PDA

View Full Version : Mark McGwire Game Used Bat

mr.miracle
01-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Hello Forum Members:

I am looking for a heavily used Mark McGwire Cardinals bat would prefer 98 - 01 with solid provenance. I would prefer the bat be signed but am willing to look at all options as long as the bat shows heavy use with solid provenance.

Thank you,

mr.miracle
02-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Still looking for Mark McGwire game used bats 97 - 01 Cardinals looking for legit gamers with heavy use, solid provenance. Will pay top dollar for good solid bats. I am willing to pay the following prices

Up to $2000 plus for an autographed 98 gamer with great use and solid provenance.

Up to $1500 for any other year 97, 99, 2000 or 2001 McGwire autographed gamers with great use and solid provenance.

Up to $1000 for any unautographed gamer showing great use and solid provenance.

Please email all items to brettherman2131@hotmail.com.

Thank you and I appreciate your consideration.

Regards,

byergo
02-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Item number:
250366762102http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/globalAssets/rtCurve.gif on ebay is cheap.

Are people staying away from that one because the LOA comes from California Sports Investments? Wasn't that the company that got busted selling supposed "game used" bats with trumped up questionable signs of game use? I wonder what % of the stuff they sold was actually legit? Are blue ball marks correct for 2000 National League balls?

The price is right on that bat, if I had confidence in it I'd pull the trigger myself on that one.

mr.miracle
02-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Item number:
250366762102http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/globalAssets/rtCurve.gif on ebay is cheap.

Are people staying away from that one because the LOA comes from California Sports Investments? Wasn't that the company that got busted selling supposed "game used" bats with trumped up questionable signs of game use? I wonder what % of the stuff they sold was actually legit? Are blue ball marks correct for 2000 National League balls?

The price is right on that bat, if I had confidence in it I'd pull the trigger myself on that one.

I have had a few conversations with several McGwire game used bat experts and pretty much to a man, they questioned the tar patterns on the bat. McGwire bats tend to have a nice app of tar on the lower handle with a gap and then another nice app of tar below, on and in some cases above the centerbrand. This bat is heavily tarred on the centerbrand but shows little or no tar on the lower handle. At least this is the explanation given to me. This bat has been dropping in price over the past few weeks.

In terms of the COA, I know that there have been questions in the past with CSI but like most COA's I essentially consider them garbage one way or another.

wllump52
02-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I picked up a McGuire bat from 2001 from CA. Sports Investments a while back. I will have to check out the pine tar pattern to see if it matches his use. thanks for bringing to light some potential issues that I will need to look at.

skyking26
02-16-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm looking for the same type of bat Brett just bought. Please advise.

R. Koppel

mr.miracle
11-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Looking for a Mark McGwire Game Used Cardinals Bat from the following years. 1997, 2000 and 2001. Prefer cracker or bats with checking or deadwood that took them out of service autographed showing heavy use. Paying nice solid top dollar. I know these are about as easy to obtain as the crown jewels of England but I thought I would at least ask. I would also have some interest in an A's McGwire from any year showing the same heavy use, autographed.

Thanks,

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

skyking26
11-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Looking for a Mark McGwire Game Used Cardinals Bat from the following years. 1997, 2000 and 2001. Prefer cracker or bats with checking or deadwood that took them out of service autographed showing heavy use. Paying nice solid top dollar. I know these are about as easy to obtain as the crown jewels of England but I thought I would at least ask. I would also have some interest in an A's McGwire from any year showing the same heavy use, autographed.

Thanks,

brettherman2131@hotmail.com
Didn't you just have one like described...that you sold to me?

RK

mr.miracle
11-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Didn't you just have one like described...that you sold to me?

Turning into a day trader, selling one thing to buy another. Turning these things every other day. Let me know if you want to sell it back ;)

RK
seeit

mr.miracle
11-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Turning into a day trader, selling one thing to buy another. Turning these things every other day. Let me know if you want to sell it back ;)

skyking26
11-04-2009, 08:16 AM

I made a promise that if I ever sell it, you are first. That said, no interest obviously; but I'll continue to look for you!!!;)

skyking26
11-04-2009, 08:49 AM
I made a promise that if I ever sell it, you are first. That said, no interest obviously; but I'll continue to look for you!!!;)
While I do not have any McGwire bats to sell, I do have a Kingman Louisville S2, 84/85 label, uncracked and signed for $275 delivered if interested Mr. Miracle?????:cool: