PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not So Sure These Giants Jerseys are Game Issued; Please Take a Look!

RKO18
02-08-2009, 01:26 PM
I was looking at some New York Giants "Game-Issued" jerseys on Ebay. Take a look at this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-New-York-Giants-Game-Issued-Jersey-Eli-Manning_W0QQitemZ270330552389QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item270330552389&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A13%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I'm not so sure this jersey is even authentic let alone a Game-Issued jersey. If it was "Issued" instead of "Pro-Cut" then it should be identical to a Eli "Game-Worn" correct?

Eli's sleeves are longer I believe.

I'm not looking to point the finger just yet as their feedback is excellent and the customers seem to be happy. I just wanted to get some feedback from fellow boardies.

JasonBanz
02-08-2009, 03:02 PM
I personally think it looks right. I think the sleeves are the right length too. Has the year and size tag. Plus made in Berlin. I know it can be forged, but with a feedback level like that, everyone seems to be satisfied.

jppopma
02-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Sometimes the items that are legit "game issued" have differences from the game worn jerseys. This happens to give the player different options in cut, size, or sleeves. If the player chooses that style, it's game worn...the others sit on the shelf or in the locker, but would still be GI. I have seen team lists with multiples sizes of game issued jerseys available.

bigtime59
02-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Could easily be a "team-(un)issued blank that somebody customized with Manning's name and number. I don't know what size Manning wears, but I somehow doubt it's a 50.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

lisicki
02-08-2009, 08:10 PM
these jerseys are legit game jerseys. However they usually come from a player that purchased it for a family member or friend. Players can buy game cut jerseys from the team (these are commonly a size 50). On occasion, they get out and can find their way on ebay.

So, they are true game cut (or pro cut) jerseys...they just never saw the body of the player or the field....

jppopma
02-14-2009, 07:54 PM
I thought of this post a few weeks ago when I stopped at the Lions team shop. I saw a couple DOZEN Ernie Sims "team issued" jersey for sale there. They all had year, size, and cut tagging. I didn't look at each one specifically, but did notice that there were at least two different cuts of them.

My question is, why would a team create so many jerseys? Goes to show how hard they make our hobby.