PDA

View Full Version : Fanfest Items (Any team)

fanboy1217
02-04-2009, 02:51 PM
I was wondering who got what from their respective Team's Fest?
I went to Soxfest for the whole weekend and here is what i brought home.

In Person Autographs
Carlos Quentin on 2008 AS Ball
Chris Getz on ROMLB
Dewayne Wise on ROMLB
Adam Russell on ROMLB
Clayton Richard on ROMLB
Gavin Floyd on ROMLB
John Danks on ROMLB
Alexi Ramirez on 16X20 Grand Slam vs Detroit and on a ROMLB

Mark Salas
Jeff Cox
Kevin Hickey
Ron Kittle w. 83 AL ROY on ROMLB and on a Topps Indians Card
Southpaw on a Southpaw Postcard (signed these after you took your picture with him)

White Sox Garage Sale
Home Alternate Boone Logan GU jersey $50
Home Javier Vasquez GU Jersey $50
GU Pablo Ozuna Bat $20
GU Toby Hall Bat $20
3 Grab Bags (2 Swisher Bobbleheads + Jerry Owens Ball) there were other things, but these were the good prizes.

So who else scored what?

nationals2k9
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Got me some new shoes.....

chakes89
02-04-2009, 05:14 PM
At Redsfest in December I picked up a Josh Roenicke game used Road Jersey

cardinals0103
02-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Went to the KC Royals fanfest 2 weeks ago.
As expected, their GU stuff was crap as far as player selection.

Here's what I ended up with:

Bought a JP Howell 2005 Home White Jersey $40
Brian Bannister Powder Blue tshirt jersey $5
Got these photo autos:
Luke Hochevar (2006 #1 Pick inscription)
Daniel Cortes
Billy Butler

allstarsplus
02-04-2009, 07:50 PM
These were the Opening Day 2008 jerseys I won at auction at the Nationals FanFest. The cool thing is the Zimmerman was worn for his WALK OFF HOME RUN on Opening Day!!!:D

grenda12
02-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Sox Fest!

Autographs
- Jermaine Dye ROMLB inscribed w/ "WS MVP"
- Carlos Quentin ROMLB inscribed w/ "08 Silver Slugger"
- Brian Anderson game used bat of his
- Brian Anderson ROMLB

Sox Garage Sale
- Toby Hall GU Bat
- Chris Widger GU Bat
- Pablo Ozuna GU Bat

frikativ54
02-05-2009, 03:48 AM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/FanFest14.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/frikativ54/FanFest15.jpg

Yuniesky Betancourt helmet

kylehess10
02-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Here's a picture of the room filled with all the stuff I got from the Atlanta Braves Fanfest this year:

http://www.orangevillageapts.com/images/gallery/orange_village_apts_empty_room.jpg

oh wait.....nevermind....the Braves didn't have a fanfest this year :rolleyes:

xpress34
02-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Here's a picture of the room filled with all the stuff I got from the Atlanta Braves Fanfest this year:

http://www.orangevillageapts.com/images/gallery/orange_village_apts_empty_room.jpg

oh wait.....nevermind....the Braves didn't have a fanfest this year :rolleyes:

LOL!!! That makes me feel a little better about the Rockies 'FanFest' - but you could only get a ticket to get in if you were a Season Ticket Holder - and ONLY 5,000 people.

But, since the Rockies did their last 'Winter Caravan' (similar to what I'm hearing the D-Backs are doing this year) this was the Rockies first 'Fan Fest' type thing since 2004.

- Chris

BULBUS
02-05-2009, 08:53 AM
The Yankees havent had a fanfest since the one after the 1996 season :(

shoremen44
02-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Anyone know about the Orioles???... it looks like it is going to be a glorified scrimmage...

are they selling GU pieces?

fanboy1217
02-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I did better this year than my previous other 2 years of going. In 2008 we only went on saturday and sunday. Big Pickup was AJ Pierzynski on a bat and my jersey. Then on sunday we picked up Swisher on a Bat and a Ball because Thome was able to attend. In 2007 we only went on sunday. The only autographs I got were Konerko on a Bat and Rob Mackowiak on Ball. The key this year was that my fiance only wanted Quentin, once she got her 8X10 signed she was ready to do my bidding.

