PDA

View Full Version : Went To The Braves Game And Got 2 Game Used Baseballs!!!!!! Got Pics Too!

kylehess10
04-12-2006, 11:16 PM
I went to the Braves/White Sox exibition on April 1st and I actually caught 2 balls! What are the odds that me,a game used collector,just so happens to catch 2 balls in 1 game?! I did the smart thing though when I caught both baseballs; I wrote down as much info as I could so that when I get home, I could find out every person who used the ball. The first one was a foul ball,pitched by Jon Garland and hit by Matt Diaz. It bounced off some guys' glove and I quickly picked it up. The second ball could have a lot of value I think. It was used during an entire 4-pitch at-bat! Jorge Sosa was the pitcher,Clint Sammons was the catcher,Andy Gonzalez hit the ball,and Matt Diaz caught the ball to end the inning then he threw it to me. Good thing I recorded the game! It took awhile but I took tons of pictures on my TV and got good screen-shots of the baseballs in action which I put on my website: http://www.freewebs.com/gameused/mygameusedmemorablia.htm Also, I met tons of players. I brought $120 worth of brand new Braves hats with me and I met the following players (who I got autographs from): Jeff Francoeur,Marcus Giles,Horacio Ramirez,Chris Reitsma,and Mike Remlinger.

skipcareyisfat
04-13-2006, 01:39 PM
kylehess10 - Thought you'd like to know that the Braves clubhouse store at the CNN Center here in Atlanta has a few Rafael Furcal g/u items for sale as of this afternoon: hat w/ american flag, #1 under brim, decent use for $50; 2004 batting helmet, cracked, number 1 on brim and back have been removed and replaced with another number (the team seems to throw random numbers on some of their helmets although I seriously doubt it was used by anyone other than Furcal) for $100; several game used bats (not sure of the cost).
-Jason

kylehess10
04-13-2006, 04:20 PM
$50 for his hat?! Wow thats an incredible price. I gotta get down there ASAP. Thanks!

2000mvpfan
04-13-2006, 11:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rafael-Furcal-Game-Used-HR-4-Bat-and-Batting-Gloves-ASI_W0QQitemZ8796182550QQcategoryZ60596QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Here you go...opening bid $9.99.Have Fun!

Joe

kylehess10
04-14-2006, 07:58 AM
2000mvpfan- Thanks for posting that auction. I just so happen to have Furcal's cleats from his 2nd homerun from the 2003 season so that would be pretty awesome if I had that to go along with it

djusticefan
04-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Hi, I am the seller of that auction and it really is a great set but I need the money for other things I want. If you have any questions or want any specific pictures e-mail me at skinsfan2689@hotmail.com or you can ask them here so i can reply for others to see.