he has one of each, I just don't remember which) eBay ID. He's the guy I bought my rose-colored '07 Randy Johnson bat from, along with Upton, Brynes and Webb gamers.

He didn't volunteer his status or job, or where he got the bats, exactly, but talking with him I got the impression that he had some inside track with the team - I'm guessing, but possibly friend of a bat boy?

Anyway, yeah, the Seller is real, and probably has the stuff, I would say.

PwKw13
02-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Fast and reliable shipper. Megmuffins has a very close connection to Diablo (still trying to figure out how close) and claims to get bats that have been returned by players for tweaks on their next order. I think many of the bats were used in Spring Training.

nationals2k9
02-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Fast and reliable shipper. Megmuffins has a very close connection to Diablo (still trying to figure out how close) and claims to get bats that have been returned by players for tweaks on their next order. I think many of the bats were used in Spring Training.

That sounds about right. I guess my only message more refined would say there are a lot of Diablos from guys that normally don't swing a Diablo during the regular season.

GarkoCollector
02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
I bought a few from him as well. Sent fast and reasonably priced.

PwKw13
02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
He didn't volunteer his status or job, or where he got the bats, exactly, but talking with him I got the impression that he had some inside track with the team - I'm guessing, but possibly friend of a bat boy?

He told me (through e-mail) that he used to be a clubhouse guy in the Arizona Fall League, so he has connections with certain teams.

jrd
02-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the info everyone.

Sadly, he won't ship to me in Canada :(

GarkoCollector
02-27-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the info everyone.

Sadly, he won't ship to me in Canada :(

I'd help ya out. Email me the auction and what you want to pay. I will try to win it, pay for it and have it delivered to me. then I will ship it to you. Easy as that. Just pay extra for my shipping cost to you and we'd be good to go.
Tom

jrd
02-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Hey Tom, thanks.

The auction doesn't close for another few days so I'll see how high it goes. If it's still within' my range I'll let you know.

thanks again.

Josh

mattsr
02-27-2009, 04:00 PM
i have bought many bats from him.. at least 7 and he ships fast. but he has a lot of the same bats for sale multiple times. unless he uses the same pics for new listing. and there have been a few items where i felt like i was in a bidding war against myself. maybe shill bidding but who knows. i am still buying from him.

mcd2498
03-01-2009, 01:12 AM
That sounds about right. I guess my only message more refined would say there are a lot of Diablos from guys that normally don't swing a Diablo during the regular season.

I noticed this myself. I spent a little time doing some homework on it. I was able to track down the email address of diablo's president. He quickly responded ( was very professional and helpful ) and said that they send out "promo" model bats to players. Pretty much like sales samples, send a player a couple of bats to try out. With that being said, the player gets the bats, its just hard to tell when or if he used them. It seems like many of them have the bright white marks on them like the ones you see from BP. Just wanted to toss that out there. Thanks