PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Agents For Game Used

spartakid
02-01-2009, 08:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not collectors can contact a player's agent and request to buy a game used item? I was looking to get a game used glove specifically, as I haven't had any luck getting one so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ricardo

yanks12025
02-01-2009, 08:39 PM
This is kinda different then what your asking. But the booking agent for Nate Colbert asked me to help him find a Nate Colbert game used bat or a store model bat. So next time he see's Nate he can have him sign it. So if anyone knows where i can pick one up it would be great. Thanks

spartakid
02-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Wouldn't that just go in the item wanted section?

yanks12025
02-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Well i posted it because it kinda went along with the agent and game used items.

And with some agents im sure you can contact them and see if you can buy something. But i would say most of them will no because most of the players items goes to someone else, like A-rod with MVP.

AndersonAuthentics
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
99.9% of the time, not a chance. It isn't really worth it for a player to go out of his way to sell a single item for a few hundred bucks, so the agents will more than likely not even reply (or reply and try and convince you to hold a signing and whatnot). Most agents won't even consider taking an offer to the player unless it meets a minimum dollar amount (lower end guys it is around $2.5-3k, higher end $35-50k).

Wouldn't hurt to try, as all players/agents are different, but it might be better to go directly to the player if at all possible.

spartakid
02-01-2009, 09:33 PM
You're probably right, I guess I'll just have to buy it throught the dealer (middleman) and just be able to stomach the price increase they use for their profit.:(

Dewey2007
02-01-2009, 09:54 PM
I've tried writing to a couple of agents asking if they could help in securing a player donation for the sports exhibit I'm helping to coordinate. Not even a courtesy response from two of them and the other was kind enough to at least forward my letter onto the player's foundation.

From my brief experience I would say save your .42 cent stamp. I would guess that sports agents don't care about much unless it's making their player and themselves lots of money.

camarokids
02-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I was looking to get a game used glove specifically, as I haven't had any luck getting one so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ricardo

You gotta keep watching....

A really nice signed Denny Neagle Wilson A2000, manufactured in Dec 2002 went for only $152.50 on ebay last week...

I got the seller to give me the date code.....

Then, I called Wilson Sports myself and got the date of manufacture code deciphered. It was a Rockies glove so I did not want it.....

search on ebay "game used glove".....

spartakid
02-01-2009, 11:39 PM
thanks David, I did see the Neagle glove, but I decided against it. thanks for the heads up though, Ricardo

camarokids
02-03-2009, 10:59 AM
email message sent ! I found a glove for you!

ballofbases@hotmail.com
02-04-2009, 03:00 PM
It's really not worth your time to try and write an agent and get them to respond. Most of them won't take the time to do it or will just pass it down to someone else to take care of it. As for getting game used equipment, your best luck is to go through the player directly. It is the agents job to get the most money possible for an item or signing, so that is not going to be your best chance at getting one item and getting a cheap price. I can say this because I worked for a baseball agency and this is how we did business for our clients. You may have a better chance with a smaller name agent that has just a handful of clients though. Best of luck in your search.

Michael
Ballofbases@Hotmail.com