PDA

View Full Version : Who Has A-Rod Items?

Swoboda4
02-07-2009, 10:39 PM
$250 million dollar fraud contract. $6 Million extra for each mile stone. The biggest Fraud in baseball history. Who today is happy they have A-Rod items? Nobody. Barry Bonds is on the back burner. Who can't wait to go to opening day at Yankee Stadium? Nobody Where have you gone Scott Brosius. I'll keep David Wright with my Mets you keep this Idiot,and FOR YEARS TO COME!!!!!!.
HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

joelsabi
02-07-2009, 10:42 PM
$250 million dollar fraud contract. $6 Million extra for each mile stone. The biggest Fraud in baseball history. Who today is happy they have A-Rod items? Nobody. Barry Bonds is on the back burner. Who can't wait to go to opening day at Yankee Stadium? Nobody Where have you gone Scott Brosius. I'll keep David Wright with my Mets you keep this Idiot,and FOR YEARS TO COME!!!!!!.
HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

OK. I am a nobody.

Mr.3000
02-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Anyone want to sell their legit A-Rod Mariners/Rangers game used jerseys (with solid provenance)? I will buy each and everyone at a discounted rate because of htis steroid scandal.

:crickets chirping:

I didn't think so.

frikativ54
02-07-2009, 11:04 PM
$250 million dollar fraud contract. $6 Million extra for each mile stone. The biggest Fraud in baseball history.

Come on, A-Rod may be a lousy human being with his abandoning his family, he may have cheated the game of baseball, but "the biggest Fraud in baseball history" is a stretch. Be fair, with or without steroids, A-Rod is one of the best hitters to play the game of baseball. Would I take Pujols over A-Rod? Of course. But don't forget, you are vilifying A-Rod for something a good percentage of MLB athletes did, namely, using steroids. Seems like all the A-Rod haters are coming out of the woodwork.

HENMICK44
02-07-2009, 11:07 PM
At least he didn't give an STD to someone like one of your hero Mets-Swoboda

Mr.3000
02-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Come on, A-Rod may be a lousy human being with his abandoning his family, he may have cheated the game of baseball, but "the biggest Fraud in baseball history" is a stretch. Be fair, with or without steroids, A-Rod is one of the best hitters to play the game of baseball. Would I take Pujols over A-Rod? Of course. But don't forget, you are vilifying A-Rod for something a good percentage of MLB athletes did, namely, using steroids. Seems like all the A-Rod haters are coming out of the woodwork.

So every man that gets a divorce is labeled as "abandoning his family" ? I guess it would then be fair to say every lesbian shouldn't be a mother since she's not married to a man.

Neither are fair assessments.

spartakid
02-07-2009, 11:51 PM
So every man that gets a divorce is labeled as "abandoning his family" ? I guess it would then be fair to say every lesbian shouldn't be a mother since she's not married to a man.

Neither are fair assessments.

Well, when the circumstances by which he left his family (the whole Madonna thing,) I think that could be considered abandonment. I feel sorry for the children most of all, that's who he really let down. I'm not sure if the Madonna thing was ever proven, but I assume those rumors had a basis of truth to them. IMHO, Ricardo

schubert1970
02-08-2009, 12:03 AM
I've got a kick ass bat and proud of it! Just another chapter in a book that won't be finished for several years.

Just wanted to lighten this thread up a bit with some jokes I found on the NYPOST web site. Some of these are really creative. Being an AROD fan these made me laugh.....life is too short.

"Start spreading the news, I'm leavin today, I want to be A-FRAUD of it, New York, New York!"

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"

"Sholess isn't in the HOF, big deal"

"Next year Baseball Hall of Fame should induct THE ASTERICK"

allstarsplus
02-08-2009, 12:43 AM
This may be a good place for some education on steroids. Anabolic steroids were first used in the 1930's and some Russian athletes were said to be performing with them in the 1952 Olympics.

They were widely available legally to US athletes in the late 1950's so although no names are generally being associated with steroid for players of 1970's and prior, we may never know if someone used them.

I am not sure about any of the big HR hitters, but here are some names of players that were clean: Babe Ruth, Mel Ott, Jimmie Foxx, Hank Greenberg, Ted Williams, to name a few and I am sure the list can be added to.

As far as ARod goes, I don't know anything for certain so "allegedly" doesn't do it for me.

Every time another name is linked to steroids it is a shame, but like I have said before, there are 100's that have not been exposed or chose Human Growth Hormone or steroids with masking agents, etc and have gone "uncaught" so when I see people guessing at who is and who isn't based on what Canseco says or the Mitchell Report, I don't think it is fair.

The guy I feel bad for is the guy that never got out of AAA because a cheater took his roster spot. I feel sorry for the guy who had his record broken by a cheater.

Only the cheaters truly know who they are.

spartakid
02-08-2009, 12:48 AM
I've got a kick ass bat and proud of it! Just another chapter in a book that won't be finished for several years.

Just wanted to lighten this thread up a bit with some jokes I found on the NYPOST web site. Some of these are really creative. Being an AROD fan these made me laugh.....life is too short.

