PDA

View Full Version : Brewersfest... Glad I didn't go

Trublubrucru
01-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Got the word from Brewerfest, an hour wait just to get in the door. Autographs are limited(250 each) and they're charging a fee for the first time. (Braun autographs had to be personalized). You had to be lucky, most sold out with thousands of people still waitng in line in 1 degree weather. Players posing for photos are in street clothes(always used to be in uniform) and its a zoo with approximately 10,000 fans. No more rummage sale prices on bats , jerseys or equipment. They're charging full Team store prices(crazy). Looks like the golden days of nice cheap stuff is gone now that teams are marketing their game used items in house at team stores. I ate the 36 bucks for the tickets, but I woulda been quite peeved if I went all the way downtown, payed for parking , stood in line in the cold , push through the masses, and then get squat. I'm glad I didn't go. Jeff

gameused fan
01-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Who knows if it's all accurate or not, but just reading that makes me happy I didn't go, either.

Trublubrucru
01-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Whoa, wait a minute.:eek: I was lead astray so to say. My insider at Brewersfest told me right up till opening time that game used stuff was at full prices. The staff running it kept a tight lid on the stuff,and maybe leaked a bit of misinfo. Nice move Brewers. Turns out bats,hats,helmets,bases and jerseys were at rummmage sale prices(good to hear). Players threw on jersey tops for pics too. I was told the lines for the limited autographs were big with long waits,though. Geez, maybe I shoulda went, but I really wasnt up for big crowds and long lines today. Like to hear about attendees thoughts on the new venue and overall views of the event. Any gems uncovered?

SkubeBats
01-24-2009, 11:07 PM
I was set up today at Brewersfest and I had a great day there. People were spending lots of money and I sold many Brewers items. I was able to pick up a Ben Sheet game used bat and a 2006 opening day base. I was able to get my Ryan Braun and Mat Gamel game used bats signed. The prize of the day was the Robin Yount 1980-1983 game used bats I bought from a local dealer. I can't wait until next year. If you weren't there today you missed it if you ask me. GO BREWERS!!

SkubeBats
01-24-2009, 11:26 PM
All Game Used Bats, Helmets, and Hats were $25.00 Bases were $50.00 and jerseys were $75.00 some good deal were had.

Trublubrucru
01-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Jam it in my face already:D Thanks

AstrosCollector
01-25-2009, 12:22 AM
You were able to get the Sheets bat for $25 and the Opening Day base for $50?

That is a good deal!

jobathenut
01-25-2009, 05:38 AM
wow,those prices are amazing,i was at twins fest this weekend and they hardly even have a sale of game used items,just a few bases at $100 each and a few jerseys but thats it,and they want alot for thier jerseys,my brother said they wanted something like $1,500 for a justin jersey....im not a twins fan but if i was i sure would be upset by it,its amazing hearing about all these other "fest" for all the teams and they sure do alot more gamers than the twins do with thiers.....:)

brian26
01-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Got the word from Brewerfest, an hour wait just to get in the door. Autographs are limited(250 each) and they're charging a fee for the first time. (Braun autographs had to be personalized). You had to be lucky, most sold out with thousands of people still waitng in line in 1 degree weather. Players posing for photos are in street clothes(always used to be in uniform) and its a zoo with approximately 10,000 fans. No more rummage sale prices on bats , jerseys or equipment. They're charging full Team store prices(crazy). Looks like the golden days of nice cheap stuff is gone now that teams are marketing their game used items in house at team stores. I ate the 36 bucks for the tickets, but I woulda been quite peeved if I went all the way downtown, payed for parking , stood in line in the cold , push through the masses, and then get squat. I'm glad I didn't go. Jeff

How could you be that off in such detail? It's almost as if someone purposefully made this lie up to keep other collectors away.

SkubeBats
01-25-2009, 11:06 AM
AstrosCollector,
The Brewers seem to always have their game used equipment chep at Fan Fest but whent it's the winter sale in December they mark up everthing so high. Winter sale bats started at $150.00-$350.00, helmets are $150.00 and jersers start at $250.00 Now at Fan fest the bats are $25.00, helmets $25.00, jerseys unsigned $75.00 and signed for $100.00 that's a big drop in pricing for the two sales.

brian26,
In Trublubrucru defense I was told the same exact information that the prices were going to be the same as the winter sale. All morning yesterday when I was set up there I kept going over to the game used equipment area and asking what the prices where going to be and they wouldn't tell me a thing until the doors opened to the public. The information we both received came from another GUU memebr about the high prices. So we both were fed a line!!

jppopma
01-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Also in defense of Trublu...it looks like he posted this after the fact (I can never get the time varience on this site right). Looks like he is kicking himself enough without calling him out on plotting to keep others away.

brian26
01-25-2009, 09:47 PM
No indictment of Trublu at all....just seemed like whomever told him all of this information really went through a lot of trouble to get it completely wrong in quite a bit of detail.