PDA

View Full Version : Orioles need to retire #8 throughout the system

bigtime59
04-14-2006, 09:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/CAL-RIPKEN-JR-GAME-WORN-ORIOLES-JERSEY-with-PHOTOS_W0QQitemZ8796525672QQcategoryZ24888QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is NOT a Cal Ripken game worn jersey.
Rawlings did not make Orioles MAJOR LEAGUE BP jerseys with this script pattern. Note the one-button style, lack of jock tag, presence of neck tag, and placement of Rawlings "R" logo on the left sleeve. This would be a Bluefield or Gulf Coast Orioles jersey. Still a nice piece, just about 11X overpriced.

Yankwood
04-15-2006, 06:40 AM
Even if it's real, it's still ugly. Orange and black. Ecchhhh! Looks like Halloween. Who's responsible for dreaming up that hideous color scheme anyway? Does anyone accept the blame for that? GOOD GOD! ! !

suave1477
04-15-2006, 03:36 PM
I find it innteresting you say its not real or that they dont make jerseys like this, The guy ha a photo of one of the players wearing the same jersey? So he has photo evidence showing this jersey being worn, can you please explain how its not real?

bigtime59
04-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Even if it's real, it's still ugly. Orange and black. Ecchhhh! Looks like Halloween. Who's responsible for dreaming up that hideous color scheme anyway? Does anyone accept the blame for that? GOOD GOD! ! !

Blame the bird...:rolleyes:

suave1477
04-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Bigtime any answer?

bigtime59
04-15-2006, 08:46 PM
I find it innteresting you say its not real or that they dont make jerseys like this, The guy ha a photo of one of the players wearing the same jersey? So he has photo evidence showing this jersey being worn, can you please explain how its not real?

Please re-read my original post. I never said the jersey wasn't real. I said the jersey was not a major league piece, and could not have been worn by Cal Ripken.
The seller has included several photos of Orioles players wearing black mesh jerseys. No argument there. However, what you can't see in those photos is that the MAJOR LEAGUE Orioles jerseys were made by Majestic, did not have neck tags, and had two-button plackets, not one-button. From these photos, you couldn't really tell if these players were wearing jerseys or t-shirts.
What the seller has is a MINOR LEAGUE jersey.

bigtime59
04-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Bigtime any answer?

See my reply. I was playing in a softball tournament all day. (Wearing black Majestic two-button jerseys! :D )

suave1477
04-16-2006, 12:02 PM
ok no problem Bigtime I was just curious how you came up with your statement, thanks for clearing it up. By the way I hope you didnt get your jerseys dirty lol lol:D

bigtime59
04-17-2006, 07:57 PM
ok no problem Bigtime I was just curious how you came up with your statement, thanks for clearing it up. By the way I hope you didnt get your jerseys dirty lol lol:D

Filthy, actually. Spent some time in the dirt on Saturday. :eek:

bigtime59
04-17-2006, 07:58 PM

Oh, and the jersey's got nothing on the HAT, if you must know! :p