"Start spreading the news, I'm leavin today, I want to be A-FRAUD of it, New York, New York!"

"If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"

"Sholess isn't in the HOF, big deal"

"Next year Baseball Hall of Fame should induct THE ASTERICK"

Is that a typo or a pun?

larry bourget
02-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Bring Back Pete Rose,....so he bet on a little baseball. Big Deal! Who did he really hurt,.......he was not a wife beater, caught numerous times as a crack head and reinstated over and over and over the Howe/Strawberry Rainbow. MLB should get their Ethics and Priorities strait. Pete should be back in Baseball, He was their Best Ambassador.

LB

xpress34
02-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Bring Back Pete Rose,....so he bet on a little baseball. Big Deal! MLB should get their Ethics and Priorities strait. Pete should be back in Baseball, He was their Best Ambassador.

LB

I agree!!!! And he NEVER bet AGAINST his team!!! Wouldn't that mean he would try even HARDER to WIN?!?!?!

While I agree it's unfair that @$$-Rod's name is the only one leaked of the 104 names on the report - he is also probably the BIGGEST name on the list and the statements he made in 2007 to Katie Couric just make him a liar as well.

Just makes you wish even more that Griffey Jr hadn't had all the injuries - and that someone would sign him - as he is now (more than ever) MLB's poster boy for how to play the game right along with Derek Jeter.

I do have to say though... the story didn't come as a shock to me.

Just more of MLB players destroying the integrity of the game they profess to love.

My .02 -

Chris

xpress34
02-08-2009, 12:47 PM
On another note, glad I sold my A-Rod GU 2003 Rangers Hat in 2004 for a tidy little profit.

Bought it from ASI before the Season Ended in 2003 (July 4th hat w/ Flag Patch) Auto and inscribed GU by A-Rod for about $400.

Sold right after winning MVP and trade to Yankees for a bit over $1,200.

Wasn't planning on selling, but that was an offer I couldn't refuse...

- Chris

kellsox
02-08-2009, 01:21 PM
I agree!!!! And he NEVER bet AGAINST his team!!! Wouldn't that mean he would try even HARDER to WIN?!?!?!

While I agree it's unfair that @$$-Rod's name is the only one leaked of the 104 names on the report - he is also probably the BIGGEST name on the list and the statements he made in 2007 to Katie Couric just make him a liar as well.

Just makes you wish even more that Griffey Jr hadn't had all the injuries - and that someone would sign him - as he is now (more than ever) MLB's poster boy for how to play the game right along with Derek Jeter.

I do have to say though... the story didn't come as a shock to me.

Just more of MLB players destroying the integrity of the game they profess to love.

My .02 -

Chris

What about the games that he didn't bet for his team?? If you believe that he would "try harder" to win then why not bet on his team every game?

schubert1970
02-08-2009, 02:33 PM
:mad: Why do people think everthing in baseball is sacrosanct, when it never has been.....

After watching more news coverage today, I'm a little sick of hearing how steroids ruined baseball. I guess for some people, history only begins when they are born. Remember, this is the same game that wouldn't allow the participation of African Americans. I'm sure writers and others believed that by allowing AA's to play baseball, records would be ruined and the game tarnished. I could name other numerous examples of changes in baseball that were going to ruin the integrity of the game. Just another chapter.........:mad:

skyking26
02-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Arod's stock is falling fast... Got a ways to go to get down to McGwire area, but it's on it's way!!

stlgroundskeeper
02-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I am in no way advocating using steroids but since the beginning of baseball player shave cheated in some way to get themselves to a higher level. Pitchers who used spitballs back in the day were cheating to get an edge. I heard a while back about some kind of red concoction drink that was used back in the days of Mickey mantle that was giving the players then an edge. (I just heard that so I dont really know) Everybody is quick to throw today's players under the bus but in all actuality it is really the sam booik just a different chapter. There is always going to be an edge and thats just how its going to be. This is just my opinion. I played baseball in high school and didn't take any kind of performance enhancers but some of the guys who started over me did. I dont feel cheated in anyway. Thats just how it is. Even in the workplace there is going to eb somebody who has an edge to get the better job or what not. Just my two cents take it for what its worth.

Swoboda4
02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
http://a.abc.com/media/primetime/lifeonmars/images/season/1/bios/harveykeitel/gallery/01.jpg
Lt. Hunt: Listen up boys and girls. Pete Rose is no good. He bet ON baseball,that means the day before, John Franco wasn't used to save a game because Rose wanted him fresh for the next game he bet on. Don't be stupid. He put his best out on games he bet to the detriment of the previous game. Tell them Det Carling.
http://a.abc.com/media/primetime/lifeonmars/images/season/1/bios/michaelimperioli/gallery/01.jpg
Det Carling: "Is there a steriod to make you hit in the clutch and not just multiple HRs late in a game when the Yanks are already winning 7-1? Apparently not and as far as Rose and A-Rod there both cans of cancer."
http://images.broadwayworld.com/upload/22479/tn-500_32.jpg
"Thank you Det Carling, now get back to your cases and start typing those fives you owe me."

tbone90
02-09-2009, 01:17 PM
I can be put in the "nobody" catagory as well. I'll look to add to my collection with drastically reduced prices on A-Rod items... but there won't be any.

