PDA

View Full Version : Fake!!! Brett Favre Gamer On Ebay

TriplexXxSports
02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
As always, I search the 'bay' frequently for gamers and here's one that caught my eye.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230325940809

The seller is asking $750.00 for a replica, made up to be a game jersey. After photomatching this jersey to numerous pics of Brett from the '93 season, I cannot believe that anyone would ever consider this to be 'legit'. I made up some photo's showing the numerous discrepancies I found:

1) The 75th Anniversary patch is way off. You can see in the pics of Brett that the patch is located directly below the #4 on his sleeve. The tip of the #4 is centered to the 'G' in the 75th Anniversary patch. In the eBay jersey the #4 is way off to the right.

2) Right above the 93-46 tag in the collar you can clearly see where someone has very poorly removed the jerseys original neckline size tag (which more than likely was a size 52-54 based on the size of the jersey in question)

3) The eBay jersey has full spandex sides. It appears that Brett's '93 jerseys only had spandex directly under the sleeve opening. You can see in some of the other pics as well that Brett did not have spandex sides in '93.

4) The nameplate on the eBay jersey is much larger than the nameplate that Brett actually had on this '93 jersey. His gamer looks to have only an inch or two on the sides of his name and the eBay jerseys nameplate goes all the way across the back of the jersey.

5) The Starter Tag on the front of the jersey is completely wrong as well. The eBay jersey has Proline Authentic on the tag along with the Starter logo. His gamers just had the Starter Logo.

Need I write more? I guess it's another case where some joe gets a hold of a collar tag from some random game jersey and wants to make up his favorite jersey into a gamer. I will be in contact with the seller once I post this thread, and I'll keep everyone posted as to what I get as a response.

I would love to hear what you guess think. All comments or ridicule are welcome.

TriplexXxSports is always looking for Chicago Bears Game Used

packerfan
02-17-2009, 01:46 AM
In addition, 93 jerseys had the year patch sewn next to the Starter label, not in the cowl. Even if they did have the year-size tag in the cowl, the font is wrong.

TriplexXxSports
02-17-2009, 06:57 AM
I also noticed that the #4 on the sleeves has a flat face rather than the angled cut that is present on the #4 on the front and back of the jersey.

helmets
02-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Great work XXX - did you contact the seller with your findings?

TriplexXxSports
02-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Great work XXX - did you contact the seller with your findings?

Yes, I contacted the seller right after I posted this thread, but have not yet received a response. I will be sure to keep you informed. I am very interested in hearing what the seller has to say about this.

gwh11
02-17-2009, 10:04 AM
It should be noted that the Starter tag on this jersey is a '96 era tag.

Also, Packers jerseys from '93 did not feature a year/size tag in the cowl.

Guy

TriplexXxSports
02-17-2009, 07:26 PM
So, I e-mailed the seller and here's what I had gotten as a response.

"Hey Matthew,
Thanks for all the detailed info about the jersey and it definetely has helped. I am going to ask the guy I purchased it from what the heck went on here. I purchased many legitimate upper deck pieces from him that are all authentic and confirmed by upper deck. I honestly thought it was a legitimate game issue jersey as I was told, but you definetely have a point. Scamming people is NOT my game as you can see I have excellent feedback. I am canceling the auction for the jersey. Thanks for all your help.
-Steve"

Just wanted to give those who were interested, the latest. Its a shame that this type of senario(sp?) happens all too often in the business. Always do your research before you buy!

trsent
02-18-2009, 12:13 AM
So, I e-mailed the seller and here's what I had gotten as a response.

"Hey Matthew,
Thanks for all the detailed info about the jersey and it definetely has helped. I am going to ask the guy I purchased it from what the heck went on here. I purchased many legitimate upper deck pieces from him that are all authentic and confirmed by upper deck. I honestly thought it was a legitimate game issue jersey as I was told, but you definetely have a point. Scamming people is NOT my game as you can see I have excellent feedback. I am canceling the auction for the jersey. Thanks for all your help.
-Steve"

Just wanted to give those who were interested, the latest. Its a shame that this type of senario(sp?) happens all too often in the business. Always do your research before you buy!

Great work with this jersey, but I believe the reason Game Used Universe has a policy that you allow the seller to respond to your concerns over a 24 hours period of time (or is it 48 hours) you wouldn't have post on here that there is a "Fake!!! Brett Favre Gamer On Ebay".

You can then post on here your findings, but coming on here and posting your findings and not waiting for the seller's response is against forum rules. There is a reason for this policy, and tonight you found an honest seller who deserved the waiting period before having a trail.