PDA

View Full Version : What's the story on the 87 Mets Rawlings jerseys tagged PO87?

TAFKADixie
01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I have a 1987 Rawlings Mets jersey of Tim Teufel that I bought years ago. It is tagged on the inside "11PO87". Am I to assume that these were a set of jerseys made for the Playoffs but never used as they missed it by 3 games that year? I bought it as game used, but I'm guessing this is going to fall in the game-issued category now.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/TAFKADixie/Jerseys/teufelF.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/TAFKADixie/teufeltag.jpg

suave1477
01-26-2009, 11:55 AM
A great person to ask this to would be TNT

But as I was also told and to the best of my knowledge these were to be used for the possible Playoffs but as you mentioned they did not make it.

So most are considered game issued, but I do believe some were used earlier by the players for whatever reason, whether they ran out of there regular jerseys, or just decided to have a new Jersey on I don't know.

I personally own Bill Robinson's Jersey with PO87 and he told me at the time he did wear his and it shows (light use on it for a First Base coach) & Tocacco juice stain from when he spit.

So I believe most can/should be considered issued but there may have been a couple actually worn.

TNTtoys
01-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I have a 1987 Rawlings Mets jersey of Tim Teufel that I bought years ago. It is tagged on the inside "11PO87". Am I to assume that these were a set of jerseys made for the Playoffs but never used as they missed it by 3 games that year? I bought it as game used, but I'm guessing this is going to fall in the game-issued category now.http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/TAFKADixie/teufeltag.jpg

Hello... Suave knows me all too well! lol

Yes, PO87 means 1987 Playoffs... and this is part of a set that was made for the 1987 playoffs; however, as you pointed out, the Mets missed out. If you were sold this jersey as a "gamer", either the seller didn't know what he had or he did not disclose some very important information to you. This jersey unfortunately is not more than a game issued jersey.

That said, I collect everything and anything 1987 and do not have a Teufel in my collection (something fell through very recently as a matter of fact). If you are interested to sell this jersey, I can pay you very fairly for it. I own over 20 1987 Mets game issued and game used jerseys.

Nick
TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

TAFKADixie
01-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Hello... Suave knows me all too well! lol

Yes, PO87 means 1987 Playoffs... and this is part of a set that was made for the 1987 playoffs; however, as you pointed out, the Mets missed out. If you were sold this jersey as a "gamer", either the seller didn't know what he had or he did not disclose some very important information to you. This jersey unfortunately is not more than a game issued jersey.

That said, I collect everything and anything 1987 and do not have a Teufel in my collection (something fell through very recently as a matter of fact). If you are interested to sell this jersey, I can pay you very fairly for it. I own over 20 1987 Mets game issued and game used jerseys.

Nick
TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

While I'm not overly fond of getting rid of it (it is the only Teufel piece in my Clemson collection), I would always be open to any offers, especially if I know it is going somewhere it will be appreciated and not being used as an investment piece.

dcrules01
01-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Tnt -Nick is your guy then one of the best guys in this hobby..It would be going to a good home...

TNTtoys
01-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Hi Sam,

I emailed you an offer two days ago but did not hear back from you. I tried to be a little creative with my offer. If you did not like my offer or are afetr something else, please let me know what you are interested in getting for the jersey.

If the reason you did not respond is that you never received my email, let me know here.

Thanks & look forward to hearing from you.

Nick

TNT_Toys@yahoo.com