PDA

View Full Version : first thing you do?

gameu08
02-18-2009, 01:02 PM
after you get your new game used item in the mail besides opening it whats the first thing you do?

mike

siren
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
post photos to show everyone here lol well at least that's what I did with my first game used item.

BULBUS
02-18-2009, 01:05 PM
If its a jersey, TRY IT ON! :eek:

gameu08
02-18-2009, 01:06 PM
When I got my posada gamer which was loaded with pine tar I felt the need to sniff the tar...sounds stalkerish

suave1477
02-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Gameu08 I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I am sure pine tar isn't what you were sniffing lol lol

I don't know if you are aware but Posada goes pee-pee on his hands:eek: :p

BULBUS
02-18-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't know if you are aware but Posada goes pee-pee on his hands:eek: :p

Yup, it toughens the skin or something. It must work though, he is one of the few that doesnt wear batting gloves. Enjoy the smell :D

gameu08
02-18-2009, 01:39 PM
haha I do know that but didnt smell any urine just pine tar. I think alou pees on his hands too....nasty

FastLane80
02-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Unless the bat is falling apart, I take a couple of swings with it. I then inspect it for cleat marks, ball marks, any damage that was not mentioned (been lucky so far) and then I make a futile attempt to photomatch it. Holding them when I'm tense, anxious, agitated, restless etc tends to calm me down. My bats are my therapy. I'm not violent so I won't be smashing anything and if I ever was to, I promise not to ever auction it off like some people (Charlie Sheen) :p

emann
02-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Vladimir Guerrero does this as well I've heard... Watch out for those "no batting gloves" guys! ;)

To keep on topic, I usually feel the weight of it for a few minutes, look at the ball marks/use on it, etc. New bats sit by the couch for a couple days until the "new" has worn off. Then, they go to the rack...

Vintagedeputy
02-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Unless the bat is falling apart, I take a couple of swings with it. I then inspect it for cleat marks, ball marks, any damage that was not mentioned (been lucky so far) and then I make a futile attempt to photomatch it. Holding them when I'm tense, anxious, agitated, restless etc tends to calm me down. My bats are my therapy. I'm not violent so I won't be smashing anything and if I ever was to, I promise not to ever auction it off like some people (Charlie Sheen) :p

you might want to inspect it for damage before you swing it! :)

skyking26
02-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Test

godwulf
02-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Holding them when I'm tense, anxious, agitated, restless etc tends to calm me down. My bats are my therapy.

"You come into this world defenseless. That's why God gave us baseball bats. Well, he gave us trees. But we knew what he meant."

- Christopher Titus

joecoco
02-18-2009, 04:38 PM
That is so funny, I smell the pine tar too. Much like the rest of you guys, I inspect it up and down, followed by a lame attempt to photomatch it (thank God for Kyle). I thought I was the only weirdo to smell the pine tar; glad there are others out there! - Joe

suicide_squeeze
02-18-2009, 04:48 PM
If it's a jersey, I ask my wife to get naked and then have her put it on.

Then I take a few pictures, email the pics to American Memorabilia and type "BEAT THAT!!!!":eek:

camarokids
02-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Whew, good thing I saved the photo of the hottie....:D

Now that I have space to display my collection, I almost always know where I will put an item and how it will be displayed before it arrives. Whether in a frame or on a bat rack or in a bat tube.

Instanton
02-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I only collect jerseys and uniforms.

I inspect it.
I take photos of it.
I catalog it.
I enjoy it.

yanks12025
02-18-2009, 07:35 PM
This forum is no good. She had some clothes on!:(

kylehess10
02-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Here's what I normally do:

1. Inspect the piece

2. If it's a broken bat, I'll then take off the tape that MLB/Steiner puts on to hold together, since to me, seeing a bat in two pieces looks better

3. Photograph it

4. Display it

kylehess10
02-18-2009, 08:14 PM
This forum is no good. She had some clothes on!:(

It was probably the placement of her fingers which got the photo deleted :D

Fnazxc0114
02-18-2009, 08:30 PM
here lately i have been leaving the items in the box. for some reason it seems like just stuff to me right now. i think im gonna take a break from the hobby right now. theres only one item that would excite right now and i dont feel like paying that much for it. so i might just take a break for a while. i have bought a couple of nice custom rifles and shotguns recently. right now they seem cooler than wooden bats and jerseys.

camarokids
02-18-2009, 08:41 PM
It was probably the placement of her fingers which got the photo deleted :D

lucky fingers

FastLane80
02-19-2009, 02:02 PM
you might want to inspect it for damage before you swing it! :)I'm waiting for the day when I take a light swing and the barrel goes flying :p I may break something but it'd make for a good story!