WadeInBmore
02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Bert,

Last year they had a TON of jerseys, tables full stacks and stack, a big old pile of hats, about 20 Tejada bats, perhaps even a pair of pants or two and thats all I remember. If you wanted a Trombley jersey or a Bruce Chen jersey they you were in luck...there was they occassional "oriole semi-star" as I believe I saw a Chris Benson jersey amongst some others, but I felt they were all ridiculously priced, $250 i think? Jerseys were new stock and older...felt like they had some late 90's player, Pat Hentgen maybe?

The hats I recall were in the $15 price range. Use varied, most only had a number written in the brim. The Tejada bats were $150. I didn't get any game used items as I felt they were all over priced, in my opinion, for what/who they were offering.

I think Geoff did get some nice items, but he got there when the doors first opened and I believe he stuck around in that shop (Game Used was sold in a store in the Warehouse, I don't recall the name) all day. Perhaps he could chime in. I'm a little fuzzy on the specifics but thats what I remember. I hope they offer game used again this year, but with more reasonable prices like some of these other MLB clubs do...I would pay 50-100 for a common O's jersey.

It would also be nice to see some Markakis or Jones items offered this year, I'm kinda jealous of the Chicago folks b/c of the possibility of purchasing a Thome or a Griffey. The O's are headed in the right direction with the quantity of items, lets just hope they give us a better value of said gear.

wade

grenda12
02-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I did better this year than my previous other 2 years of going. In 2008 we only went on saturday and sunday. Big Pickup was AJ Pierzynski on a bat and my jersey. Then on sunday we picked up Swisher on a Bat and a Ball because Thome was able to attend. In 2007 we only went on sunday. The only autographs I got were Konerko on a Bat and Rob Mackowiak on Ball. The key this year was that my fiance only wanted Quentin, once she got her 8X10 signed she was ready to do my bidding.

Funny, Quentin was who I was after also on Saturday. Everything for 12 on Saturday was gone. My boyfriend and I ended up both standing in Anderson's line, so 2 wristbands there. Those were the 2 important ones for me this year to get.

fanboy1217
02-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Funny, Quentin was who I was after also on Saturday. Everything for 12 on Saturday was gone. My boyfriend and I ended up both standing in Anderson's line, so 2 wristbands there. Those were the 2 important ones for me this year to get.

this year it seemed more organized. maybe it was just me but with some planning and strategy is was not a headache like it has been. don't even get me started with bears fest. i'll never go to that again. Maybe we will do the blackhawks convention in July.

grenda12
02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
this year it seemed more organized. maybe it was just me but with some planning and strategy is was not a headache like it has been. don't even get me started with bears fest. i'll never go to that again. Maybe we will do the blackhawks convention in July.

I agree with you. I felt like this year I knew where I was going more than I did last year. Still dont like the whole wristband idea.

nkeubie@embarqmail.com
02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Went to Royals fanfest this year and had a pretty good day.

Game used:
1 Affeldt game used jersey
4 Justin Huber game used jersey's
1 Brian Bannister game used TBTC Negro League jersey
1 game used Joakim Soria TBTC Negro League hat

Auto's of: Coco Crisp, Zack Greinke, Alex Gordon, Billy Butler, Miguel Olivo, Kyle Davies, Luke Hochever, Shane Costa, Kevin Seitzer, and probably another guy or two I can't remember right now.

geoff
02-06-2009, 01:36 AM
Wade I was there most of the Day coming in and out of the Sale Last Year.I do remember prices were high but went down as the Day went on.Tejada Bats were $80.00 I remember.I picked up a Garrett Olson Jersey for $150.00.I did get a few Tejada Bats also.I picked up a Hentgen Jersey and sold that and did get a few Benson Jerseys as well along with Others.I do still have most of them but did sell a few on EBAY.I sold the Hentgen to a Forum Member.My Favorite Jersey along with the Olson I bought was a Chad Bradford Jersey.I will be going again this Year for sure and hope to meet up with a few Members like I did last Year.I don't think they will have any of the top Stars though but who knows for sure.I hope I can get a few Bargains this Year like the Game Used Hats that were $10.00 and dropped to $5.00 I think.