PDA

View Full Version : Yankees Jerseys???

MVP
04-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Do the Yankees wear NEW jerseys for each game or do they have their jerseys starched and ironed after they are washed? I have watched almost every game this year and all the jerseys have a nice crease in the middle of the sleeves from the neck to the sleeve cuff....inbetween the sleeve seams. Any insight?

-Henry

suave1477
04-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Hello MVP, well just to educate you the Yankees would not buy new jerseys they are so cheap if they can get away with using the same jerseys for the next season they will. As far as the looking crisp and clean as cheap as they are to buy new jerseys they are anal about appearance they stay on top of keeping the jerseys clean as possible during the season.

I have Strawberrys first Yankees jersey when he was brought up at the end of 95 and he used it through 96 until spring training of 97 ( the same jersey through out all this time ).

So that should give you an idea if they are willing to buy new jerseys, although in the past few years they have been more flexible with an extra jersey here and there. They still wouldnt buy new jerseys for each game.

Yankwood
04-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Do they use Calgon or is it an "ancient Chinese secret?"

suave1477
04-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Yankwood they use ancient chinese secret lol lol:D

Nathan
04-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Random segue...

The Los Angeles Kings have their jerseys dry-cleaned after every game in order to have them appear as clean as possible. It irritates hockey collectors to no end, since most love to have a substantial amount of visible wear.

Is it possible that the Yankees use two sets of both home and road and alternate consecutive days, thus enabling maximum cleaning and possibly ironing?

Vintagedeputy
04-26-2006, 08:17 PM
I have an '85 Home Yanks jersey of Dan Pasqua with blood stains in the collar so I can't say that their dry cleaning practices are the best. Funny thing is, I also have a close up pic of Pasqua with cuts on his neck from shaving. Now that's a real DNA analysis!