PDA

View Full Version : PCM Sports - What gives?

bigtruck260
02-06-2009, 08:39 PM
There are many sellers who do this - so PCM is not exclusive, but this auction sums up why I do not trust many dealers in the bat collecting hobby. The auction is for a GAME USED Brett Wallace bat (Major Cards prospect), but the description notes that the bat has no use - just a couple of grass stains on the top of the barrel...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brett-Wallace-Signed-Game-Used-Bat-Cardinals-w-COA-Pic_W0QQitemZ310120458180QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item310120458180&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

The bat is signed and has their hologram and is listed for a starting bid of $99. The question is -

Why falsely advertise a bat as game used and switch it to unused in the description? Are you counting on newbies to not read the entire listing before snatching it up as a 'bargain'?

Again, I've about had it with these big dealers and 'auction houses' - I'll stick to the guys on this board who I trust. If I lose a few that I need, so be it.

allstarsplus
02-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Strictly to get more people finding it in a Search as "Game Used" is a major search.

eBay will remove a listing like that if it is reported for deceptive search

I just noticed that Brett Wallace inscribed it "Game Used". What's up with that?

Shanefan
02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
No response from PCM seems to tell the story.

Purchased "game used" gloves from these fellas that were stiff as boards and showed no game use. Had player sign it as game used. Used this as their explanation of game use.

BIGSTIG
02-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Guys, I am not going to make excuses for their lack of response, or using the term "game used" so lightly. Though I will say that Scott is a VERY nice guy and that I recieved a game used glove that came from them, that is straight up disgusting and shows TONS of use. I also dealt with them to get a pair of cleats and hat and the deal was smooth, and the equipment was GREAT again. Just my input.

frikativ54
02-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Guys, I am not going to make excuses for their lack of response, or using the term "game used" so lightly. Though I will say that Scott is a VERY nice guy and that I recieved a game used glove that came from them, that is straight up disgusting and shows TONS of use. I also dealt with them to get a pair of cleats and hat and the deal was smooth, and the equipment was GREAT again. Just my input.

Can you scan the game-used fielder's glove. Any time someone says "disgusting" and "glove" in the same sentence, I have to see it!

b.heagy
02-07-2009, 07:41 AM
maybe its a strike out bat :p

allstarsplus
02-07-2009, 08:54 AM

I actually emailed Chris Cavalier after I posted my 1st post to delete it as I saw afterwards the "Game Used" inscription from the player so based on that I guess it would be game used so my thoughts are that there could be a few explanations on why the bat was so clean and there is only a grass stain like:

maybe its a strike out bat :p

I have also purchased from Scott and he has some really nice stuff.

b.heagy
02-07-2009, 09:02 AM
I have also purchased from Scott and he has some really nice stuff.[/quote]

I agree the seller has nice items. Only referring to the bat on topic.

BIGSTIG
02-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Frik,

I do not want to hijack bigtrucks post here with pics. I put pics of the Aramis Ramirez glove in the "Lets see your gloves" post a couple weeks back. Here is the link

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=22234&page=5

PCM Sports
02-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Here is our official reply to bat gate:

First off, we want to thank all our loyal buyer for standing up and letting people know about the quality of our items. Next, we want to apologize to BigTruck for the emotional damage we seemed to have caused him by having to make that extra click on ebay to see the entire listing. I realize that this took some time and effort away from playing with his "big truck" (most likely a name to over compensate for a tiny compact, but i digress).

We are a very upstanding company. The player told us it was game used and signed it and inscribed it game used. We then took it upon ourselves to be upfront and let you all know that the bat showed limited to no game use. If we are wrong for being so honest, i again apologize. If anyone has any questions on game used items, we are always willing to help. When we get stupid emails from morons upset because they actually had to read the entire listing and could not just bid on an item off the small alloted space we are allowed for the auction listing, we ignore those emails because we only want educated customers not just any tom, dick, or bigtruck.

In closing, again, we apologize to BigTruck and will expect a thank you note from his therapist because we are sure that this whole thing has sent him running back for a visit.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

PCM Sports

whatupyos
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
PCM Sports:

Look, you could have responded without the digs in there at Big Truck. That was not necessary and makes you/your company look less than professional. I understand that you had to respond, and might feel wrongly accused but you could have taken a higher road. Instead you chose to get back at him by getting some digs in there and might lose business because of your lack of professionalism in dealing with people who have questions.

Aaron

P.S. A name to your post might be nice so we know who you are.

cigarman44
02-07-2009, 04:23 PM
PCM Sports:

Look, you could have responded without the digs in there at Big Truck. That was not necessary and makes you/your company look less than professional. I understand that you had to respond, and might feel wrongly accused but you could have taken a higher road. Instead you chose to get back at him by getting some digs in there and might lose business because of your lack of professionalism in dealing with people who have questions.

Aaron

P.S. A name to your post might be nice so we know who you are.

