PDA

View Full Version : Problems Pro-Am Sports, Wayne Otto, and www.gamewornuniforms.com

hockeytigers
02-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have held off as long as I can with Wayne Otto and www.gamewornuniforms.com (http://www.gamewornuniforms.com) and I have finally blown my top!

I purchased my first game worn jersey and it was from Wayne Otto. The experience was great and I received my jersey very quickly. It is a great jersey and I will keep it forever. This has started my addiction to collecting game worn jerseys! This led me to purchase 2 additional jerseys from Wayne. After I received the jerseys, I did some research and found out that neither of the 2 jerseys were game worn (as advertised) because the players never played for the teams during the time that the year tags displayed. I have a feeling that they were game issued. I asked if I could return the jerseys and was told that I could. I sent the jerseys back and now is when the problems begin...

I sent the jersey's back to them around Christmas so I can understand that there might be a delay in processing the return and crediting my paypal account. Here it is February 11, and I have still not received my money back. They have told me numerous times that they do not have any money in their Paypal account and as soon as they do, they will send the money back. This excuse has lasted almost 2 months and I find it hard to believe that with the amount of inventory on their website that they have not sold anything from their website on Paypal.

They have also lied to me on numerous occasions that they would process the money on Friday, or check your paypal account either later this afternoon or in the morning and the return will be in my Paypal account.

I am not the kind of person to air dirty laundry about a company, but enough is enough. Wayne, please return my $650.

I am looking for suggestions on how to get my money back. Hopefully Wayne will read this post and do the right thing and pay my money back.

Has anyone else had any problems with Wayne and www.gamewornuniforms.com (http://www.gamewornuniforms.com) ?

Mr.3000
02-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear of your situation. Hopefully all is made right as soon as possible.

intheminors
02-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Yes, I bought a game-used Detroit Tigers jersey from them (and had asked about purchasing 3 others to see if I could get a discount) last August. He said they do not give discounts for multiple purchases.

After I had paid, I waited two weeks and sent a few e-mails that were never returned. Finally, on the 28th, he e-mailed back and said they couldn't find it (even though it was on their website still). He asked if there was another jersey I wanted in replacement. I said no and asked for a refund. It took another week or two for the refund to come back (nothing like what you are dealing with.

So, I turned around last month and bought a Tigers jersey from ksavagecards on 1/22/09. I got the jersey on 1/28/09. Fast service!

Kyle

notxpensv4u
02-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Do a chargeback or file a complaint through paypal. Your funds would have been in your account by now. Looks like there playing the waiting game so time will expire for a chargeback. Good Luck.

nyjetsfan14
02-11-2009, 05:54 PM
A couple years ago I placed an order for a jersey listed on their website. Upon communicating with them it seems the jersey was either previously sold or misplaced (they didn't know which) thus no longer available. I was eventually refunded but I checked a year later and the jersey was still listed on their site. Best of luck in obtaining your refund which shouldn't be too much of a problem is you file a paypal claim.

Dewey2007
02-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I bought a couple of game used NFL jerseys from them awhile back and both transactions went very well. Nice jerseys and great customer service. Wayne Otto even game me a 10% discount and free shipping on one of the jerseys. I inquired about a baseball jersey a couple of weeks after, got one follow-up e-mail saying they would have to look for the jesey in their warehouse and never received a follow-up to that inquiry or subsequent ones. Very strange to say the least.

They do have some nice stuff but I do know their on-line inventory is never updated. Both jerseys I purchased from them are still listed on-line.

I hope things work out for the best.

beantown
02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Pay Pal is a joke.... I recently went through something similar...since I didn't purchase it through eBay, Pay Pal told me they would not cover it! Therefore, I will ONLY use Pay Pal with my credit card so I am at least covered through the credit card company for a refund if the seller refuses to issue it...

hockeytigers
02-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Just called them and Wayne is out until Monday. I was told that David would talk to him again on Monday about processing the return. I'll keep everyone updated on the status...

earlywynnfan
02-12-2009, 02:30 PM
So you can't reach him today, but he'll be there Monday, a national holiday? Good luck!

ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

hockeytigers
02-12-2009, 04:48 PM
I just received my refund...

It's amazing how quickly things happen when you post things here!!

cjw
02-12-2009, 06:27 PM
I just received my refund...

It's amazing how quickly things happen when you post things here!!

Glad to hear that you got your refund. I have a few transactions with Wayne and while they have been quite pleasant they have been rather slow in concluding and I also, wanted to purchase an item that was avaialble (yet it was then and is now, a year later, still advertised on the site).

Wayne is a fair honest seller in my opinion, but his site/inventory maintenance could really be improved upon. Just my 2 cents. chris

cjw
02-12-2009, 06:29 PM
sorry..meant to type that the item was UNavailable, yet then was, and still is listed on the web site.

solarlottry
05-29-2010, 03:36 AM
I have purchased about 10 49ers shirts from Wayne and my experience has been quite good. Very fast and cheap shipping and after a paypal snafu-a quick refund. The only issue is that the website is NEVER updated thus many of the shirts on it have been sold already. The only way to know is to call them and have Josh look thru the boxes of shirts for what you want. I did that a number of times and each time i got a great shirt. Another issue is price. The funny thing is every time i called and asked about price the shirts were 200-300 more over the phone. i told them this and they told me that if it was cheaper on the website then buy it there (which i did). Overall ProAm is pretty good, i just wish they would update the website. If you have any issues Wayne seems to want to work things out-at least he did with me.

sox83cubs84
05-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Wayne is personally a great guy, but his organizational skills leave something to be desired and his research accuracy is even less reliable.

Dave M.
Chicago area

beaglegypsy003
06-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I once ordered a LA Clippers jersey over the phone and had it mailed. A couple of months later I met Wayne at the Nationals and saw a he had a Lamar Odom rookie Clippers jersey. I asked him if I by chance I could exchange the earlier jersey I purchased for the Odom. He said it wouldn't be a problem. I told Wayne that when I return home to Hawaii, I would mail the jersey back and he could send me the Odom. He handed me the Odom and told me just mail him the other Clippers jersey later. I've done several transactions with him in the past with no problems.

Wise_Cracker
09-29-2010, 10:32 AM
I've known Wayne a long, long time (from back in his tennis playing days as 'Double-0 Otto' :p ).

He has never been truly 'organized' in any sense of the imagination (except for, maybe, his LP collection - LOL) but you will not find a more honest dude with no intent to obfuscate, rip-off or deceive.

That says a lot these days.

I'll take an honest train wreck (j/k Wayne!) over a bs con job every day of the week.

Sonny25
10-02-2010, 10:20 PM
He may be a great guy, but my god he sucks at answering emails.

I emailed him not to long ago about a jersey I was interested in, the picture of the jersey wasn't showing up & I asked if I could see a picture before I made the purchase. Never heard back from him, and that's probably the 2-3rd time that's happened to me.
Which is a shame because I was on the verge of paying the $600 he was asking.

I've been thinking about stopping by his store (If he has one?) in Boone, I live in Asheville which is a little less than 2 hours away.
I used to go up to Boone all the time to visit my girlfriend in college & still make it back a few times a year to catch a few App. State games, ski or to buy a Christmas tree. lol

solarlottry
10-03-2010, 01:45 PM
The best way to get things done with regards to Wayne is to call them. I have purchased many 49ers shirts from them and have never had a problem. One thing though is to make sure you know what the online price is as he has always quoted me a much higher price on the phone. I told him this and he said to just buy it thru the website then. His shipping is always very reasonable and the shirts arrive quickly. Another thing I always ask is to have them describe the jersey to me. Shirts that have no description online often have significant game use.

jake33
03-20-2011, 11:43 AM
"Yes, that Greg Vaughn jersey is $1200, since he is no doubt a hall of famer." - Wayne Otto

TNTtoys
03-20-2011, 09:15 PM
The best way to get things done with regards to Wayne is to call them

I second that.

I have been dealing with them for 10+ years now.

Very recently, I was going back & forth with them over email for 1 specific jersey for a couple of weeks... finally I picked up the phone and within 2 minutes the deal was closed. And I am very happy...