PDA

View Full Version : Another Bricol headache

skipcarayislegend
02-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Here's another great Bricol Sports Auction story for you. I was a consigner for one of their '08 auctions. About a month and a half after the auction ended, I emailed Brian to find out when they planned on sending out consignment checks. A phone call and several emails later, he finally responded. He said they sent mine to the wrong address and would get another out immediately. Two months and about a dozen unreturned phone messages and emails later, still no check.

I finally talked to Shannon. We had a pleasant discussion. No name calling or threats or anything. I just wanted my check, which at that point was about four months overdue. She assured me the money would go out that day, priority mail.

Three weeks later, nothing. Again phone calls and emails were not returned.

I finally called the Pinellas County Department of Justice and Consumer Services and explained the situation. Sent a letter to them, then emailed Bricol and told them I had turned the matter over to the Office of Consumer Protection. Lo and behold, the check was overnighted and in the bank two days later.

So, for those still being dragged along by the most unorganized and frustrating customer service depart. on the planet, here's a phone number and address for you:

Department of Justice and Consumer Services
Office of Consumer Protection
15251 Roosevelt Blvd, Suite 209
Clearwater, FL 33760

sammy
02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
If anyone has any information for one of these organizations in Nevada, please post.

For those who still, consign with American Memorabilia, Inc. (AMI), this infomation could really be helpful.

earlywynnfan
02-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Let me ask you this: with no contract in hand stating that you did, indeed consign that piece, what ammunition did you have for the investigators? I sent them a small consignment last summer that sold, but I can't even access previous auctions (other than like the last two.) Unfortunately, in a cleaning fit, I threw away the catalog, so I don't even know for sure which auction it was in. Brian has no interest in looking it up, and I feel I have no recourse here.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@Hotmail.com

skipcarayislegend
02-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Let me ask you this: with no contract in hand stating that you did, indeed consign that piece, what ammunition did you have for the investigators? I sent them a small consignment last summer that sold, but I can't even access previous auctions (other than like the last two.) Unfortunately, in a cleaning fit, I threw away the catalog, so I don't even know for sure which auction it was in. Brian has no interest in looking it up, and I feel I have no recourse here.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@Hotmail.com

Ken,
I hear what you're saying but it sounds like you're letting them off the hook to easy. He'll still have records of that auction. And perhaps someone around here still has the catalog, which they'll send to you. Although Bricol auction pubs aren't exactly worth keeping around.

I saved all the emails Brian and I exchanged, starting with the one he sent notifying me of his receipt of the item. In others, he acknowledged the transaction was completed and sending the check to the wrong address. I also took screen captures of the auction and have pics of the item before I sent it.
-Jason

rose14
02-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Does BRICOL not use a Consignor Agreement that is signed by the consignor and returned prior to the auction. If so, you should have a copy of that. Anyone that consigns to an auction house that doesn't use those forms is just an accident waiting to happen. T

skyking26
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Sometimes it is a real headache dealing with auction houses. I always try to sell thru contacts I have and save the hammer fees...

earlywynnfan
02-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Does BRICOL not use a Consignor Agreement that is signed by the consignor and returned prior to the auction. If so, you should have a copy of that. Anyone that consigns to an auction house that doesn't use those forms is just an accident waiting to happen. T

No they don't, which is why that's my one-and-only time with them.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

suicide_squeeze
02-14-2009, 01:44 PM
First off, skipcareyislegend's advice is GOLDEN.

My only suggestion to you guys in the future is......

If you plan on sending a consignment to an auction house, you should strongly only consider using (and not in any particular order) one of these guys:

Robert Edwards Auctions

Hunt Auctions

Lelands

Heritage Auctions

They are all extremely helpful, friendly, couteous (sounds like the boy scouts :D ) professional, send out consignment checks in a TIMELY manner, and their customer service is the best, as you can get a live body on the phone every time you call during normal business hours.

If you're using anyone else..........you're just rolling the dice.

Dewey2007
02-14-2009, 01:50 PM
First off, skipcareyislegend's advice is GOLDEN.

My only suggestion to you guys in the future is......

If you plan on sending a consignment to an auction house, you should strongly only consider using (and not in any particular order) one of these guys:

Robert Edwards Auctions

Hunt Auctions

Lelands

Heritage Auctions

They are all extremely helpful, friendly, couteous (sounds like the boy scouts :D ) professional, send out consignment checks in a TIMELY manner, and their customer service is the best, as you can get a live body on the phone every time you call during normal business hours.

If you're using anyone else..........you're just rolling the dice.

Just from my experience I'd add Huggins & Scott to this list too. I consigned an item to them last year and their customer service was excellent and I received my consignment check in a very timely manner.