PDA

View Full Version : Selig on A-Rod: ‘Shamed the game’

3arod13
02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Is Selig for real? I think he needs to be tested. It kills me how so many of these high ranking officials in Baseball play dumb.

The interview with Tom Hicks...give me a break! Like he didn't know what was going on with his team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AuzuMNT5RR7m8iwgteJigkE5nYcB?slug=ap-steroids-rodriguez-selig&prov=ap&type=lgns

frikativ54
02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Bud Selig's a joke. He never did anything all those years the attendance rates were soaring because of the increased HR totals. He should have praised A-Rod for being honest about it and not pulling a Roger Clemens.

I would love to know the other 103 names... Were they superstars? Journeymen? All-stars? Rookies trying to make the team? We the fans are deserving some answers for the integrity of the game of baseball.

tmpjets
02-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Selig is as stupid as a "sack of bricks" please; only stating that Arod shamed the game is pure bull crap! What about the other 103 guys on the list? Just let it out now rather then us hearing it 1 to 2 years from now. Let begin the healing process.....

whatupyos
02-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Tony:

I think you misunderstood Sea Slug....Shamed the game, he was referring to himself.:D

Aaron

bigtime59
02-13-2009, 09:15 AM
That Selig, the owners commissioner, and a former owner himself, would follow the official "bash the players" script is...unsurprising.
That Tom Hicks has significant trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time (given that he bid against himself to give Miss Pay-Fraud her first ridiculous FA contract) is...unsurprising.
Please stop with the dog-bites-man stuff, and wake me when we have a man-bites-dog story?
Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

skyking26
02-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Selig is as stupid as a "sack of bricks" please; only stating that Arod shamed the game is pure bull crap! What about the other 103 guys on the list? Just let it out now rather then us hearing it 1 to 2 years from now. Let begin the healing process.....
It appears that those that come forward are targeted with the "shamed the game" stuff. There are 103 more names there. Whether it is McGwire, Arod, blah blah blah, whoever used shamed it - not just those that admit.

I go on record here as NOT an Arod fan. Never liked the guy, never will. Never got into the pretty boy types. I'll say one thing for him, he spoke.

nyjetsfan14
02-13-2009, 09:36 AM
18 mil a year for the worst comish in the history of pro sports is truly shaming the game. An All Star tie? An attempt to contract the Twins? What an absolute joke.

joelsabi
02-13-2009, 09:48 AM
what does selig call cancelling the world series in 1994?

joelsabi
02-13-2009, 10:00 AM
what is shameful is the turning their back on baseball by people in power. this steroid problem should should have been dealt with earlier than it was. the powers that be had no idea how to stop the damage or were unwilling to take on the problem. The people in power (ie. selig and owners) showed no foresight as to the relationship between homeruns, steroids, baseball records, top players, and baseball integrity.

if the people in power are not a part of the solution, then they are part of the problem.

3arod13
02-13-2009, 10:29 AM
what is shameful is the turning their back on baseball by people in power. this steroid problem should should have been dealt with earlier than it was. the powers that be had no idea how to stop the damage or were unwilling to take on the problem. The people in power (ie. selig and owners) showed no foresight as to the relationship between homeruns, steroids, baseball records, top players, and baseball integrity.

if the people in power are not a part of the solution, then they are part of the problem.

Listening to Mr. Hicks of the Texas Rangers turned my stomach. \For him to act like he knows nothing about it, is ridiculous!

gingi79
02-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Selig: I am a Teapot and A-rod is a kettle. He is black. That is all.

Tay1038
02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
18 mil a year for the worst comish in the history of pro sports is truly shaming the game. An All Star tie? An attempt to contract the Twins? What an absolute joke.

I agree. Contract the Twins? How many Central Divisons have the Twins won since then?! What a loser!