PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Ellsbury Bats

rjdgonebats
02-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Besides his normal natural X bat. Do any of you Red Sox fans out there. Know what other make & Model bats he uses. Any help would be appreciated.

matt
02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Ellsbury deviated from the usual x-bat for a period in Aug and Sept in 2008 and used a bunch of Dustin Pedroia's gwynn finished M9's and a few black H&B's in 1-2 games. Maybe he was slumping so bad he was trying new bats!

I think those games were the first week in sept or so. Then he went right back to natural x-bats from my recollection. I am sure H&B would love to get him switched over, but it looked to me like he only used a handful of H&B bats w/ his name on them last year. Maybe one was the e55M that is for sale. Dunno.

maccamania
02-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Ellsbury deviated from the usual x-bat for a period in Aug and Sept in 2008 and used a bunch of Dustin Pedroia's gwynn finished M9's and a few black H&B's in 1-2 games. Maybe he was slumping so bad he was trying new bats!

I think those games were the first week in sept or so. Then he went right back to natural x-bats from my recollection. I am sure H&B would love to get him switched over, but it looked to me like he only used a handful of H&B bats w/ his name on them last year. Maybe one was the e55M that is for sale. Dunno.

Matt,
you are correct on both parts on the type of bats when he changed from X-bats for a short time, here are 2 examples, one of each !!!

rjdgonebats
02-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the help guys any other bats he may have used???

matt
02-02-2009, 11:59 PM
I really don't think he used any other bats last year in games. I watched almost every game.

M

maccamania
02-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I did hear that Jacoby used a Rawlings Big Stick, but I could never find a picture of him using it.