PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Twins Fest?

lund6771
01-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Anyone go this year?

Couldn't make it this year...

What was in the live auction?...anything vintage?

harleighb
01-29-2009, 02:05 AM
I attended all three days of Twinsfest this year. Liriano and Neshek weren't in attendance, Delmon was sick Friday and Saturday, Cuddyer was sick all three days (I think), Alexi Casilla missed at least one day and Mudcat Grant left after Friday night (although he was supposed to be there all weekend).

Game used items consisted primarily of the jerseys from the Pro Shops. Jerseys from the guys that play regularly weren't marked down at all. They had a discount jersey rack (in the past it was a $100 jersey rack) that ran from $400 down to $50. On Sunday afternoon everything on the discount rack was 25% off.

The live auction had a GU uniform from each of Mauer, Morneau, Nathan and Liriano. They had the robes worn by Killebrew and Carew in the "hitting gurus" commercial from 08 in the live auction. Outside of a bat and picture signed at one of the WS team reunions the live auction didn't have any vintage items.

nomarmauerfan
01-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Harleighb hit it pretty-much right on the head. I was really disappointed in the GU stuff available this year. I spoke to Matt Hoy, the guy in charge of the Pro Shops, and he said that MLB did not return any of the bats sent to NY for the maple vs. ash study. Therefore, they only had jerseys. There was 1 dealer that had 2 Morneau and 1 Mauer bat (the "better" Morneau (according to him) and the Mauer were both sold on Friday). The Red Wings had GU jerseys, including Liriano for $250 (I was discouraged to see one of their employees wearing it, yet it was still for sale!). The only bats in the auction were Morneau, Cuddyer, and Span together. I started the bidding, but, it quickly got out of my range. I believe it finished just under $900. The Mauer jersey went for $2000 and the Morneau for either $1400 or $1700. LMK if you have any other questions.

Mike

lund6771
01-29-2009, 09:30 PM
THanks Guys!

I wonder if they'll ever pull smething out of archives, but I doubt it

Seeing a Puckett WS Gamer would be the ultimate

harleighb
01-30-2009, 12:48 AM
None of the great bargains you hear about at other teams' events. The only positive was that a limited quantity of jerseys were sold for $50 (with an additional 25% discount on Sunday afternoon).

I always pick-up a cheap jersey to wear to the next season's games and I managed to get a Rickey Barrett GU (although he wasn't up in 2007) jersey with MLB hologram and Carneal patch for $37.50.

If you see someone at a game next season in a Barrett jersey, you know its either me or someone in Barrett's family!

xpress34
01-30-2009, 01:33 AM
None of the great bargains you hear about at other teams' events.

At least the Twins gave their fans a three day event... the cheap @$$ Rockies did a ONE day (last Saturday) so called 'Fan' fest... but ONLY for the 1st 5000 Season Ticket Holders that asked for tickets back in December...

What a joke!

- Chris