PDA

View Full Version : Bad Signing Experience

HENMICK44
01-26-2009, 01:24 AM
Went to a signing in NJ the other day sponsored by MAB CELEBRITIES. Mostly Yankees were there,and some others.I paid about $190.00 for Lou Pinella,Tim Raines,Sparky Lyle,and Mel Stottlemyre.Cone,Wells,Justice Cano, etc were there also but a little expensive.I got the first three to sign a jersey I brought with me within two hours problem free.While I was waiting for my number to be called for Mel a guy in front of me unhooked one of the ropes in front of me that was blocking the signing area and walked in without waiting like everyone else.This guy was followed in by about 15 to 20 other a#$ h#$%'s. The show had security in the area that was standing where you are suppose to enter the signing area and did not see these clowns enter. Myself and another fella told the security officials about the people that entered the area without waiting and were told "you don't like it go get a refund" which is what I did, after waiting for three hours for Stottlemyre. I was pissed.I told the woman that was collecting money that I waited like I was suppose too for three hours to get Mel Stottlemyre to sign my jersey and greedy $%^#'s broke into the signing area because they couldn't wait like civilized people and unfairly jumped the line.I told her that I pay alot of money at these MAB CELEBRITY shows and I'll will never come back to one of their shows.I have two sons and I usually bring my three year old to these shows but I didn't yesterday because he wasn't feeling good,all I can say is thank God. He would have been trampled by these animals that never even played baseball and are just in it for the money aspect.
I will go to other shows again in the future,but this one left a really bad taste in my mouth.If you do bring your children with you to these shows be very careful,they will be run over by some clown that never played little league or even knows the felling of playing the game.

I also emailed MAB CELEBRITIES about this terrible experience but haven't heard back from them as of yet.
P.S- Pinella,Sparky,and Tim Raines were gentlemen!!!!!!!!!!!!

yanks12025
01-26-2009, 06:35 AM
I wanted to go that show to get my Chambliss game worn hat signed and ask a question about it and i also wanted to get my Cano helmet and Pinella bat signed. But my father did not want to make the 3 hour trip to get his Chambliss gear signed that i have bought for him over the year.

godwulf
01-26-2009, 08:47 AM
It's funny, but as I've gotten older (I'll be 55 very soon) I have less and less of a problem getting vocal, sometimes downright aggressive, in situations like that. Some idiot tried to pull that on me a while back at a Matt Williams signing, and I just said, kind of loudly, "Excuse me, you do realize you're cutting in front of a guy with a bag full of baseball bats, right?"

You were certainly, right, imo, to blame the venue for not taking precautions and, worse, for not caring when the problem was pointed out to them. Normally, in your typical signing line, there's sufficient testosterone present to nip something like that in the bud, it seems to me; didn't anybody get in these mooks' faces about it?

mvandor
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Jerseyites.

Nuff said.

chakes89
01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Some idiot tried to pull that on me a while back at a Matt Williams signing, and I just said, kind of loudly, "Excuse me, you do realize you're cutting in front of a guy with a bag full of baseball bats, right?"

Now that's funny

suicide_squeeze
01-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Wish I had been there.

I like a good confrontation with a-holes.

Did I mention I'm 6'4", 240, still athletic at 48? ;)

HENMICK44
01-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah I was going to get in the guys face,but at that point there was about 15 people that followed him in so it would have fell on deaf ears.One guy, maybe two fine but not 15!!!!!!!!!

gameu08
01-26-2009, 04:50 PM
I went to a signing for Hank Aaron that steiner was doing. I had him sign a throwback atlanta braves jersey, nice signature. But while in the process of trying to take a picture I asked Hank if it was ok to snap a quick one with him, of course he said yes, so my friend took the picture and we left. Looked at the picture on the way out only to notice Hank Aaron turned away at the exact time the flash went off. So I went back in to get another pic and was told I would have to spend another 300 in order to take a simple pic. Thanks Hank!!!

Some other bad experiences were Mr. October, Rod Carew, Frank Robinson.

thanks
Mike

HENMICK44
01-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I heard the same about Reggie,Nettles,Mays,and of course Bonds.Some good guys were David Cone,Paul Oneill,Bucky Dent,and Phil Rizzuto in my experiences.On a side note Hideki Irubu was at the same show and looked like he was pissed or had jetlag didn't smile once for the fans and charged way to much,I thought.

Mr.3000
01-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Musial and Stargell were class acts when I got their autographs.

schubert1970
01-26-2009, 07:49 PM
In 1987 some friends and I were waiting in the player parking lot at the Oakland Coliseum for the HR derby/workout. Rickey showed up late and would sign any autographs so some stooge in the crowd called Rickey's mother a bitch. Rickey dropped his bags and walk over to the guy who said this and was going to kill him. Luckily a few people in Rickey's entourage pulled him back. I think the quote from Rickey was "Rickey doesn't like it when people trash Rickey's mom. Rickey doens't forget".