+1

suicide_squeeze
02-07-2009, 04:32 PM

First off, we want to thank all our loyal buyer for standing up and letting people know about the quality of our items. Next, we want to apologize to BigTruck for the emotional damage we seemed to have caused him by having to make that extra click on ebay to see the entire listing. I realize that this took some time and effort away from playing with his "big truck" (most likely a name to over compensate for a tiny compact, but i digress).

We are a very upstanding company. The player told us it was game used and signed it and inscribed it game used. We then took it upon ourselves to be upfront and let you all know that the bat showed limited to no game use. If we are wrong for being so honest, i again apologize. If anyone has any questions on game used items, we are always willing to help. When we get stupid emails from morons upset because they actually had to read the entire listing and could not just bid on an item off the small alloted space we are allowed for the auction listing, we ignore those emails because we only want educated customers not just any tom, dick, or bigtruck.

In closing, again, we apologize to BigTruck and will expect a thank you note from his therapist because we are sure that this whole thing has sent him running back for a visit.

PCM Sports

You want educated customers?

I am a college graduate, graduated in the top 5% of my class in fact.

After your attack on a guy with a somewhat legit "expression of dismay" over your listing, no matter what anyone's opinion including yours is of his expression, I wouldn't buy didly squat from your company.

You essentially just called every single potential customer of yours a "moron" for questioning the way you handled one of your items.

Nice move. You apparently aren't intelligent enough to know how to respond in a professional manner.

Now go back to ebay. The lemmings are looking to spend their $3.23 on a nice item you have listed.

PCM Sports
02-08-2009, 05:14 PM
congrats on graduating in the top 5% from your college (or community college). That and $5 will get you a footlong sub at subway!

spartakid
02-08-2009, 05:39 PM
PCM- I believe you are acting in a manner which is uncommendable and the personal attacks are unneccesary and have nothing to do with the matter at hand. Outrageous conduct. Do you have multiple PhDs or something, becuase the way you're putting people down I would assume as much?

treasurechest collectibles
02-08-2009, 05:42 PM
pcm....keep diggin your own grave.

Birdbats
02-08-2009, 06:34 PM
I was watching the Wallace bat on eBay, but I've deleted it from my watch list after reading PCM's replies on this thread. I no longer have any interest in doing business with them, regardless of the item. I feel bad for Wallace and other athletes who have put their trust in a company that represents itself and them so unprofessionally.

Mr.3000
02-08-2009, 06:51 PM

PCM Sports

Wow. Thank you for showing your true colors. I certainly won't do business with anyone who comes off as you just have in this post. A real classless reply to an honest concern in this hobby. Calling him a moron and insinuating that he needs a psychiatrist? Not to mention the overall nasty sarcasm.

Like I said, classless.

b.heagy
02-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Not all publicity is GOOD publicity. Hate to see a company react to potential customers in this manner. What a shame........

GarkoCollector
02-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Makes me wonder if the person in charge of PCM is NOT the person posting as PCM.

No legitimate business would blatantly and openly call out people on a broad spectrum in this manner. I'd be interested in hearing more from PCM before I put them in the wood burner.

b.heagy
02-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Makes me wonder if the person in charge of PCM is NOT the person posting as PCM.

No legitimate business would blatantly and openly call out people on a broad spectrum in this manner. I'd be interested in hearing more from PCM before I put them in the wood burner.

I thought of that as well, but then again you would think the right person would be directed to this thread via eBay or other means. Time will tell I guess.

cigarman44
02-08-2009, 07:48 PM
I thought of that as well, but then again you would think the right person would be directed to this thread via eBay or other means. Time will tell I guess.

I know people that have dealt with them before with the same results. Nothing new. Him coming back on here lying and saying it was "someone else" posting for the company won't change my view. I guess if you want to lose business you might as well start with the biggest game used forum out there! :rolleyes:

GarkoCollector
02-08-2009, 07:52 PM
The only issue I have with PCM is regarding an item I bought that has a PCM sticker on it, but no COA. I asked them if they could reissue a COA with a matching number corresponding to the sticker on my item. They told me they havent done that in the past and they "dont plan to do so in the future."

Seems like something that a company would do provided you could show ownership of an item.

xpress34
02-08-2009, 08:01 PM

BigStig -

If you have dealt with them, maybe you could write Scott and direct him to this post to verify whether he or one of his staff is making these questionable - obviously professional suicide - posts insulting board members.

- Chris

skyliner59
09-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Fellas, please don't question if this is Scott Bronstein/PCM Sports. These are the same outrageous remarks he sent me when I purchased one of his cardboard, unused "game used" gloves from him on ebay a few years back. He has players sign promo gloves as game used and pawns them off as such. Then treats the you the buyer as a bad guy for questioning his product. I am sure some of his items are legit but I know for a fact that some are not. I own one of them. My advice when dealing with him is to request multiple photos and have him put in writing the exact use regardless of a player scribing "game used"..