PDA

View Full Version : Aki Iwamura Nike Bat question

jetersbatboy
02-06-2009, 12:19 AM
I just picked up an Aki bat and it shows good use but no pine tar. I have searched Getty images and the forum. Which I have found images of him using tar near the center branding and at the knob but never together, and no tar at all. Is this common with him?
Thanks scott

camarokids
02-06-2009, 10:36 AM
I just picked up an Aki bat and it shows good use but no pine tar. I have searched Getty images and the forum. Which I have found images of him using tar near the center branding and at the knob but never together, and no tar at all. Is this common with him?
Thanks scott

The bat on the bottom sure looks familiar....:D

Congrats on the pickup! I was wondering if you were the one who bought it...

I think the pics I added might be a match to mine...

Your bat could have been lightly used then given away???

jetersbatboy
02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
David,
Here's some pictures of the bat, what do you think? It shows a ton of use, seam impression all over the barrel. The handle doesn't show a lot of wear, but it has that typical darkening on the knob. I think it comes from him rubbing down the knob with his black batting gloves?? Any thoughts??? One more thing I know he is a left handed hitter but the bat doesn't show that trait. Does your bat show makes all over the barrel? It looks to in the picture you have up.
Thanks Scott

camarokids
02-06-2009, 07:19 PM
HI Scott,

That is a sweet looking bat you have there.

Very nice!

If I had the money to spend, I would have bought it. My bat has ball marks all throughout the bat.

Maybe Aki, sometimes uses tar and sometimes not???

Chris Boyd (egameused) just sold a 2008 Aki, maybe he can post pics if he still has them?

I don't recall the bat that he sold having pine tar....

jetersbatboy
02-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks David, I was really surprised with the amount of use! The pics the seller had mad the bat look almost game issued. When I got it yesterday I was happily surprised to see the with good use. THANKS AGAIN FOR POINTING THE BAT OUT.

Chris if you read this can you post some pictures of the bat you sold or comment on the tar?

Thanks Scott

camarokids
06-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Scott,
Do you still have this bat?