PDA

View Full Version : NFL aucion

lund6771
01-22-2009, 10:00 PM
anyone know it they will have any game used jerseys during the next few weeks?

Like a big Sperbowl auction like they've had the last few years?

jayt1234
01-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Check out Hunt Auctions. I received a catalog last week.

Jay

sonic
01-23-2009, 09:49 AM
According to Hunt, the lots will also be posted on NFLAuctions. I assume they'll go up next Monday or Tuesday which is when their current auctions end.

Based on previous years, can anyone tell me what prices are usually like for the SB auctions? Would even a Ryan Leaf GU jersey sell for 2k, or do things tend to go for their market value?

indyred
01-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Here is link to them on NFL.com auctions
http://nflliveauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/feature.d2w/report?cgrfnbr=157&cgmenbr=89709269&sort_order=edatea&sord=0&sort=&GO_SEARCH=&textsearch=&au_nbr=&shlogid=&minprice=&maxprice=&au_type=&status=&category_select=&gallery=&resstat=&wl=89709269&cid=3&sord=0&sort=&InitialPaginateTag=&TotalRowsEver=308&TotalPagesEver=6&pc=1&cval=&nxtrfnbr=
Some amazing stuff.
Looks like they got a bunch of Chargers alternates from this season.
They have a Brett Favre Jets from Oakland game, but it is not even listed as game worn in the title.
A Broncos orange alternate from Brandon Marshall, a game he had 2 td's in.
Also a Cutler regular Blue.
Even a pylon from last years Super Bowl.
Even pylon from last years Super Bowl.

jayt1234
01-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Interesting story on those. Chris Berman from ESPN mentioned that the Chargers had intended to wear there powder blue alternates for the playoff game, which was weird he said due to the fact they had already been sent to be auctioned off (they were worn 12/4/08 against the Raiders).

Well as the catalog states "As of the catalog printing, the jersey's were returned for the Chargers for use in the Wild Card Playoff game 1/3/09...Please visit our website for updated photographs & usage characteristics).

I guess the Chargers orginization were not to confident about the playoffs, and were determined to wear these alternates. Funny thing is the Darren Sporles jersey was originally looking to fetch between $300 - $400. Bet after being used in the playoff game it will certainly have gone up in value.

Jay