PDA

View Full Version : Is Ball Park Heroes a reputable source?

stew609
04-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I was wondering what kind of reputation Ball Park Heros has. Most of the LOA's from them that I've seen are hand written. Anybody have an opinion on them?

ripkengamers
04-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Kim is a VERY reputable dealer..............have no concerns dealing with him!

kingjammy24
04-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I don't understand the significance of a hand-written LOA. I suppose it could be easily forged but that's irrelevant if you're purchasing from Kim directly. There are plenty of dealers out there printing out computer-generated LOAs that are selling garbage. Computer-generated LOAs and holograms don't make an item good. They simply make it easier to verify the provenance if you intend on re-selling the item.

As for Ball Park Heroes, I think you'll find most people will say they've got a stellar reputation. Their COAs may seem a bit lacking but it doesn't really matter because Kim knows his stuff and in the end, you're buying the jersey not the COA. In all honesty, Ball Park Heroes is one of the very few dealers (ie: less than 6) that I wouldn't feel hesitant buying from. They're legit through and through.

Rudy.

both-teams-played-hard
04-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Most of the LOA's from them that I've seen are hand written. Anybody have an opinion on them?
If you want a nice looking LOA, then see photoshop and Kinko's. If you want quality 100% legit game used sports memorabilia, then see BallPark Heroes!

Eric
04-10-2006, 07:57 PM
I too have to throw my hat in the ring- Ball Park Heroes is rock solid!
Eric

Kid4hof03
04-10-2006, 08:14 PM
As good as it gets.

Abe

bat_master
04-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Agreed. I purchased my very first game used jersey from them. Great company, easy to contact, easy to work with. Great seller! Hope to do more business in the future.

Tim Byington

stew609
04-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks for all the help. No offense meant about a hand written LOA, it's just not something you see to often, that's why I asked.

JackHE
04-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Have bought several FB jerseys - rock solid seller. Have an exact photo match on at least 1.

Jack

Nathan
04-10-2006, 11:35 PM
The reason why a handwritten LOA is notable doesn't necessarily have to do with scarcity, but more with ease of tampering and forgery. It's been mentioned already that an LOA is basically worthless, and those who go out of their way to make a very nice and professional-looking LOA don't make a bad item any more real.

What it comes down to is the fact that it is infinitely more difficult to pick a known dealer/authenticator and forge an entire letter that's handwritten; compare this to being able to forge a signature, logo, or even an embossed seal. I've thought about how I'm going to write letters for what's in my collection (which would reflect the amount of research that goes into each one), and the thought of a handwritten one is appealing based more on the fact that someone forging my particular handwriting is incredibly difficult. No one in my family can even come close to replicating it, and they're related to me. That's not just me either; how many people can forge your personal writing style?

hblakewolf
04-11-2006, 06:08 AM
Nathan-
I have personally been dealing with the Stigall brothers for well over 15 years, and have both sold and purchased jerseys from them. If you are looking for two of the most honest and well respected individuals in the business, you've found them!

Great guys and great equipment.

The handwritten LOA-who really cares if it's handwritten, computer generated or scribed by a blind man on the back of a M & M wrapper. DO YOUR OWN HOMEOWRK BEFORE DEPENDING ON A LOA.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
04-11-2006, 09:55 AM
[quote=hblakewolf]The handwritten LOA-who really cares if it's handwritten, computer generated or scribed by a blind man on the back of a M & M wrapper. quote]

What company is currently issuing LOAs on the back of M&M wrappers? Oh wait, what company has a blind man authenticating jerseys?

both-teams-played-hard
04-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh wait, what company has a blind man authenticating jerseys?

Loaded Question!

metsbats
04-11-2006, 01:35 PM
It's amazing that the Stigall brothers are located in a state (Bedford, Ind) that has no major league baseball team yet they continue to offer geninue MLB GU merchandise for over 15 years.

I've brought GU bats from BPH since 1989 some of which I still have in my collection.

Highly recommended!

David

athletics61
04-11-2006, 03:29 PM
I have purchased numerous jerseys from Ball Park Heroes since 1990, and I have been one happy collector every time. If I see any jersey for sale in a Ball Park Heroes ad that interests me, I do not hesitate to purchase it. Service is rock solid.

Don

LEGEND33
04-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Received today a LOA from Ball Park Heroes (one of the GREATEST seller in the hobby). SURPRISE: is a new cuomputerized LOA with pics !!!
....but i do not need LOA from him....remain one of the best!

33bird
04-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I've bought jerseys and bats from Ball Park Heroes. Always top notch. Adrian Dantley, Bruce Hurst, Kris Benson, Dee Brown, etc. Never had a problem.
Greg

EndzoneSports
04-13-2006, 06:03 AM
Having purchased my very first FB gamer from the Stigel bros. way back when, I can honestly say that that they are still one of the very best in terms of honesty and integrity and as such can be trusted implictly.

michael25
08-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Have many numerous purchases of MLB game used jerseys from Kim, over a number of years. Highly recommend doing business with Ball Parl Heroes, they have advertised in SCD for as long as I can recall, always offering "the real thing" and easy to do business with. Michael

mbrieve
08-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Wow, you really had to dig to find this thread...last post was over seven years ago. I did notice recently that http://www.ballparkheroes.net/ was down, but they have active listings on eBay.

I, too, have bought several items from Kim and they are always just as described!

camarokids
08-01-2013, 07:57 PM
I have bought many items from BPH. Never an issue. I have also traded and sold items to Kim.

Great people to deal witth!

Anabolicollege17
08-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Guy is top notch. Always honest, and up front with everything. They also except offers lower than list prices. A in my book.

From a lie and fry hobby/business (article #349 J.O Sports) they have never did anyone wrong that I've heard of in all existence.

mickeymbz
08-01-2013, 09:55 PM
bought from them many times,,, one of the most honest and non-condescending people in the business

jdr3
08-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Kim is the best

sox83cubs84
08-04-2013, 07:30 PM
If Kim and David AREN'T the best game-sued dealers in the business, they're at least certainly in the team picture.

Dave Miedema

metsbats
08-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Back in the day when there was no ebay, no teams selling GU, and no internet the only guys (besides other collectors) to buy legit gamers from were Ball Park Heroes and a host of other well known dealers ( John Taube, Zane Burns, CNI, Dave Drozen, B&E Collectibles, ER Gallery, etc)

I used to look forward to getting my weekly copy of SCD to checkout BPH's inventory.

David