PDA

View Full Version : Paul Oniell

TOYOTATruck07
02-25-2009, 09:53 PM
I can't remember who, but I know someone was looking for a Paul Oniell game used bat, but I got one found on ebay. Shows some good use, cracked, but caked with tar.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paul-ONeill-2001-cracked-Yankees-Game-Used-Bat-PSA-DNA_W0QQitemZ110356692808QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item110356692808&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Yankwood
02-26-2009, 08:50 AM
May be used but not by O'Neill. O'Neill's bats all have the customary "criss-cross" tape job. This particular bat looks well used but more than likely by someone else.

Vintagedeputy
02-26-2009, 09:12 AM
I kind of chuckled when I saw that bat. I said to myself "nope, not used by O"Neill"

HENMICK44
02-26-2009, 02:36 PM
i know saw that bat for sale before somewhere.How does Steiner authenticate and sell a bat from early in Oneill's career?i agree with the tape job also.

suave1477
02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
i know saw that bat for sale before somewhere.How does Steiner authenticate and sell a bat from early in Oneill's career?i agree with the tape job also.

I don't think this is a Steiner bat if you look at the title of the item it does not say Steiner, it says PSA/DNA

In the pictures it does not show a Steiner hologram on the bat or a Steiner letter

He states also in the description there is no hologram on the barrell

From what it looks like with the part that mentions Steiner he was just copy and pasting from his other listings.

Also so you are aware Steiner does not Authenticate.
They just mark the items as coming from them and what they witness.

If you are referring to the year the bat is claimed to be from, the Yankees for many years have stored there inventory all the way back to the 60's and even earlier.

Steiner just throws there sticker and letter with it.

The only time they will note that an item might be of some difference if it is blaintly obvious.

They do not go through the research, if something seems off, they go on the word that is provided to them by Yankees staff.

JETEFAN
02-26-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't think this is a Steiner bat if you look at the title of the item it does not say Steiner, it says PSA/DNA

In the pictures it does not show a Steiner hologram on the bat or a Steiner letter

He states also in the description there is no hologram on the barrell

From what it looks like with the part that mentions Steiner he was just copy and pasting from his other listings.

Also so you are aware Steiner does not Authenticate.
They just mark the items as coming from them and what they witness.

If you are referring to the year the bat is claimed to be from, the Yankees for many years have stored there inventory all the way back to the 60's and even earlier.

Steiner just throws there sticker and letter with it.

The only time they will note that an item might be of some difference if it is blaintly obvious.

They do not go through the research, if something seems off, they go on the word that is provided to them by Yankees staff.

That's been my beef with Steiner all along, they should do the resaerch and homework, if they put their name on they are the responsible party. Some of the stuff they have miss-labeld over the years has been rediculous!!!

George

suave1477
02-26-2009, 10:29 PM
JUST AS AN FYI TO EVERYONE!!

I spoke to Paul Oneils brother today and he says he highly doubts that is one of Pauls bats, as he has never seen one of Pauls bats with out the criss cross tape.

Just an FYI!!