PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Grey Flannel

Dewey2007
02-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Awhile back I purchased an autographed, game worn 2005 Dontrelle Willis All-Star BP jersey from GFC and for whatever reason something about this jersey never sat right with me. It appeared that it had been offered in a couple of previous auctions and I guess I just wasn't fully convinced it was game worn. I admit I should have done more homework prior to buying the jersey. Anyhow, I recently compared some pictures on Getty of Willis from the All-Star workout day to my jersey and they did not match the jersey he was wearing that day. There is a chance it could have been worn during BP the day of the game but I have no way of knowing since I couldn't find any pics to match it to and nothing in the item description indicated what day it was supposed to have been worn.

Anyhow, I e-mailed GFC with my concerns about the jersey and they offered me a full refund almost 10 months after I had purchased the jersey with no questions asked. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I just want to say I appreciate GFC's excellent customer service regarding my situation! They received the returned jersey last Friday and I received my refund check today.

Mr.3000
02-11-2009, 03:33 PM
That's how customer service should be handled. Great job Grey Flannel! Glad it all worked out for you Dewey2007.

Other auction sites should step up and see how CS is done right.

dcgreg25
02-11-2009, 03:48 PM
That is great to hear. While they are not perfect, I have always had positive experiences with them in the past and they seem to handle their customer service like they value their customers which is more than can be said for some other auction companies out there!

lund6771
02-11-2009, 11:56 PM
good stories are great to hear!

aeneas01
02-12-2009, 01:59 AM
slow down dewey - don't you know that the guu is reserved for the malcontents of the hobby, for those with nothing good to say about auction houses, dealers, etc.? seriously tho, that's great to hear - seems like there has been quite a few of these threads lately? great job richie and gfc!