PDA

View Full Version : Public Apology to Bubbarubb25, Rob L and Tim@hof bats

halofan
01-22-2009, 05:43 PM
I have received a couple of emails re: Danny aka bubbarubb25, that im basically uncompassionate ahole & a jerk. I apologize to Danny for outing him on the forum. I probably jumped the gun.

I also want to apologize to Tim @ hof bats, when I first got in to GU collecting, Tim was one of first people that I met (talked to). I had bought a bat from him then changed my mind due to a post on the forum telling people to stay away from this particular bat, and I hurt his feelings because I believed people in the post and I questioned his knowledge of game used bats. I have apologized in emails to Tim and regret burning a bridge with him. He really is a great guy and alot of you already know that.

Strike one for me

I also want to apologize to Rob L, we were involved in a trade back in Nov. or Dec. I was not able to complete the trade/cash deal. At that time it was a real bad time for me $ wise. I'm sorry Rob about that.

Strike two for me

I apologize to Danny for outing him on the forum, I didn't mean to embaress him or make him look bad.

Strike three im out.

As some of you know a year and half ago I was diagnosed with severe meniere's disease. My life has changed dramactically I lost my job as a radio dj and producer for a couple of radio shows, I've lost my hearing, lost people who I thought were my friends, family members who turn their backs on me cause I dont make the money I used to make. I can't do alot of things I used to and I dont want to get into it. The point is I'm not the same guy I was back then.

I think it's best I just leave the forum and find a new hobby, I don't want to cause problems. Thank you to anyone that helped me on here. There are lot of good people on here. I have enjoyed reading the posts and seeing pictures of peoples collection.

I Wish everyone the best and take care,

Billy

earlywynnfan
01-22-2009, 06:10 PM
To be honest, if I paid someone, then 17 days later the item wasn't shipped, and they weren't replying to my emails, I'd be angry, too.

Looks like we all make mistakes.

Nobody's saying you should go away because of yours.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

bubbrubb25
01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Apology accepted it was a very mature thing for you to do and I hope things work out for you.

bubbrubb25
01-22-2009, 06:12 PM
To be honest, if I paid someone, then 17 days later the item wasn't shipped, and they weren't replying to my emails, I'd be angry, too.

Looks like we all make mistakes.

Nobody's saying you should go away because of yours.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
Wait who said I never reply'ed to emails?

Rob L
01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
No need for an apology Billy. Be well!!!

joelsabi
01-22-2009, 06:43 PM
As some of you know a year and half ago I was diagnosed with severe meniere's disease. My life has changed dramactically I lost my job as a radio dj and producer for a couple of radio shows, I've lost my hearing, lost people who I thought were my friends, family members who turn their backs on me cause I dont make the money I used to make. I can't do alot of things I used to and I dont want to get into it. The point is I'm not the same guy I was back then.

I think it's best I just leave the forum and find a new hobby, I don't want to cause problems. Thank you to anyone that helped me on here. There are lot of good people on here. I have enjoyed reading the posts and seeing pictures of peoples collection.

Billy

Some people get into the hobby to relieve stress. Continue to read and check out others collections and visit the forum. We all make mistake. Some people are just brave to admit it.

Be well

eisenreich8
01-22-2009, 06:53 PM
None of this is worth flailing yourself over. I don't pretend to know too much and don't try to persuade people to believe or think the way I do, but when you put all of the issues on the table like you did, the case of a mere GU bat is pretty insignificant. I am only saying this as I feel you are experiencing true challenges in your life and it would no doubt help your cause to focus your positive energy on making a list of what you need to see change, and devoting the energy to trying to facilitate those changes. Medically, I don't know how you can manage things but you WILL overcome odds if you focus on you first. I really sound like a shrink, sorry about that.

I also have experience dumping on people who I thought wronged me, over financial considerations, and outed them on a public forum. I had about half the members for me, and half agin me. The wrong was righted, I manned up and apologized accordingly, then got folks who initially supported me call ME out and ask why I was being lame enough to forgive this guy. Truthfully, the majority gave me credit. But, I attribute my outbursts to a peiod of relapsing clinical depression which I have had for most of my adult life. Self-analysis and tweaking of the meds helped me come around. Then, I too wondered why I was behaving like someone I didn't used to be.

I'm not trivializing your concern over a bat you paid for and waited an excessive amount of time for. I seethed not too long ago over a DVD I bid on and won on eBay, the jerk said he never got my check, and after a month I sent him another payment, I got the DVD reeking of cigarette smoke and all scratched up, and you bet, BOTH my $15 checks were cashed just prior to him closing his eBay account. I think most of us have been there.

