PDA

View Full Version : O/T "Giants of a different breed"

bscott
01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, but I can't wait to see a photo of two new S.F. Giants standing next to each other: Tim Lincecum and Randy Johnson. Lincecum probably comes up the letters on Johnson's jersey.

Even more off topic: this is all good publicity stuff for the Giants this year: Randy's 300th, Lincecum the wonderbot. I wonder if the Giants don't sneak in there and pick up Manny to give them a shot to compete (and really put the Barry years behind them).

I'm not a Giants fan, but they do have a sneaky good team this year. If they just had one more good bat in the lineup....

-bscott.

godwulf
01-29-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, but I can't wait to see a photo of two new S.F. Giants standing next to each other: Tim Lincecum and Randy Johnson. Lincecum probably comes up the letters on Johnson's jersey.

It was always funny seeing one of Randy's somewhat height-challenged teammates, like Augie Ojeda or Quinton McCracken - both 5'8' - standing next to the Unit. At least in '08 we had a guy, at least for the last part of the year, who Randy didn't have to look down to talk to, in Jon Rauch.

I've stood next to Randy myself, and it was kind of creepy...like being a little kid, or like he was some kind of alien. (I always thought it would have been funny if they'd included Randy in that scene in 'Men in Black', where they're looking at all the monitors showing the activity of aliens disguised as humans.)

I think at least some of that has to do with his attitude. I run into Robin Lopez, plays for the Phoenix Suns, every Wednesday at the comic store, and he's, I think, 7'1", and his brother, who's always with him, is only an inch shorter, and I don't get that "alien" vibe from those guys.