PDA

View Full Version : Huggins & Scott

cohibasmoker
02-16-2009, 06:06 PM
On the 10th of February, I sent my payment away for a Mike Ryan Phillies uniform that I won in their last auction.

On the 16th, I received the uniform - it was well packaged and it was better than I expected.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

markize
02-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Jim,

Great pickup-Very nice piece! Too bad more auction companies can't provide this type of speedy service. When you pay for an item ( especially a fast payment), you expect to get the item fast. Looks like Huggins & Scott has that concept down.

Mark

allstarsplus
02-16-2009, 07:09 PM
Nice to read good stuff!!!

I was outbid on a couple of items as I forgot they have that overtime bidding rule on each individual lot and not on all the items. I think that costs them extra bids, but it was my fault for forgetting their rules.

sammy
02-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Personally, I like the 30 minute rule, as it lets me either win the lot before I go to bed, or know that I didn't.

H&S was the first auction house to use this concept and others are slowly following.

There was a recent auction at a nationally known auction house that still uses the last bid rule. There was one lot I was watching that wasn't getting any bids after 1 am. Checked again at 5:30 in the morning and the auction was still running, with a bid placed around 4:40 in the morning on my watched lot.

Just plain crazy to see which bidder outlasts the other.

There is another auction house that adds a penalty premium if you bid late. After 1 am it is 5 %, after 2 it is 7.5%, after 3 it is 10%. These figures are close but I don't recall how close. This penalty percentage is added on top of the regular 17.5 %. Sure cuts down the late bidding and lets the auction close at a decent time.

stkmtimo
02-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I would like to echo the positive sentiment toward H&S - they are always prompt in answering emails and shipping items. I won a nice lot of Negro Leagues autographs last year and they sent them VERY fast after I sent payment.

Tim

earlywynnfan
02-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Say, Tim, if you happen to have any leftovers from that Negro Lg lot, let me know.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com