It's unfortunate that one name gets "leaked" out of 104 but a surprise...absolutely not. It is sad for baseball. The steroids era has carved it's place in basball history just like many others in the past 100+ years.

But not many can say they've dug in against 90+ mph fastballs for 15 major leagues seasons and boast a .302 lifetime batting average. You can shoot it up and you can bulk it up but you still have to lay the wood on them.

intheminors
02-09-2009, 01:47 PM
It was bound to happen, it was just a case of which name came out.

I have two A-Rod items: A game-used Texas Rangers bat and an autographed bat purchased from Steiner Sports. I had almost listed the autographed bat when the news came out and then decided to hold onto it. He'll always have fans and there will always be a market for his items. Yes, it may decline but there will still be a market.

Kyle

allstarsplus
02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
ESPN Newsflash ---Looks like ARod may have admitted to using performing enhancing drugs! Whoa....

MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW!

nycsports
02-09-2009, 02:32 PM
WFAN radio in NYC, is reporting that A-Rod admitted in the ESPN interview w/ Peter Gammons (that will air tonight) that he used steroids from 2001-2003.

Mr.3000
02-09-2009, 02:41 PM
This is not directed at anyone in particular..but to most as a whole...

What amazes me most is all of the naive fans and collectors that are in such an uproar and acting so shocked. From people trying to dump their A-Rod items to others boo-hooing about to the trolls who think it's amusing.

It's the era we are in...and hopefully nearing the end.

At this point, who cares. And I mean..who cares about the semantics. We need to rib baseball, as a whole, of steroids. We can assume most players, over the past several decades, have used. From pitchers to HR leaders to obscure players in the minors.....nobody is currently beyond reproach.

To the MLB:

Get a new commissioner! Then, put in place an drug screening policy that actually happens. It's not random when the biggest stars know it's coming. Make suitable punishments for positive tests and STAND BY THEM! Lastly, put some space between the media and the league. By letting information like this leak out you are doing more damage to the sport on a whole than to the individual player. Had A-rod been dealt with swiftly and severely in 2003 we wouldn't be in the midst of yet another media circus today. I blame you MLB....and I blame Bud Selig. Rules are in place for EVERY player no matter their status, not just a select few that the league deems "collateral damage".

We've (fans) survived strikes, WS scandals, banned heroes and much more. Let's get past this most recent dark era of baseball. It's more than time to move on.

allstarsplus
02-09-2009, 02:41 PM
ESPN Newsflash ---Looks like ARod may have admitted to using performing enhancing drugs! Whoa....

MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW!

Our local ESPN 980 radio show just played the audio of the Peter Gammons interview with ARod. He admitted that he used performance enhancing products from 2001 to 2003 while with the Texas Rangers.

flaco1801
02-09-2009, 03:19 PM
a rookie finally makes the big leagues... he sees all this natural talent abusing steroids.... he HAS to use just to break even...

chakes89
02-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Rafael Palemeiro probably turned him onto Steroids

Raffy had 47 HR 123 RBI that season at age 36

chakes89
02-09-2009, 03:26 PM

2001 Season

BULBUS
02-09-2009, 03:36 PM

It could have been Palmeiro, or one of the many other Rangers users:

Juan Gonzalez
Jose Canseco
Pudge Rodriguez

Vintagedeputy
02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Every era is plagued by something. Ruth was a womanizer. Mantle was a drunk who got blow jobs in the dugout. Pete Rose bet on baseball, Dock Ellis pitched a no hitter on LSD, Barry Bonds, Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry, blah blah blah. I dont like it anymore than anyone else.

These guys are human. They make mistakes that they hope no one will find out about, just like us. We as fans take our chances spending hard earned dollars buying game used stuff, going to games, getting autographs - and no one here is immune from the same pressures. No one here or anywhere lives in a glass house. Clinton was screwing an intern, J. Edgar Hoover dressed in drag, the Governor of Illinois tried to sell a Senate seat. Stuff happens to everyone, ballplayers, politicians, cops, construction workers, computer programmers, etc.

So how do we fix it? Stress steroid testing. Try to talk to players about the evils of performance enhancing drugs. Do whatever is neccesary to protect the integrity of the game. One of the things that I've tried to focus on in my collecting goals is some of the newer, younger guys who try to play the game without getting caught up in the nonsense. It ain't easy, but if they try all we can do as fans is hope for the best.

eisenreich8
02-09-2009, 04:23 PM
I hear you Vintagedeputy. This is why I admire and pretty much exclusively collect the one player whom I feel was beyond reproach during and after his playing days: Jim Eisenreich. A true role model. Not the only one, but the one for me.

metsbats
02-09-2009, 07:52 PM
"I want to thank the
Good Lord for making
this the only ARod item
I own" --David Louie February 2009