PDA

View Full Version : best way to get auto off jersey #

clinton2828
02-01-2009, 05:19 PM
i just won a 2008 game worn nfl jersey from hunt auction and it is autoed on the back #. i hate autos , so dose anyone have a good idea or the best way to remove it .
thanks!

jayt1234
02-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Nothing will get it off correctly. I tried every option and ruined a jersey this past fall. Once a sharpie sets into fabric or cleats is seems pretty set.

Jay

Sluggo
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
What color is the number?

i just won a 2008 game worn nfl jersey...

clinton2828
02-01-2009, 10:20 PM
number is white and the ink is black but not that bold

kings418
02-01-2009, 10:56 PM
I would avoid trying to get an auto off of a number. I have removed autos from durene and knit material with great results. I use a product called Spot Shot. It is a carpet cleaner that can be bought at most stores.

Vince

Sluggo
02-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Does the signed number have any other field wear or staining from use? If so, skip the rest of this and leave it signed :D , but if not...

If it were me, I'd find a local sporting goods store that makes unis for the HS football team.

Ask them if they have any white scraps or remnants of the number / letter material that they'll give to you. The bigger the scrap, the better.

Scribble a few different kinds of black marker on the material and let it dry. It's probably sharpie?

Try dabbing a couple different cleaners on the different scribbles and see if anything works? I'd probably use straight clorox with a q-tip or something you can focus.

(I don't know if any of this will work, but you asked for ideas in the original msg and these were my thoughts. Do anything here at your own risk! Use cleaners in a well-ventilated area! Please be careful.)

mrgoalie34
02-02-2009, 08:33 PM
I`ve removed a few autographs in the past by using a product called Spot Shot which is used for cleaning carpets. What I did was spray the product directly on the ink and let it soak for 20-30 minutes. I then hit it again with the product and use a tooth brush. Seems to work for me...Spot Shot can be purchased at any Walgreens or CVS..

clinton2828
02-02-2009, 09:05 PM
thanks guys ill try it out see what happens

sonic
02-03-2009, 12:09 AM
I've heard that autographs on fabric eventually disappear because the fabric swallows up the ink. I'm not sure that I believe it, but I thought I'd pose the question to the forum. Has anyone observed this phenomenon on an item they own?