PDA

View Full Version : OT - Spring Training - CACTUS LEAGUE

xpress34
02-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Hey all -

I just bought my airfare for my Annual Spring Training trip to AZ. (Thank God for an understanding wife who allows this every year...)

Anyway, I will be leaving Denver the evening of Wed Mar 18th - returning the evening of Tues Mar 24th.

My 1st game will be A's @ Rangers on Thurs the 19th in Surprise... really hoping to get my Holliday stuff squared away that day - and possibly my Hamilton book.

Beyond that, I am still plotting out my week.

Anyone else that will be there that week - or that lives in the area - that wants to meet up, drop me a line - xpress34@comcast.net

All the best -

Chris

xpress34
02-23-2009, 01:48 PM
I guess I should add - it doesn't hurt that my family (3 borthers and my Mom) are all in Surprise and Tucson...

My main priorities this Spring are Holliday, Hamilton and Nolan Ryan.

harpt
02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I am taking my son out there during that week as well. We will be catching the Brewers and D-Backs in Tuscon on the 18th (the only game I already have tickets for) and will likely catch some games in Maryvale, etc too. We may more likely just stick around down in Tuscon though since that's where we will be based.

We will be there the 15th through the 20th so there will be a couple of overlap days anyway. Maybe we can catch a hot dog at a game or something.

xpress34
02-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I am taking my son out there during that week as well. We will be catching the Brewers and D-Backs in Tuscon on the 18th (the only game I already have tickets for) and will likely catch some games in Maryvale, etc too. We may more likely just stick around down in Tuscon though since that's where we will be based.

We will be there the 15th through the 20th so there will be a couple of overlap days anyway. Maybe we can catch a hot dog at a game or something.

Scott -

I will probably be coming down to Tucson for the Rangers @ Rockies at Hi Corbett on Friday the 20th then back to Surprise for the Rox @ Rangers at Surprise on Sat the 21st.

I know all of the ins and outs at Hi-Corbett if you guys want to do a full day of Autograph chasing and such. Just drop me an eMail and let me know.

- Chris

harpt
02-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Cool, thanks.

OaklandAsFan
02-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey all -

I just bought my airfare for my Annual Spring Training trip to AZ. (Thank God for an understanding wife who allows this every year...)

Anyway, I will be leaving Denver the evening of Wed Mar 18th - returning the evening of Tues Mar 24th.

My 1st game will be A's @ Rangers on Thurs the 19th in Surprise... really hoping to get my Holliday stuff squared away that day - and possibly my Hamilton book.

Beyond that, I am still plotting out my week.

Anyone else that will be there that week - or that lives in the area - that wants to meet up, drop me a line - xpress34@comcast.net

All the best -

Chris

hey Chris I will be up in Surprise for that game. My advice get there EARLY. the practice fields open up at 10AM for the Rangers and if you want to get Ryan you only shot is out there. He will usually sit in his golf cart and sign one autograph for everyone in line once he is done for the day. Josh Hamilton is a great signed and you should have no problems getting whatever it is you want to get signed. Matt Holliday is another story it has been difficult thus far to get him.

whatupyos
02-23-2009, 11:30 PM
I am going to be out there end of March. Any advice on how to get a picture taken with a player? I want to try and get a picture with Byrnesie. I had a chance when he was at a rehab game last year in San Jose but the idiot that I asked to take my picture, only half a**tried and the picture never took. So I want another shot at a picture with Byrnesie.

xpress34
02-24-2009, 12:33 AM
hey Chris I will be up in Surprise for that game. My advice get there EARLY. the practice fields open up at 10AM for the Rangers and if you want to get Ryan you only shot is out there. He will usually sit in his golf cart and sign one autograph for everyone in line once he is done for the day. Josh Hamilton is a great signed and you should have no problems getting whatever it is you want to get signed. Matt Holliday is another story it has been difficult thus far to get him.

A's -

I've been to Surprise many times. I know most of the ins and outs of getting auto's there as well... send me an IM or an eMail - xpress34@comcast.net - I have a question or two for you as well as some info you might like to know...

- Chris

xpress34
02-24-2009, 12:36 AM
I am going to be out there end of March. Any advice on how to get a picture taken with a player? I want to try and get a picture with Byrnesie. I had a chance when he was at a rehab game last year in San Jose but the idiot that I asked to take my picture, only half a**tried and the picture never took. So I want another shot at a picture with Byrnesie.

The best advice I can give is try to buddy up with someone getting autos and when you get near your guy ask if they'll take your photo...

- Chris

TOYOTATruck07
02-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Would anybody be interested in trying to grab me some Tulo gear if possible? if so drop me an email at TOYOTATruck07@gmail.com

xpress34
02-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Would anybody be interested in trying to grab me some Tulo gear if possible? if so drop me an email at TOYOTATruck07@gmail.com

I can tell you that his stuff comes up few and far between...

I have THREE GU Tulo pieces - One I won't sell, but the other two are up for discussion:

GU Ball from ST 2007 - AU

GU Bat from ST 2007 - AU (Not a Tulo Model - Two Tone LVS - I'll have to get the model #)

GU St Pat's Hat from ST 2007 AU - THIS PIECE is DEFINATELY NOT FOR SALE...

I've tried to get a pair of Batting Gloves the past two Springs to no avail...

- Chris

xpress34
02-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Toyota -

Here are pics of the Tulo Bat... it is a Pro Stock C243. A friend who owns one of the Sports Card shops in Tucson got it from Tulo out on the practice fields early during Spring 2007 from Tulo and held onto it for me (he knows I come down every year)...

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/C_Cubed_Productions/Memorabilia/Bats/TulowitzkiGUAULS1.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/C_Cubed_Productions/Memorabilia/Bats/TulowitzkiGUAULS2.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff130/C_Cubed_Productions/Memorabilia/Bats/TulowitzkiGUAULS3.jpg

- Chris

xpress34
02-25-2009, 10:54 PM
For others who are either going to Cactus League ST or live in the area, this is my current game plan:

I arrive the evening of Wed Mar 18th in Phoenix.

Thurs Mar 19th:
A's vs Rangers @ Surprise

Fri Mar 20th:
Rangers vs Rockies @ Hi Corbett

Sat Mar 21st:
Rockies vs Rangers @ Surprise

Sun Mar 22nd:
???

Mon Mar 23rd:
???

Tues Mar 24th:
A's vs Royals @ Surprise

I fly out that night of the 24th...

- Chris

mariner_gamers
02-25-2009, 11:02 PM
I will be at Peoria Stadium this Friday and Saturday for the M's. Anyone else going to be there???

grenda12
03-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Going to White Sox spring training in Glendale. We're leaving March 19 and coming back March 27. We've got 4 games lined up ( Mar 20 SF, Mar 21 Cubs, Mar 25 OAK, Mar 26 ARI )

xpress34
03-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Well, I may have a 'game plan' for Monday the 23rd... only a few games going on that day... I might make the 5 hour drive to L.A. that morning and go to the WBC Final at Dodger's Stadium and then drive back to Phoenix...

Anyone that's going to be in AZ for Spring Training up for a one day road trip???

- Chris