PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do When?

1986&2004Bosox
02-12-2009, 11:32 PM
You agree to a deal, you agree to a purchase price, you then go and buy $$$ autograph tickets to get the items signed and then the seller sells the items out from under you? I will not mention names or items but it is a board member and it is two bats one rare one not rare but coveted by collectors. This to me is an action that makes the hobby not fun at all. I was all excited and then this happens. We are talking about a deal of $ 1700.00 which is not exactly a small amount of money for many people. What do I do?

camarokids
02-12-2009, 11:52 PM
I say call them out! tar and feather them!:D

If what you say is true, then by all means, give their name.

lets hear the entire story.

did they sell the items for more money to someone else?

Mr.3000
02-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Please name names. I would hate to see the same thing happen to someone else by the same offender when it could be ovoided by warning others.

kellsox
02-13-2009, 05:41 AM
You agree to a deal, you agree to a purchase price, you then go and buy $$$ autograph tickets to get the items signed and then the seller sells the items out from under you? I will not mention names or items but it is a board member and it is two bats one rare one not rare but coveted by collectors. This to me is an action that makes the hobby not fun at all. I was all excited and then this happens. We are talking about a deal of $ 1700.00 which is not exactly a small amount of money for many people. What do I do?

That happened to me once recently- a deal was set up and parties agreed to meet up. However the other party stopped communication and never followed through with the transaction. A few weeks later the party contacted me asking for a lead on another item....

1986&2004Bosox
02-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Party is trying to resolve the issue I am giving them the benefit of the doubt

1986&2004Bosox
02-16-2009, 12:54 PM
I would like to say I am sorry to the individual involved in this transaction. I refuse to name the individual as they feel the issue should not have been brought to the board and I will respect their wishes. I am in no way attempting to say this individual is a bad person or a bad board member. It's just the dynamics of this deal went very very wrong and I really don't know why or how it all happened.

We had attempted to resolve the issue which I thought had happened, however this thread caused the seller to feel as thou I attacked him and has now resulted in the resolution becoming null and void. The intent of this post was to ask for advice not to attack a seller and I am sorry to the seller if you feel as thou I treated you unfairly.

I still hope there is some way to resolve the situation and to get the pieces that I have wanted and am still excited about.

This board is a great place and has resulted in me making some great trades, getting some great items for my collection and meeting some really good people. I hope that this deal is resolved in a positive way for both the seller and myself and that my relationship with the seller can be fixed as they are a great source for items I collect.

treant985
02-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I would like to say I am sorry to the individual involved in this transaction....We had attempted to resolve the issue which I thought had happened, however this thread caused the seller to feel as thou I attacked him and has now resulted in the resolution becoming null and void. The intent of this post was to ask for advice not to attack a seller and I am sorry to the seller if you feel as thou I treated you unfairly.

Not to further enflame it, but, in the words of Harrison Ford, you must've hit him pretty close to the mark to get him all riled up like that. I think it's ironic that someone is accused of not following through and, to help support his case, he refuses to follow through.

1986&2004Bosox
02-16-2009, 09:55 PM
treant985 I don't fully understand what you are saying. Is that directed at me?

1986&2004Bosox
02-16-2009, 10:00 PM
treant985 never mind I miss read the post. Yeah I am still hopeful that the situation gets resolved and both sides are happy in the end.