PDA

View Full Version : Jersey customization

seven4five20
01-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know of a good, quality place to get a jersey customized? I wanted to get my son a Braves jersey customized with his name and number on it. MLB charges waaaaaaaay too much. I figured I might be able to save buying an authentic off ebay then sending it to someone to customize. Any help would be appreciated.

eisenreich8
01-29-2009, 12:52 PM
http://www.exclusivepro.com/

I've used them many times, they are great. I just print off the order form, fill in what instructions I have for them, and mail in the jersey, form and payment. Quick turnaround and top-flight quality (definite major league accuracy). Good luck!

dcrules01
01-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Shoot me an email I belong to a jersey newsgroup and we use one guy.The turn around time is rather quick and he does top notch work.EPS does quality work but sometimes the turn around time is rather slow because of the work load..Shoot me an email dcrules01@msn.com

STLCardinalscollector
01-29-2009, 09:28 PM
As long as this subject came up, does anyone know were you can get a flannel jersey from the sixty's numbered with authenic numbers?
Thanks, David

Sluggo
01-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Koch Sporting Goods, Cincinnati, OH

(513) 621-2352

Good enough for the Reds and Bengals...

redoctober
01-30-2009, 04:45 AM
Koch Sporting Goods, Cincinnati, OH

(513) 621-2352

Good enough for the Reds and Bengals...

I can second this and will add that I have used them for other teams as well. Actually,have entrusted them quite a bit. I have used their services to cut numbers, get them signed, then give them back to Koch's to stitch onto a jersey -- great success in years past. They are great!

mbenga28
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
can anyone recommend any jersey customizers in New York area? thank you.

TNTtoys
01-30-2009, 04:43 PM
can anyone recommend any jersey customizers in New York area? thank you.

I live in the New York area, and to be honest, and I don't use anyone local. for numerous reasons. I deal with the best in the business, and it's worth mailing a box to him every once in a while. His attention to detail is better and his turnaround time is quicker than most local shops regardless. If you want good work done, you should not be concerned with bargain shopping or locality, because:
1. If the price is right, that doesn't mean the work will be.
2. If it's local, that doesn't always imply you will get it back quickly (especially if the place is backlogged...or even if they send it out themselves).

If you want any help with customizing, feel free to drop me an email: TNT_Toys@yahoo.com.

mbenga28
01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I just want to find the places that do the lettering for the local teams like Yankees, Rangers, Knicks, Islanders and Mets. not particular about quality but want to get it the same place the teams do. thank you.

TNTtoys
01-30-2009, 11:19 PM
I just want to find the places that do the lettering for the local teams like Yankees, Rangers, Knicks, Islanders and Mets. not particular about quality but want to get it the same place the teams do. thank you.
You should have asked that question in the first place. The Mets get their work done by Stitches in Queens. Some of the other teams use Gerry Cosby, who used to have a shop right in Madison Square Garden (they have since moved to a shop nearby). I don't know who customizes for the other NY teams.

dcrules01
01-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Stitches also does the Islanders now.

lisicki
01-31-2009, 08:15 AM
I thought Stitches had a website up at one time...Does anyone know if they still do??

mbenga28
01-31-2009, 12:09 PM
okay thanks so Islanders and Mets use Stitches. what about the Yankees, Rangers and Knicks?

lisicki
01-31-2009, 12:22 PM
I highly recommend using Exclusive Pro Sports. I have had them do many of my NFL jerseys (up until the NFL stopped them from accepting orders from non-licensed NFL retailers). They still are allowed and accept MLB, NHL & NBA jerseys....great work and reasonable pricing!

I wouldn't go anywhere else after having their work on my jerseys...I just wish the NFL would un handcuff them for the football jerseys!:mad:

ausdenms
01-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know of any place to customize an NFL jersey? exclisivepro.com will no longer do them. Any advice would be appreciated!

lisicki
01-31-2009, 05:07 PM
I hate to say it (because I am looking for the same thing after EPS was shut out) that most places will not do them (if they are NFL licensed) because the NFL will not permit them.

Your only choice now is to go to a local sports store or if you have sewing skills, you can do it yourself.....