PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a problem with B&E in NY

srothw
02-19-2009, 10:11 PM
I have a fake University of Michigan helmet these guys sold me on ebay and I have left two messages over the past two weeks with no return call. Has anyone else had a problem with them? Am I out my money???? I appreciate any feedback you can give me. I trust/hope they didn't know it was fake but they should still stand behind their auctions.

Lokee
02-20-2009, 03:28 AM
I would open a paypal dispute assuming you used paypal. If you used a money order you are 98% out of luck.

hrvatwill
02-20-2009, 10:37 AM
A few weeks ago they listed a high end retail 1994 Kevin Greene Steelers jersey as game used. I wrote to them to express my concerns and to their credit (many if not most sellers just ignore my e-mails), they modified the auction description. Optimally, I would have preferred them to use a bit stronger wording (they said they received an e-mail stating that the jersey might not be real and hence, were selling it "as is") but it was adequate enough and appeared to have gotten through to potential bidders, as the jersey only sold for $209. My genuine impression was that they were not aware at the time of listing that the jersey was not authentic.

srothw
02-20-2009, 05:06 PM
I used paypal but it was longer than the allowed time by Paypal to file a claim.

the problem is I had Leukemia and a bonemarrow transplant and the helmt sathere for a year. I recently changed my health care to UM and took it to the football offices there and they laughed at it! Literally. It's so bad when they pointed things out!

suicide_squeeze
02-22-2009, 12:31 AM
God bless you......sounds like you have a tremendous deal of good fortune to be greatful for.

Don't let the bad helmet cause you too much stress. If it's really stuck in your craw, consult with a local lawyer who specializes in fraud, and ask for a courtesy (free) consultation. They'll tell you what you can do. Maybe they'll write a letter for you (on their legal letterhead, of course)threatening these guys to reimburse your money, or they will be filing a suit and going after attorneys fees too. That usually does the trick.

Take good care of yourself, and enjoy every day!!