PDA

View Full Version : Houston Astros, Colorado Rockies team store

jetersbatboy
02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Does anyone have info on a team store or some to contact about looking for game used. I am really looking for a KAZ MATSUI GAME USED BAT!!!!!!!

cjosefy
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Astros Team Store
501 Crawford Street
Houston, Texas 77002
(713) 259-8077
1-800-ASTROS4

Regular Hours – Mon-Fri 9-5
Holiday Hours - Mon-Fri 9-5, Sat 10-4

The manager's name is Pat. If you give her your name and number she will call you if they get a bat in.

xpress34
02-16-2009, 11:48 PM
The Rockies have MULTIPLE 'Dug Out' Stores around Denver, but what little Kaz stuff they rcvd went very fast...

His GU items sell for $$$ because of the Japanese market... after the WS in 2007, I was watching a Kaz GU WS Hat on the 'Bay with the Rox LOA (NOT Signed mind you)... it went for about $850 to a Japanese collector

The few bats I have seen have all sold on the 'Bay (w/ Rox LOAs) for about $350 - $500 each...

I tried a few times to get a pair of his Batting Gloves (with the Japanese symbols stitched in the straps)... I feel I was lucky to get him to sign a few cards as well as a ball for me - he threw the ball up to me in 2006 and later signed the side panel with his (then) #16...

I took it to Spring Training in 2007 and asked if he would sign the sweet spot in Japanese... he told me Japanese 'very long' and signed his normal sig on Sweet Spot with his (then) #7...

If you get a chance to see him, his translator's name is Yoshi (he was here with him in Denver and he went to Houston with him)... both very nice guys...

- Chris

jetersbatboy
02-17-2009, 12:21 AM
I wish I could find a bat. $300-500 is not bad if I could find one I would pay that, If it came with the Rox LOA. If you do see one please let me know.
Thanks

jetersbatboy
02-17-2009, 10:18 PM
The Rockies have MULTIPLE 'Dug Out' Stores around Denver

By any chance do these dugout stores have a name, I searched but cant seem to find a number.

Thanks Scott

Instanton
02-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Here you go. (http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/col/fan_forum/col_dugout_store.jsp) I've really only visited the store in the 16th street mall (about once a month), I would say the selection is not to my favor.

jetersbatboy
02-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Thank you.

jetersbatboy
02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Well, thanks for the help guys!!! I tried both club house store no luck!!! Anyone out their have any other suggestions on where to look or know of anyone who may have one for sale?
Thanks Scott:o

chakes89
02-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Chris Boyd (eGameUsed) had some Matsui stuff last year

Not sure what he has left but it couldn't hurt to shoot him an email

Link to his website:

http://www.egameused.com/index.html

jetersbatboy
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Chakes, I checked Chris but his price was way to high for me!!
Thanks Scott

xpress34
02-20-2009, 05:23 PM
I told you Matsui's stuff is NOT cheap... you have to remember that with any Japanese player, you are going against TWO markets!!!

All the best -

Chris

jetersbatboy
02-20-2009, 05:31 PM
I know it's not cheap!!!! I am willing to pay, but $2k is just way more then I'll pay for a matsui bat.

chakes89
02-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Just sent out a message to a contact of mine in Colorado

Will let you know via email what he can come up with, if anything

Instanton
02-20-2009, 08:15 PM
How reliable is this contact of yours? I'm still looking for an Ubaldo Team Issued home, # 41.

jetersbatboy
02-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Just sent out a message to a contact of mine in Colorado

Will let you know via email what he can come up with, if anything

Chakes, Thanks for the help, I appreciate your time and effort. Also like I said in my other post I will be willing to pay a $25 fee, if you can help me locate this bat. I really hope I can look foward to getting good new.
Thanks Again Scott

frikativ54
02-20-2009, 09:14 PM
I know it's not cheap!!!! I am willing to pay, but $2k is just way more then I'll pay for a matsui bat.

Chris tried to charge you $2,000 for a Kaz Matsui bat!?!? :eek: You have got to be kidding me. Kaz Matsui is a good player, but he's hardly a star. You could even get a McGwire gamer cheaper.

Plus, I wouldn't buy from him anyway, given his questionable record with bats. Chris admitted to doctoring both an Albert Pujols and a Carlos Lee bat here (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=115973&postcount=63).

I have checked with someone who may have a Matsui bat, and I sent you an email. I hope you get what you're looking for, and for a reasonable price. Good luck, Scott!

jetersbatboy
02-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Frik, Before anyone jumps the gun on this. I contacted Chris and I inquired about a Kaz bat. I was told by Chris that he was not sure if he wanted to sell his, but he had received an offer of $2k. With this said Chris never told me he would sell me the bat, but offered me info on offers which had already received. I politely declined and that was the end of are emails. So please don't make this any more then that. It was just an inquire on a bat with a price I was not willing to pay.

jetersbatboy
02-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Frik,
Thank you for your help! please check your email!

frikativ54
02-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Frik,
Thank you for your help! please check your email!

Got it. Sorry that I wasn't able to locate the bat for you. Hopefully, sooner or later we'll see one. If I do, you will be the first I'll notify.

chakes89
02-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Chakes, Thanks for the help, I appreciate your time and effort. Also like I said in my other post I will be willing to pay a $25 fee, if you can help me locate this bat. I really hope I can look foward to getting good new.
Thanks Again Scott
It's no problem at all

I am always ready and willing to help if I can

-Chris