PDA

View Full Version : World Baseball Classic Auto's?

oakesc8855
02-05-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm hopefully going to the WBC in toronto this March I was just wondering if anyone has been to see USA in the WBC classic the last time and if they signed, who signed who didnt all that good stuff.

cjw
02-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi..I didn't go tot the WBC games last time, so I can't speak to the access to players etc then, but worked for 10 years at the Rogers Centre in Toronto and tell you little about access for the upcoming WBC games in Toronto.

If you stay in the Marriott Renaisaance Hotel Downton (the full name of the Hotel in the stadium) you will have unfettered access to many of the players. Many will also stay there, meet there in the looby or rest/bar after the games and with a room key you will one of the few not to be asked to leave the lobby. The Stadium has a great gym that is frenquented by players and with your room key you will have access here too.

If you choose not to stay at the hotel, you can try standing outside the htel entrance by gate 15, outdide a players entrance at Gate 10 for before and after game access.

In game...not sure how the security may differ from Jays games, but thye should open the stadium up to the public at least 1/12 hours before game time. Buy a lower bowl (100 level) ticket (even the cheapes outfield seats will do) and you will have access to the fence by the dugouts etc. Upper leverl tix will force you to dodge securiyt to gain lower bowl access.

Enjoy! Wish I could head back to T.O. in March (no vacation time left). chris