PDA

View Full Version : My favorite misleading seller is back

sylbry
01-25-2009, 10:24 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gomez-2008-Minnesota-Twins-Game-Used-Rookie-Jersey_W0QQitemZ290291675781QQihZ019QQcategoryZ605 97QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A past forum board member (flightposite) is trying to pass of this Mariano Gomez jersey as a Carlos Gomez gamer. I get a kick out of this line, "..should be a great time to pick it up before the price goes up." Yeah like the market for Mariano Gomez jersey's is skyrocketing. Funny how he intentionally leaves out Mariano's first name in the listing yet in all of his other listings he includes the player's first name. Also, notice how he crops the photo so you can't see the jersey is missing the Herb Carneal patch.

He employed this same cropping technique last year when he tried and probobly successfully passed off a 2007 Liriano game issued jersey (Liriano didn't play in 2007) as a gamer by not showing the patch or listing the year.

He is also doing this photo crop with the Garrett Jones jersey, trying to hide the fact it is from Spring Training.

He has also tried to pass off a fake Mauer jersey.

Here is some other info on this seller.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=16796&highlight=bonser

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=14620

He once wrote this, "I don't know how many times i've seen ESM sell stuff that wasn't right, yet they continue to be in business and get top dollar for their stuff." The pot calling the kettle black if you ask me.

dcrules01
01-25-2009, 10:39 AM
I saw the Gomez this morning anything to try and rip someone off..Is it really that hard to be honest?? Hey maybe he will get creative and state Carlos Gomez wore this jersey in Spring Training making it a rarity..:rolleyes: I guess it would be considered his Twins rookie but that is also a bit misleading because his first mlb jersey was with the Mets..

sylbry
01-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Carlos Gomez wore #22 in spring training. Mariano Gomez wore #72 in spring training. A quick roster check would confirm that. Any way you look at it there is no way that jersey can be attributed to Carlos Gomez.

To be fair he isn't saying it is a Carlos Gomez gamer, but he sure is intentionally leaving out the facts.

staindsox
01-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Makes deals and backs out, sells fake stuff, intentionally misrepresents stuff, shill bids, and I was told of a story where I guy did get a decent price on an item from him, but the item got "lost" in the mail, but he couldn't even provide a receipt to prove he had even mailed it in the first place. Most dishonest person I have met in this hobby...and that really says something. All I can say is STAY AWAY!!!

Swarzakguy31
01-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Well, I sure as heck need that Swarzak rochester jersey!

dcrules01
01-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Carlos Gomez wore #22 in spring training. Mariano Gomez wore #72 in spring training. A quick roster check would confirm that. Any way you look at it there is no way that jersey can be attributed to Carlos Gomez.

To be fair he isn't saying it is a Carlos Gomez gamer, but he sure is intentionally leaving out the facts.

I know that and you know that but the uneducated seller can be duped..There are a lot of new collectors that do not do there homework..

spartakid
01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from other's mistakes:)

mnntwns24
01-26-2009, 05:38 PM
well, he relisted the item as a Mariano Gomez jersey and took the $400 BIN tag off.

Mr.3000
01-26-2009, 05:43 PM
I didn't know this about that seller. He's a member on another board I am on. Very interesting information to say the least.