It was an honorable thing to ring yourself up on strikes but tomorrow we will all forget. In my short time here on the GU Forum I have watched and learned many times over anything I would be able to contribute, and I am grateful for the pleasure it brings me. Don't leave the forum and find a new hobby. Take a deep breath and come back here tomorrow with a new outlook. I really hope your life's circumstances improve for you.

skyking26
01-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I have received a couple of emails re: Danny aka bubbarubb25, that im basically uncompassionate ahole & a jerk. I apologize to Danny for outing him on the forum. I probably jumped the gun.

I also want to apologize to Tim @ hof bats, when I first got in to GU collecting, Tim was one of first people that I met (talked to). I had bought a bat from him then changed my mind due to a post on the forum telling people to stay away from this particular bat, and I hurt his feelings because I believed people in the post and I questioned his knowledge of game used bats. I have apologized in emails to Tim and regret burning a bridge with him. He really is a great guy and alot of you already know that.

Strike one for me

I also want to apologize to Rob L, we were involved in a trade back in Nov. or Dec. I was not able to complete the trade/cash deal. At that time it was a real bad time for me $ wise. I'm sorry Rob about that.

Strike two for me
meniere's disease. My life has changed dramactically I lost my job as a
I apologize to Danny for outing him on the forum, I didn't mean to embaress him or make him look bad.

Strike three im out.

As some of you know a year and half ago I was diagnosed with severe radio dj and producer for a couple of radio shows, I've lost my hearing, lost people who I thought were my friends, family members who turn their backs on me cause I dont make the money I used to make. I can't do alot of things I used to and I dont want to get into it. The point is I'm not the same guy I was back then.

I Wish everyone the best and take care,

Billy
Billy: My sister-in-law suffers from this disease, but has it in check. I wish you well in your recovery...certainly hope and pray there is indeed one. Don't let people take you from something you enjoy...

Example, I started a long illness last June and have been off work ever since. I had surgery in November, and in another 4 weeks we'll called it a failed surgery. There are many days like yesterday that the pain level is unbearable. Thankfully, the hobby and friends have assisted thru the time. As did I , you will note as time goes by those that are true friends and those that are not; just treat it accordingly. There were some disappointments along the way from people that don't call or email (as soon as I stopped buying from them), guys who offered gamer gloves just before surgery - and sold it even though I assisted them in selling an item, guys that 10 days before told you you were in line for an item and then decide to sell to a larger client, etc. Just hang in there and deal with those that are your true friends. You know who they are...and if you don't now you will soon enough!

whatupyos
01-22-2009, 07:51 PM
That was nice of you to apologize, but I dont think you needed too. People say things, and they're words. It just seems better communication on both sides would have helped a lot. No harm no foul hopefully. Its a shame you have been getting harassing emails. Seems like there are a lot of "tough guys" out there over the internet. I think people in general should let the two parties involved work it out and stay out of others business. STICKS AND STONES people.....sticks and stones.

Aaron

markize
01-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Example, I started a long illness last June and have been off work ever since. I had surgery in November, and in another 4 weeks we'll called it a failed surgery.

Sorry to hijack this thread...........Bob, I just wanted to let you know a friend of mine had the same surgery you had back in July 2008. He had both sides done, with a 6 inch slice on each side. He had large pieces of mesh inserted on each side. He is still going through it, although he said it is getting better. I know it has been over 6 months for him, and I'm sure it's no consolation for you, but, take your own advice and "hang in there".

Mark

skyking26
01-23-2009, 03:15 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread...........Bob, I just wanted to let you know a friend of mine had the same surgery you had back in July 2008. He had both sides done, with a 6 inch slice on each side. He had large pieces of mesh inserted on each side. He is still going through it, although he said it is getting better. I know it has been over 6 months for him, and I'm sure it's no consolation for you, but, take your own advice and "hang in there".

Mark
Mark:

Shoot me an email: skyking442@hotmail.com

markize
01-23-2009, 05:22 AM
email sent

skyking26
01-23-2009, 05:56 PM
email sent
I replied back. I appreciate the nice comments. As I stated earlier to Halo, don't abandon a fun hobby. There will be days where you deal with people that are 2 faced, etc., but ignorance is bliss. I rec'd an email today from the guy who sold the glove I was referring to. He said he needed money, but in light of me assisting him with a sale not long ago - he could have gotten ahold of me sooner. Money does strange things to some.